Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power

Default Re: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power

John and Doug

I agree that there are alot of matters related to our individual businesses that should not be shared on an open forum. I dont think any of us fully open our business playbook online for the world to see.

The difference here is Dan has a history of being one of the most vocal (in a negative way) and needy forum contributors on the internet. I know alot of guys who have spent alot of time (both online and on the phone) trying to help Dan out of his neverending funk of cynicism and hopelessness. One would think that when Dan has a chance to give back, he might consider it, especially on a non-critical to business success technical matter. Or at least, not choose the condescenscion of walking into a thread and basically saying "I have a solution to this problem, but I am not going to share." Sometimes its better to say nothing at all, much less spiral into yet another classless rant. I really just hope he gets so busy that he has no time for forums anymore. That would be win win.

Scott Burt
    Topcoat Finishes, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by topcoat View Post
    John and Doug

I agree that there are alot of matters related to our individual businesses that should not be shared on an open forum. I dont think any of us fully open our business playbook online for the world to see.

The difference here is Dan has a history of being one of the most vocal (in a negative way) and needy forum contributors on the internet. I know alot of guys who have spent alot of time (both online and on the phone) trying to help Dan out of his neverending funk of cynicism and hopelessness. One would think that when Dan has a chance to give back, he might consider it, especially on a non-critical to business success technical matter. Or at least, not choose the condescenscion of walking into a thread and basically saying "I have a solution to this problem, but I am not going to share." Sometimes its better to say nothing at all, much less spiral into yet another classless rant. I really just hope he gets so busy that he has no time for forums anymore. That would be win win.
    Off topic a bit, but I looked at your site and see you offer venetian finishes. Can you tell me a little in the forum or should we just keep it all to ourselves? Our little secret...muhahahahahahahah. J/K
    Colonial Power Washing and Painting by Sutton specializes in professional Pressure Washing Services and Roof Cleaning in Reading PA
    Make us your go to Pressure Washing company on FACE BOOK today!

Contact us for a free estimate or consultation at:

484-334-1311

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAqua View Post
    Off topic a bit, but I looked at your site and see you offer venetian finishes. Can you tell me a little in the forum or should we just keep it all to ourselves? Our little secret...muhahahahahahahah. J/K

Jimmy

I'll tell you anything I can about it. On the actual application process, I am not the expert in my company. But I would be happy to help. That was my point, information related to the technical sides of our trades doesnt have to be top secret. I could tell everyone on the internet how to do it, but only a small percentage would be able to execute it well. We have a formally trained artist on our crew who does all of our faux. He brought the venetian to us when we hired him. While I should not be the guy to apply it, I know all of the steps and products to the process, because I have to estimate and sell them. How to estimate and sell them may be the part that I wouldnt post.

I think your question was rhetorical, but it does illustrate the point about internet disclosure.

Scott Burt
    Topcoat Finishes, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by topcoat View Post
    Jimmy

I'll tell you anything I can about it. On the actual application process, I am not the expert in my company. But I would be happy to help. That was my point, information related to the technical sides of our trades doesnt have to be top secret. I could tell everyone on the internet how to do it, but only a small percentage would be able to execute it well. We have a formally trained artist on our crew who does all of our faux. He brought the venetian to us when we hired him. While I should not be the guy to apply it, I know all of the steps and products to the process, because I have to estimate and sell them. How to estimate and sell them may be the part that I wouldnt post.

I think your question was rhetorical, but it does illustrate the point about internet disclosure.
    Yeah, I was actually coving both bases. To illustrate and to inquire. I can take the post either in here or in private. Its funny with me about coatings. Although I on one hand would like to move more to the pw/deck resto and all that other service than to paint I will always find myself involved with painting. The good thing is when Winter rolls around I will be very busy while others are not working. Not that it is good my friends and colleagues alike will be out of work. You know what I mean.

Painting is a comfort zone. No matter what I do in painting I am just a natural that can pick it up. Either I will pick it up or break it off as Jim Carey eluded to in liar liar.

I have been interested in this style for several years now. If you could let me know things like pricing/products/promotion in private mail please do so.

Thanks
    Colonial Power Washing and Painting by Sutton specializes in professional Pressure Washing Services and Roof Cleaning in Reading PA

484-334-1311

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAqua View Post
    Yeah, I was actually coving both bases. To illustrate and to inquire. I can take the post either in here or in private. Its funny with me about coatings. Although I on one hand would like to move more to the pw/deck resto and all that other service than to paint I will always find myself involved with painting. The good thing is when Winter rolls around I will be very busy while others are not working. Not that it is good my friends and colleagues alike will be out of work. You know what I mean.

Painting is a comfort zone. No matter what I do in painting I am just a natural that can pick it up. Either I will pick it up or break it off as Jim Carey eluded to in liar liar.

I have been interested in this style for several years now. If you could let me know things like pricing/products/promotion in private mail please do so.

Thanks
    I just sent you a message. Let me know if you have other questions on it.

Scott Burt
    Topcoat Finishes, Inc.

Who knew that a Magic Eraser thread could run afoul?

Dan, let's try not to get into the name calling and bashing stuff. That forces my hand to censor and take actions tht are unneccessary. I'm asking as a friend a colleague for you to stay on point and not make personal attacks. Heated is fine. If you want to be cynical, that's not a forum violation. When you refer to someone as an idiot, or imply that they are an idiot.. that's not cool. Rise above that stuff.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies

Angry Now Boys...

I have to honestly say that I hadn't been reading this thread, but saw it explode today and read the whole thing.

There are a couple of points I'd like to make here.

1. Nobody can or should be compelled to share one iota of information on the boards. If it is in your head, and nowhere else, it is yours.

2. It is rude, in the least, to mention that you have a technique that works, but that you aren't sharing. This is preening, self-seeking behavior best left on the schoolyard where we all learned it. I would respect any poster more if they did this, and then had the actual stones to add, "NYAH NYAH NEE-NYAH NAH!!"

3. Daniel. I have defended you on these boards, and even on the phone. You don't owe me a thing for that. You do, however, owe this board at least enough respect to not come here to publish obscene diatribes against those with whom you disagree. You should be ashamed on a professional level, as well as on a personal level. I am appalled that you would pull a stunt like that.

As I see it, I have the power to edit, delete, or move the following: Your post, this thread, and your account. I don't do that. I am going to ask that you reconsider your words here, and allow you to do as you will with them. When (if?) you edit your post, I will edit this one. Check your PMs.

I believe the topic was Magic Eraser, please continue.
    Scott Millen
    Time is the greatest teacher of all, unfortunately, she kills every one of her students.
    Reach me anytime: (402) 670-4214 or scott@stainlessdeal.com
    LABOR OMNIA VINCIT
    www.stainlessdeal.com

Default Re: Now Boys...

I believe the topic was Magic Eraser, please continue.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Magic eraser will "e-sponge" this whole issue?

Pretty good play on words I think.

484-334-1311

Magic Eraser is something to keep on hand. Great for removing marks on vinyl siding or the vinyl railing that seems to be so popular.

Jeff
    Since 1996
    Raystown Roof Cleaning
    Central, Pa
    (814)644-1396 or 1-800-236-0322
    Roof Cleaning Central Pennsylvania
    T.V Commercial

Quote Originally Posted by 814jeffw View Post
    Magic Eraser is something to keep on hand. Great for removing marks on vinyl siding or the vinyl railing that seems to be so popular.

Jeff
    Thats what my Wife says. I figure since I am a painter and as much as they want to change color in the kids rooms it would be a waste for me. Thats the one draw back of being a coatings GURU lol I can do it with half my brain tied behind my back.

484-334-1311

• Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information