• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Wash Water Runoff Mangement in Charlotte

Carlos Gonzales

Good posts Jeff and I thank you for taking the extra step in explaining some things.

The idea that myself or anyone on the Transition Team sought out Charlotte is just anothe lie that seems to have made its rounds today along with other fabricated tales. It is interesting to say the least however it does not sway the UAMCC's purpose for being there. We will continue to work with the City of Charlotte, the contractors and finish what we were asked to do.

We encourage all contractors to be involved in this. We hold no malice or resentment to anyone. It is my hope that others can sustain a level of professionalism in which they can contribute to productive dialogue which benefits the contractor....pretty simple stuff you would think!

I do ask all to sustain a very high level of professionalism. This forum nor any other forum is the place to address or fuel speculation. My phone is always on and has been for the last 14 months. Now is the time to discuss this if you choose to do so. I look forward to your call!

Ken Fenner

Good for the UAMCC. Jeff, thanks for setting the record straight and giving an explanation about what is going on.

Maybe I am wrong here, but it seems like the people that are spreading rumours and telling half truths ought to stop doing it. How does it benefit the industry? I don't understand why it is being done? Is it to promote their own agenda and inflated self importantance? Is it to recruit a following of pressure washing worshipers? Is it to put cash in their pocket? Is it "D" - all of the above. It seems like the common denominator of doing this is to promote self worth to the industry and instill fear into others.

I suspect the person or people spreading rumours will likely be in for a big surprise. How does the punch line go "their 15 minutes of fame" is about over.

Good for the UAMCC in taking this forward, it is good for us to have a National Org in our corner to address these issues in Charlotte and across the country as this becomes a larger issue for all of us to deal with.

Great post, Mathew.

Jeff LeCours

hahaha Carlos a redneck ? Never ! I spoke with him on the phone and needed a dictionary to translate, we use dictionaries here but we use them for door stops.

Seriously Carlos is cool. Just not redneck material.

Ya he definitly isnt redneck material.

Yours truly,
The Damn Yankee lol lol . Do I say my R's right. I paRk my caR in havaRd yaRd LOL LOL

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Hey Ron...explain what you mean here dude.

Robert will write a BMP thats responsible, because we have talked about it and he knows I'm a strong advicate of this.

He has admited that due to my teachings he has realized that this does not have to be done in the manner of the past.

Ask him if you want...............I have been fighting for this and understand it longer than most here have been in business.

I only wish the Uamcc had a contractor like Russ Spence or Scott Stone on board that Understands the CWA. ( Russ knows the real Deal)

This could very well effect residential deck and house washers in the Carolinas if mis-represented. ( its a very serious job and I hope you prevail responsibly)

Good Luck Gonzo,

Jeff LeCours

Diversion and natural evaporation covers most residential I would say and is going to be pushed that way and also quite of bit of commercial too.

I have listened to Ron on this for at least a couple years

Roger Gothorp

It is imperative that we ALL become united on issues that affect our industry. We in the Carolinas are welcoming the UAMCC, Robert Hinderliter to our fair state. What comes from this is only going to improve our profession.

The in-industry bickering and snipes need to stop.

Jeff LeCours

I feel, I know contractors are united. When someone gets a call to help it should be thought as of help. The UAMCC was asked to help in Charlotte, can you imagine if we did nothing?

Sure would hate to rinse the pollen off my house and then have some city official tell me I'm getting a fine because I didnt have a 20K reclaim unit.

The city of Charlotte will listen to a united front and has invited the dialogue, COOL

I love PWing

Roger Gothorp

I just want to thank Carlos for the lengthy phone call this afternoon. Much was cleared and accomplished IMO.

More details are in the upcoming PWNC newsletter (which a large ISP outage is delaying the sending of).

I anticipate a hugely successful meeting in Charlotte and am looking very forward to our meeting in Atlanta Carlos.

Celeste

Carlos Gonzales

I just want to thank Carlos for the lengthy phone call this afternoon. Much was cleared and accomplished IMO.

More details are in the upcoming PWNC newsletter (which a large ISP outage is delaying the sending of).

I anticipate a hugely successful meeting in Charlotte and am looking very forward to our meeting in Atlanta Carlos.

Celeste

I agree Celeste...good conversation and again way overdue. The rumors and B.S. that being put out there is irrelevant IMO.

Atlanta will be positive and productive. So will Charlotte!

Good catching up Celeste! See you next week!

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
The UAMCC was invited to be a voice for the contractor community. Robert H advised Charlotte to have a period for comment and invite contractors to this. (This is the reason for the posts and invite) We have had some luck in explaining that tighter restrictions will only lead to non-compliance. There is headway being made to get these BMP's to a level that isn't quite taxing on a contractor. I agree with Ron M that there should be a push for the buck to stop being passed on to us and keep it at the Building and development level. However, there are still the properties that are not sitting on drywells that the issue of run-off is still a threat to storm water. The Contractors need to voice thier concerns. The UAMCC is a voice for CONTRACTORS and needs to be present and help unite that voice. The biggest problem we as an industry face is that there is no unity within the industry. Some folks want no restrictions some folks want heavy restriction. Some folks want to say nothing and allow others to do all the talking. I personally want to be there to voice concerns as opposed to say an org like CETA in there pushing equipment or Carwash Association pushing for tighter regs. Wouldn't you all rather an ORG for CONTRACTORS be present?

We were invited and there has been lots of communication between Charlotte and UAMCC. We have helped them understand the issues we will face with thight regs and they are open to suggestions and are willing to listen.

Thanks Mike K

Carlos Gonzales

The Charlotte presentation that is posted unfortunately is currently being reviewed by the city of Charlotte. I would suggest holding off any reviews until the city is able to make their suggestions and/or comments. I spoke with the city prior to getting on the plane and they mentioned the length of the Power Point presentation is a bit much in their view for a first meeting.

Being that Robert has limited time on the agenda I would tend to agree that the depth of the content may create more questions than answers.

Lets stand down on offering suggestions or advise. I suspect the content will be condensed. Any feed back and/or questions can be directed to environmental@uamcc.org once the city is offered the necessary time to make suggestions or recommendations on the presentation.