• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Mr. Clean® Magic Eraser® Extra Power

Damaris Sutton

How many of you have tried Mr. Clean® Magic Eraser® Extra Power in the past. I have things that work well when I clean down and spot prime say water stains on interior walls before I paint, but I was wanting to know if any of you have used it in the past for any around the house chores.

also, someone told me you can use it to remove heavy stains on roofs when in a pinch. I know that would not be an optimal situation, but if it were to that point has anyone ever tried it?

Just a late night question. Can't seem to sleep right now.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
A great product - I buy in bulk at Sam's Club. With use, the Magic Eraser "dissolves", so the rougher the surface, the faster it disappears. Totally would not work on an asphalt-shingle roof, and is impractical on just about any rough surface.

Jeff Wible

You asked me in a PM about Artillery Fungus,...Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works to remove these but it's slow. There is another way that I've come up with and it works easy and fast,...not ready to disclose it yet.

As for your question "What is AF",..you can visit my site that is listed in my signature. There are several links to various sources that will explain it for you.

Jeff

You asked me in a PM about Artillery Fungus,...Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works to remove these but it's slow. There is another way that I've come up with and it works easy and fast,...not ready to disclose it yet.

As for your question "What is AF",..you can visit my site that is listed in my signature. There are several links to various sources that will explain it for you.

Jeff
When will you be able to disclose your way cleaning AF.

Ken Fenner

Jeff, if you found a way that doesn't utilize high pressure, excessive heat or manual scrubbing you could sell an e-pamphlet and make a fortune. :worshippy:

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
Jeff, if you found a way that doesn't utilize high pressure, excessive heat or manual scrubbing you could sell an e-pamphlet and make a fortune. :worshippy:

This has been an ongoing question for years. What cleans AF? The whole reason for this board is to help each other out of situations. If you have a product or way of removing these please tell us. There have been many PW contractors who say they can remove AF but to this day they were all wrong and just pulling a fast one. We are all here like a big family, wouldnt you tell a family member how to get rid of these little rascals?

Share with us what you have found out dont hide it.

Jim Vanhandel

Jeff Wible

I am going to do it a full season before saying anything. But it has worked very well so far.

Ken, I have thought about a way to profit from this other than the service end of it. And there is no high pressure. Actually very low pressure. It was really more of a personal goal for me than anything else.

Jeff

plainpainter

I've chosen not to share the technique - only because it's a whole heck of a lot easier to tell folks it won't come off. Because if I tell people how to take off Artillery Fungus - it requires extras steps and chems - and I just know that guys will incorporate back into their normal house washing prices - and there you go, now we have to do more work to do an acceptable job for the same pay. And I am just sick and tired of 'locals' robbing my ideas - perhaps in two years I will share the technique.

Scott Davis

Ok Dan. Its a good thing most guys on these boards dont have your thought process, otherwise there would be alot of newer guys doing things the wrong way and making the industry look bad.

I think it would just be a shame if we were held to the standard of doing a job completely. :rolleyes:

Don M.

I've chosen not to share the technique - only because it's a whole heck of a lot easier to tell folks it won't come off. Because if I tell people how to take off Artillery Fungus - it requires extras steps and chems - and I just know that guys will incorporate back into their normal house washing prices - and there you go, now we have to do more work to do an acceptable job for the same pay. And I am just sick and tired of 'locals' robbing my ideas - perhaps in two years I will share the technique.

How many fricking times have people tried to help you Dan? How many times have guys tried to help you get your website doing better, etc. And then there is a great RT close to you and you use some crap excuse that you cant make it. Whatever man...

Your the one on here robbing ideas. And in two years you'll be out of business still living at home.

Back to the ignore list you go...

plainpainter

I've helped alot of people with alot of things - Don - it's hardly been a one way street. And it's my choice whether or not I attend these RT's - it's a free country, I have every right not to go to them. I've shared more ideas with certain individuals in private - To say I have been 'robbing' ideas on these boards would be a tad presumptive on your part - there hasn't been very much good knowledge on these boards for a very long time to rob from.

Hope your are doing well, Don, been doing tons of estimates lately myself. Have a couple of jobs lined up - with the money will be able to get my steering column fixed and stay on top of my bills. And took the machine out of winter storage yesterday, flushed all the glycol - and all systems are go - ready to make money!

Damaris Sutton

If I knew something about a subject I would share. You all have gotten to know me ask the question man probably, but thats what someone who wants to discover the truth does.

Ken, Matt, Barry, Jim in NJ, Thad and many others know I always have questions, but even though they are a lot larger than average outfits they still answer the questions that would seem a little elementary. It would be as if someone asked me a painting question. To me it would be...cute because thats all I have done all my life until recently.

I would however share any secrets I k now because I simply think there is no one better than my technique, problem solving skills, coatings choice and quality. Not trying to be ****y, but there it is all laid out. I would not feel like you all were my "Competition" oh no, they will take all my jobs away from me. If I told you guys how to pickle wood the old fashioned way and if you actually could do it better than me just by hearing how I do it then I need to go throw rocks at myself.

Not saying this is the case for hush hush lips about AF, but just how I would feel if someone asked me something.

Jeff Wible

I will be disclosing my method in about a year. AF is a different issue than most problems. The answer wasn't easy, and it's not something that I,... or apparently Dan want to disclose to people who haven't done the research to figure it out. Just to much time and effort into it to just hand it over.

On that note, I've shared lots of info with people over the years on various boards. I'm sure there are guys here that aren't disclosing every trick in their bag.

Jeff

Jeff Wible

I find it unethical to not disclose ideas on a board designed for sharing ideas.

Honestly, why are you trying to stir up trouble by highlighting something from another thread that I was involved with. These things will go on and on,... and I choose to move on. I'm not here for that and I have to catch myself sometimes because I'm guilty of it as well,... I just decide to end my part in it.

I will end this discussion here, as I did on the other thread.

Jeff

topcoat

Contributing Member

Wow, is this technique more advanced than the breakthrough you announced the paint forum (but declined to share) in which you are able to prevent interior oil enamels from yellowing? Man, you sure did spend alot of years focusing on the wrong stuff. Good strategy now though, keep these guys in technician mode trying to catch up with your application prowess while you motor ahead in entrepeneur mode.

Excellent differentiation strategy, Daniel. You have the competitive advantage finally. You mentioned in another post that you are landing jobs. No more lingering in misery on every painting and washing board for you anymore!

Scott Davis

I find it unethical to not disclose ideas on a board designed for sharing ideas.

I am going to come to Jeffs defense. He has said he will share his idea once he knows it works 100% of the time. Which I think is a good thing so that a bunch of people are not out experimenting on customers houses.

Dans comment "only because it's a whole heck of a lot easier to tell folks it won't come off" is what irked me."

I would get into why, but I think it speaks for itself.

Damaris Sutton

Wow, is this technique more advanced than the breakthrough you announced the paint forum (but declined to share) in which you are able to prevent interior oil enamels from yellowing? Man, you sure did spend alot of years focusing on the wrong stuff. Good strategy now though, keep these guys in technician mode trying to catch up with your application prowess while you motor ahead in entrepeneur mode.

Excellent differentiation strategy, Daniel. You have the competitive advantage finally. You mentioned in another post that you are landing jobs. No more lingering in misery on every painting and washing board for you anymore!

The secret to beating the yellowing in oil is to not use the crap. It is outdated. Use Waterborne acrylic. It dries fast, so if you are a slow stroker stay away. It will not yellow and is hard as nails if you prep right. If I remember. The last time I used oil I did so with Duron?

I think something with ammonia makes the oil yellow. Thats the least of its worries. It is harsh to work with especially in a occupied residence or hospital. It also becomes brittle overtime.