Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power

Default Re: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power

Quote Originally Posted by 814jeffw View Post

On that note, I've shared lots of info with people over the years on various boards. I'm sure there are guys here that aren't disclosing every trick in their bag.

Jeff
    Bingo! Jeff you certainly have shared loads of info - as I feel so have I. We both probably have some 'goodies' in our bag that perhaps we won't mind sharing in the next 2-3 years, but for now represents our edge in our local markets. And for now sharing how to remove A.F. is not high on my priority list. I don't see why guys care so much? It's a pita process - 50% of my prospects aren't even receptive to being upsold on gutter scrubbing, and the mention of it automatically means it gets added in free - because the 'other' guys included it as well, even though they mentioned it. Nah - I accidently came upon how to remove the stuff last summer. But I've mentioned it a couple of times - and people thought I was trying to chisel them. Now I just say it can't be removed, along with gutter brushing - it's been relegated to the 'Adding' value department if I want to close a really big job on the spot.
    Daniel Tambasco
    Just Plain Painting
    Gutter Cleaning MA
    Deck Restoration Contractor
    978-749-9808

I find nothing wrong with a company not disclosing proprietary information. If I had spent years and many hours developing ways to do something that others can't (I have - don't ask!) I wouldn't be too exited about sharing that info - especially in a forum that anyone - customers and competition - have access to. Some will share this type of info in PM's when asked politely, by folks that also contribute.

The amount of information shared on this - and other - bbs is outstanding, but don't ask Coke for their formula and then get upset when they won't share it.
    John Orr
    Former UAMCC Board Member/Treasurer
    Low-Pressure Exterior Cleaning
    757/718-5442
    http://www.exteriorcleaning.com

Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

Quote Originally Posted by topcoat View Post

Excellent differentiation strategy, Daniel. You have the competitive advantage finally. You mentioned in another post that you are landing jobs. No more lingering in misery on every painting and washing board for you anymore!

You are correct Scott - pretty soon I won't be visiting these boards for very much longer.

As to the oil paint not yellowing - again, why solve an issue that would force oneself out of multiple repaints? But here is a clue, if you have a friend that cooks - and that friend cuts up and skins a bunch of apples - what would that person put on the apples to prevent them from not browning from the air?

BTW - mentioning I can clean artillery fungus is not a competitive edge for me. I don't even bring it up, Scott. I will however tell them that it can't come off - and as far as I am concerned, nobody knows how to take it off. What I have found out Scott - before I came to my discovery - when I was on the premises and described how it wouldnt come off - most folks seemed to be offended - or would outright tell me that it would! So I would pleasantly shake their hands and tell them to have a nice day - and that I could not accept a job under their requirements that I knew I couldn't achieve. It happend the other day - homeowner had 3 year old splashed on oil based deck stain on adjacent vinyl siding. They said the other company could clean it off - and I told them it wouldn't come off. I've stripped decks with full strength HD-80 and slopped it on to adjacent vinyl - and in each case it didn't make a dent into stain slopped onto the vinyl - perhaps lightened it.

Back to the removing artillery fungus - I can get in the groove and wash 3+ homes a day by myself. If I have to add the process of removing artillergy fungus - I don't know if I couldn't even complete the second house wash in that day. Why tell everyone how to remove something - that I know with absolute certainty guys are now going tell homeowners it will come off - and will do so at their cheapo pricing. If I knew guys would charge triple their normal house wash rate to clean this stuff off - sure I would tell guys - but I know that ain't gonna happen.

BTW - the magic ingredient for making oil based paints not yellow is thus, ready Scott?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So what' payroll burden for you Scott? 35% of gross revenue? Did it ever occur to you that a $15/hr work costs your company $20 when you add in all the payroll taxes and comp? So if you do the calculation - you have to charge a $57+ man-hour - based on a $hitty salary of $15. You pay your professionals that little, Scott? For your better homes and garden work?

And there you are on those other forums saying how you can't get work if you charge that much. So that just tells me - you are like the other idiots that hire 20+ guys cover payroll burden, add in $5/head, and call that a 100k+ salary.....
    Last edited by Carlos Gonzales; 04-04-2009 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Profanity and Name Calling - 30 day ban
    Daniel Tambasco
    Just Plain Painting
    Gutter Cleaning MA
    Deck Restoration Contractor
    978-749-9808

Thats great info Dan, although I'm not a painter, it's fun to "know" things.
    Great for conversation sometimes, and can make me look smarter than I am, Ha, Ha...

Jeff
    Since 1996
    Raystown Roof Cleaning
    Central, Pa
    (814)644-1396 or 1-800-236-0322
    Roof Cleaning Central Pennsylvania
    T.V Commercial

Well looks like Dan has done it again.
    Scott Davis
    Confident Roof Cleaning

Does the UAMCC offer anger management to non members who spread misery and misinformation on the forum?

Scott Burt
    Topcoat Finishes, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by plainpainter View Post

BTW - the magic ingredient for making oil based paints not yellow is thus, ready Scott?

ASCORBYL PALMITATE - A.K.A. Oil based Vitamin C - you dumb piece of $hit. You happy now - Burt-Man? You see Vitamin C prevents oxidation which is what you see as 'yellowing' - and the modification of vitamin to palm oil is what makes the vitamin C soluable in an oil based paint. You really irk me you crud faced idiot. You and your better homes and garden paint company - when I know the truth about you - you are just another lowballing slimebucket who adds $5 per head on top of payroll. You are no better than the rest of the idiots on these forums - why would I share with the likes of you as how to remove A.F.??!?!?!?!? Now you know how to make oil paint not yellow - I hope it makes you want to go and jerk off.

So what' payroll burden for you Scott? 35% of gross revenue? Did it ever occur to you that a $15/hr work costs your company $20 when you add in all the payroll taxes and comp? So if you do the calculation - you have to charge a $57+ man-hour - based on a $hitty salary of $15. You pay your professionals that little, Scott? For your better homes and garden work?

And there you are on those other forums saying how you can't get work if you charge that much. So that just tells me - you are like the other idiots that hire 20+ guys cover payroll burden, add in $5/head, and call that a 100k+ salary.....
    This might be my favorite all time Dan the Plainpainter rant of all time on any forum.

Btw, I had no idea my working relationship with BHG was bugging you so much. Its been great for my business. How many guys did you hire between November and March? Did you do any jobs?

Get yourself some people skills and grow a business. Theres more to life than cleaning gutters until you figure out how to make a paint business work. You dont need capital, Dan. The right attitude will take you far.

Scott Burt
    Topcoat Finishes, Inc.

Wow......Honestly all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by deach View Post
    Wow......Honestly all I can say.
    I agree
    Scott Davis
    Confident Roof Cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by John Orr View Post
    I find nothing wrong with a company not disclosing proprietary information. If I had spent years and many hours developing ways to do something that others can't (I have - don't ask!) I wouldn't be too exited about sharing that info - especially in a forum that anyone - customers and competition - have access to. Some will share this type of info in PM's when asked politely, by folks that also contribute.

The amount of information shared on this - and other - bbs is outstanding, but don't ask Coke for their formula and then get upset when they won't share it.

I agree John. Why should someone be expected to just give away knowledge they have had to work hard to gain that gives them a competitive advantage on a public forum? I would really like to know what these guys have discovered but I certainly don't expect them to just post it here. There are plenty of people here who share info and help others but keep some things to themselves. Nothing wrong with that.
    Doug Dahlke
    Square One Enterprises
    Newnan, Georgia
    770-362-6230
    www.4squareone.com

• Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information