• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Eggs anyone!

Terry Miller

Can anyone share their secret to cleaning eggs from siding? Kids did the dirty deed this past Winter. It has been on for a couple months. Now to clean it off? We have a 5.5 cold rig. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Florin Nutu

I just did one about a month ago. I used a strong house wash mix. It cleaned it away good. There was two spots at the point of impacts, where the egg actally ate thru the paint a bit. The house I did was painted wood siding.

Ken Fenner

A butyl cleaner will work well in some cases, Terry. The backup plan is to use very warm water 130-150 degrees. Brushing also helps. Egg can be a nightmare.

deach

Terry, I did a wash as part of a paint prep that had been egged. The normal wash got it off where it hadn't eaten thru the paint. Where it had been allowed to stay on (this happened two years ago)?? and was the heaviest it had eaten thru the coating into the wood. This was painted wood siding. Good luck with it if it's wood.

Terry Miller

OK, The egg is off. However there is a residue on the same area. Would F-13 work to eliminate this? Thank you.

Last edited:

Jbruno

I actually used a little gutter shock and brushed the area where the eggs had hit... these eggs where on for about 1 year on older vinyl.

Jbruno

Gutter shock is pretty good stuff. I also have used in Truck washing... added a little bit to my brush bucket and cleaned the back of a box truck that had a severe oil leak. also used on white enclosed landscape trailers to get the grey streaks that run down from the roof. it's pretty good. I'm sure there are other chems that would do this, but I only caryy GS, Citracleen, Roof Magic, Oxalic, 12%, truck wash and now some powder strippers!