• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Mr. Clean® Magic Eraser® Extra Power

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
I've chosen not to share the technique - only because it's a whole heck of a lot easier to tell folks it won't come off. Because if I tell people how to take off Artillery Fungus - it requires extras steps and chems - and I just know that guys will incorporate back into their normal house washing prices - and there you go, now we have to do more work to do an acceptable job for the same pay. And I am just sick and tired of 'locals' robbing my ideas - perhaps in two years I will share the technique.

Can you pm me and share? Im not in your area.

Jim Vanhandel:yes:

deach

[QUOTE 2. It is rude, in the least, to mention that you have a technique that works, but that you aren't sharing. This is preening, self-seeking behavior best left on the schoolyard where we all learned it. I would respect any poster more if they did this, and then had the actual stones to add, "NYAH NYAH NEE-NYAH NAH!!" [/QUOTE]

This is probably the best answer I could have hoped for. I wanted to say something similar (not as eloquently) but was having problems coming up with a way to say it.

I'm not gonna comment on any of the rest, I want to keep this a professional forum and, hopefully it will stay that way.

Mathew Johnson

Dan,

I want to thank you for raising the level of professionalism in the industry and on this BBS and here at the UAMCC. Your post above, I must say, is over the top. Of what, I am not sure. With all due respect Sir, my customers have a chance of stumbling across this BBS and to be quite honest, I really don't wanting them seeing the illustrious post. You have outdone yourself and you should be proud.... Not many people would have the guts or ignorance to post such a comment. Thanks man, for your unique and aggressive demeanor as it has put you into a group that you can now call your own.

I met Scott in Albany at the event. He pulled up in a Mercedes, if he is lowballing, the you should follow his lead. His steering column was intact. When you get a chance, man up and apologize, then edit your post. I am so looking forward to meeting you at the next Northeast Seminar.

Dude, take this crap elsewhere. Thanks

Carlos Gonzales

Is 8:00 o'clock my time and I am just being made aware of this. Profanity and name calling is not acceptable here. Dan is taking a time out for a few weeks!!

You are correct Scott - pretty soon I won't be visiting these boards for very much longer.

As to the oil paint not yellowing - again, why solve an issue that would force oneself out of multiple repaints? But here is a clue, if you have a friend that cooks - and that friend cuts up and skins a bunch of apples - what would that person put on the apples to prevent them from not browning from the air?

BTW - mentioning I can clean artillery fungus is not a competitive edge for me. I don't even bring it up, Scott. I will however tell them that it can't come off - and as far as I am concerned, nobody knows how to take it off. What I have found out Scott - before I came to my discovery - when I was on the premises and described how it wouldnt come off - most folks seemed to be offended - or would outright tell me that it would! So I would pleasantly shake their hands and tell them to have a nice day - and that I could not accept a job under their requirements that I knew I couldn't achieve. It happend the other day - homeowner had 3 year old splashed on oil based deck stain on adjacent vinyl siding. They said the other company could clean it off - and I told them it wouldn't come off. I've stripped decks with full strength HD-80 and slopped it on to adjacent vinyl - and in each case it didn't make a dent into stain slopped onto the vinyl - perhaps lightened it.

Back to the removing artillery fungus - I can get in the groove and wash 3+ homes a day by myself. If I have to add the process of removing artillergy fungus - I don't know if I couldn't even complete the second house wash in that day. Why tell everyone how to remove something - that I know with absolute certainty guys are now going tell homeowners it will come off - and will do so at their cheapo pricing. If I knew guys would charge triple their normal house wash rate to clean this stuff off - sure I would tell guys - but I know that ain't gonna happen.

BTW - the magic ingredient for making oil based paints not yellow is thus, ready Scott?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So what' payroll burden for you Scott? 35% of gross revenue? Did it ever occur to you that a $15/hr work costs your company $20 when you add in all the payroll taxes and comp? So if you do the calculation - you have to charge a $57+ man-hour - based on a $hitty salary of $15. You pay your professionals that little, Scott? For your better homes and garden work?

And there you are on those other forums saying how you can't get work if you charge that much. So that just tells me - you are like the other idiots that hire 20+ guys cover payroll burden, add in $5/head, and call that a 100k+ salary.....

Damaris Sutton

Is 8:00 o'clock my time and I am just being made aware of this. Profanity and name calling is not acceptable here. Dan is taking a time out for a few weeks!!

Like I said before. Its all over Artillery Fungus and Magic Eraser. Apparently this is like Chlorine and Dawn 2xultra antibacterial.

The way I see it I will not beg a person to let me in on their secret process. If they want to tell thats fine. If not thats fine and I will function on somehow. I also know that even though you have the tool if you do not have the technique it will not work.

It reminds me of the Boomstick from Army of Darkness. He knew what it was and how to use it. The people who he used it on had no clue and if they did have it in their grasp they would most likely hurt themselves anyhow.

Since I have not made my living killing AF I suppose I will make out alright.

How many of you guys in here who only PW know how to cut in a laser straight line color against color? I do. I know how to perform it. I can tell you how through prop tool and technique, but in all actuality you may have a easier time using that HD paint pad thingermabobber.

Scott Davis

Dan,

I want to thank you for raising the level of professionalism in the industry and on this BBS and here at the UAMCC. Your post above, I must say, is over the top. Of what, I am not sure. With all due respect Sir, my customers have a chance of stumbling across this BBS and to be quite honest, I really don't wanting them seeing the illustrious post. You have outdone yourself and you should be proud.... Not many people would have the guts or ignorance to post such a comment. Thanks man, for your unique and aggressive demeanor as it has put you into a group that you can now call your own.

I met Scott in Albany at the event. He pulled up in a Mercedes, if he is lowballing, the you should follow his lead. His steering column was intact. When you get a chance, man up and apologize, then edit your post. I am so looking forward to meeting you at the next Northeast Seminar.

Dude, take this crap elsewhere. Thanks

Well now maybe Scott B. is the one who's being selfish here. :yes:

If he is driving a Mercedes and Dan is not, then Scott needs to share the wealth a little!!!:got-hooligan:Hahahahaha

Last edited:

Marc Cournoyer

soooo... whats the secret formula for shotgun fungas ??? the chemists need to figure this one out quick , so we can all get out of this recession :worshippy:

Damaris Sutton

I am working with a chemist who I am friends with. If I was not friends I could not afford his advice :>) I have given him several problems to work on and he is making good progress. It is all in mathematical and chemical names as of now, so I could not make heads or tails with trying to understand it. When I say chemical terms I do not mean like SH. I mean deep compositions.

I am of the thinking that there is nothing that can not be removed. He also is working on a chemical that can remove gum without hot water.

When I find out something I will be taking checks made payable to Colonial Power Washing And Painting. J/k

cmturner

This has nothing to do with Artiliary fungus but instead it has to do with the Magic Eraser.

If you get a home with some silicone left over on the windows from new construction, then just bust out the little sponge and go to town. Makes silicone removal much easier.:biggrin:

Last edited: