Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power

Default Re: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power

Ok Dan. Its a good thing most guys on these boards dont have your thought process, otherwise there would be alot of newer guys doing things the wrong way and making the industry look bad.

I think it would just be a shame if we were held to the standard of doing a job completely.
    Scott Davis
    Confident Roof Cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by plainpainter View Post
    I've chosen not to share the technique - only because it's a whole heck of a lot easier to tell folks it won't come off. Because if I tell people how to take off Artillery Fungus - it requires extras steps and chems - and I just know that guys will incorporate back into their normal house washing prices - and there you go, now we have to do more work to do an acceptable job for the same pay. And I am just sick and tired of 'locals' robbing my ideas - perhaps in two years I will share the technique.

How many fricking times have people tried to help you Dan? How many times have guys tried to help you get your website doing better, etc. And then there is a great RT close to you and you use some crap excuse that you cant make it. Whatever man...

Your the one on here robbing ideas. And in two years you'll be out of business still living at home.

Back to the ignore list you go...

I've helped alot of people with alot of things - Don - it's hardly been a one way street. And it's my choice whether or not I attend these RT's - it's a free country, I have every right not to go to them. I've shared more ideas with certain individuals in private - To say I have been 'robbing' ideas on these boards would be a tad presumptive on your part - there hasn't been very much good knowledge on these boards for a very long time to rob from.

Hope your are doing well, Don, been doing tons of estimates lately myself. Have a couple of jobs lined up - with the money will be able to get my steering column fixed and stay on top of my bills. And took the machine out of winter storage yesterday, flushed all the glycol - and all systems are go - ready to make money!
    Daniel Tambasco
    Just Plain Painting
    Gutter Cleaning MA
    Deck Restoration Contractor
    978-749-9808

If I knew something about a subject I would share. You all have gotten to know me ask the question man probably, but thats what someone who wants to discover the truth does.

Ken, Matt, Barry, Jim in NJ, Thad and many others know I always have questions, but even though they are a lot larger than average outfits they still answer the questions that would seem a little elementary. It would be as if someone asked me a painting question. To me it would be...cute because thats all I have done all my life until recently.

I would however share any secrets I k now because I simply think there is no one better than my technique, problem solving skills, coatings choice and quality. Not trying to be ****y, but there it is all laid out. I would not feel like you all were my "Competition" oh no, they will take all my jobs away from me. If I told you guys how to pickle wood the old fashioned way and if you actually could do it better than me just by hearing how I do it then I need to go throw rocks at myself.

Not saying this is the case for hush hush lips about AF, but just how I would feel if someone asked me something.
    Colonial Power Washing and Painting by Sutton specializes in professional Pressure Washing Services and Roof Cleaning in Reading PA
    Make us your go to Pressure Washing company on FACE BOOK today!

Contact us for a free estimate or consultation at:

484-334-1311

I will be disclosing my method in about a year. AF is a different issue than most problems. The answer wasn't easy, and it's not something that I,... or apparently Dan want to disclose to people who haven't done the research to figure it out. Just to much time and effort into it to just hand it over.

On that note, I've shared lots of info with people over the years on various boards. I'm sure there are guys here that aren't disclosing every trick in their bag.

Jeff
    Since 1996
    Raystown Roof Cleaning
    Central, Pa
    (814)644-1396 or 1-800-236-0322
    Roof Cleaning Central Pennsylvania
    T.V Commercial

I find it unethical to not disclose ideas on a board designed for sharing ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by ccpressureclean View Post
    I find it unethical to not disclose ideas on a board designed for sharing ideas.
    Honestly, why are you trying to stir up trouble by highlighting something from another thread that I was involved with. These things will go on and on,... and I choose to move on. I'm not here for that and I have to catch myself sometimes because I'm guilty of it as well,... I just decide to end my part in it.

I will end this discussion here, as I did on the other thread.

Jeff
    Since 1996
    Raystown Roof Cleaning
    Central, Pa
    (814)644-1396 or 1-800-236-0322
    Roof Cleaning Central Pennsylvania
    T.V Commercial

Quote Originally Posted by plainpainter View Post
    I've chosen not to share the technique - only because it's a whole heck of a lot easier to tell folks it won't come off. Because if I tell people how to take off Artillery Fungus - it requires extras steps and chems - and I just know that guys will incorporate back into their normal house washing prices - and there you go, now we have to do more work to do an acceptable job for the same pay. And I am just sick and tired of 'locals' robbing my ideas - perhaps in two years I will share the technique.

Wow, is this technique more advanced than the breakthrough you announced the paint forum (but declined to share) in which you are able to prevent interior oil enamels from yellowing? Man, you sure did spend alot of years focusing on the wrong stuff. Good strategy now though, keep these guys in technician mode trying to catch up with your application prowess while you motor ahead in entrepeneur mode.

Excellent differentiation strategy, Daniel. You have the competitive advantage finally. You mentioned in another post that you are landing jobs. No more lingering in misery on every painting and washing board for you anymore!

Scott Burt
    Topcoat Finishes, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by ccpressureclean View Post
    I am going to come to Jeffs defense. He has said he will share his idea once he knows it works 100% of the time. Which I think is a good thing so that a bunch of people are not out experimenting on customers houses.

Dans comment "only because it's a whole heck of a lot easier to tell folks it won't come off" is what irked me."

I would get into why, but I think it speaks for itself.
    Scott Davis
    Confident Roof Cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by topcoat View Post
    Wow, is this technique more advanced than the breakthrough you announced the paint forum (but declined to share) in which you are able to prevent interior oil enamels from yellowing? Man, you sure did spend alot of years focusing on the wrong stuff. Good strategy now though, keep these guys in technician mode trying to catch up with your application prowess while you motor ahead in entrepeneur mode.

Excellent differentiation strategy, Daniel. You have the competitive advantage finally. You mentioned in another post that you are landing jobs. No more lingering in misery on every painting and washing board for you anymore!
    The secret to beating the yellowing in oil is to not use the crap. It is outdated. Use Waterborne acrylic. It dries fast, so if you are a slow stroker stay away. It will not yellow and is hard as nails if you prep right. If I remember. The last time I used oil I did so with Duron?

I think something with ammonia makes the oil yellow. Thats the least of its worries. It is harsh to work with especially in a occupied residence or hospital. It also becomes brittle overtime.
    Colonial Power Washing and Painting by Sutton specializes in professional Pressure Washing Services and Roof Cleaning in Reading PA
    Make us your go to Pressure Washing company on FACE BOOK today!

Contact us for a free estimate or consultation at:

484-334-1311

• Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information