• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Wash Water Runoff Mangement in Charlotte

Carlos Gonzales

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Storm Water Services and The United Association of Mobile Contract Cleaners invite you to attend an informational seminar on wash water runoff management.

Sponsored by Charlotte Mecklenburg Storm Water Services and The United Association of Mobile Contract Cleaners

When:

April 30th

Where:

Hal Marshall Services Center
700 North Tryon St

Charlotte, NC 28202

Space is limited, registration required.

Seminar Details
Thursday, April 30th
Registration 8:00 - 8:30 am
Seminar 8:30 am - Noon
Coffee & refreshments provided

This seminar will be attended by Robert Hindeliter, UAMCC Environmental Consultant.

Also in attendance from the UAMCC will be Rob H., Michael K. & Carlos G.

For ordinance questions contact Craig Miller cmmiller@ci.charlotte.nc.us

To register contact Erin Oliverio erin.oliverio@mecklenburgcountync.gov

To view flier

To view agenda

Jeff LeCours

Great you are going to be there Celeste. There's going to be a lot of Carolina contractors there. I will be there too, I was talking to another couple contractors today about going. Charlotte is inviting many Carolina Contractors, that’s why it was announced and they are taking registration.

Charlotte was given the PWNC orgs name as an org in the Carolinas by the UAMCC

JL Pressure Washing was contacted by another national org to participate. I declined but said I would be there

Look forward to seeing you there

Carlos Gonzales

That would be correct.

Jeff was contacted by another organization in which they were not aware of his involvement with the UAMCC. Jeff was asked to attend and he will definately be there.

I also want to make very clear that the UAMCC did tell the city of Charlotte that the PWNC is locally based as a local organization.

Jeff LeCours

something is not sitting right with me about this whole thing!!!

Thats why its put out to the BB's so contractors can participate, I don't know all the details but I think the city was calling a bunch of local contractors too. If you decide you are going call me, we can cruise together. There's nothing to sit right or wrong brother they contacted the UAMCC and we responded.

When I was called, I think they called a couple others too. Maybe they got my name out of that phone book ad we were talking about a few days ago

Michael Kreisle

Contributing Member
The UAMCC was invited to be a voice for the contractor community. Robert H advised Charlotte to have a period for comment and invite contractors to this. (This is the reason for the posts and invite) We have had some luck in explaining that tighter restrictions will only lead to non-compliance. There is headway being made to get these BMP's to a level that isn't quite taxing on a contractor. I agree with Ron M that there should be a push for the buck to stop being passed on to us and keep it at the Building and development level. However, there are still the properties that are not sitting on drywells that the issue of run-off is still a threat to storm water. The Contractors need to voice thier concerns. The UAMCC is a voice for CONTRACTORS and needs to be present and help unite that voice. The biggest problem we as an industry face is that there is no unity within the industry. Some folks want no restrictions some folks want heavy restriction. Some folks want to say nothing and allow others to do all the talking. I personally want to be there to voice concerns as opposed to say an org like CETA in there pushing equipment or Carwash Association pushing for tighter regs. Wouldn't you all rather an ORG for CONTRACTORS be present?

We were invited and there has been lots of communication between Charlotte and UAMCC. We have helped them understand the issues we will face with thight regs and they are open to suggestions and are willing to listen.

Randall Brooks

Sounds good to me, I'll be there....And your right we need to NOT let some other COMPETING industry set the regs we have to follow most as well as control our own reputation as an industry.

Geez Carlo's can I have some of your frequent flier miles? You do realize you live in Ca don't you? Pretty soon were going to have to decide whether to make you an honorary bona fide Southern Redneck or an east coast yuppi.

Russ Spence

hahaha Carlos a redneck ? Never ! I spoke with him on the phone and needed a dictionary to translate, we use dictionaries here but we use them for door stops.

Seriously Carlos is cool. Just not redneck material.

Carlos Gonzales

Guy Blackmon

I would suggest that any and all contractors in the North & South Carolina area be at this seminar. The info from this meeting will not just affect the contractors in Charlotte, it Will Affect ALL CONTRACTORS IN THE U.S..

As some may know I am a licensed Wastewater Operator in the state of North Carolina, I can tell you that the time is coming that if you're not in compliance with the Rules & Regs. that are about to be set forth, you will be looking at fines of $10,000.00 (min) and/or 1 yr. in jail.

Look Forward To Seeing Everyone There!

Carlos Gonzales

I agree Guy. The UAMCC has been working with the city for several months and there has been some small and big victories already in our discussions with them.

The one mandate that I established with the City was that the City agree to establish a series of meetings/workshops that include contractors from that region. It was important to the UAMCC that the city just doesn't get everyone together for half and day and then send them along their way. We felt and the city agreed with us that the pressure washing industry must be involved with the suggestions/recommendations all the way through this process.

Our recommendations to both the city and county is the full adoption of the FT. Worth BMP's. The city has warmed up to the idea and I am encouraged that we as an industry will have several opportunities to address our concerns.

Mike Cooke

Just wanted to clear the air when I first saw this last night I was somewhat angry. I thing I was more angry that Jeff knew about it and didn't give me a heads up about it. Well after talking to Jeff today I asked him why he didn't tell me!! and he explained why I excepted his reason and definatly understood!!

I will be going!!!!

Thanks to the uamcc and the pwnc for the support!!!:clap:

Guy Blackmon

I would like to clear up my previous post. It was not meant to be a scare type thing. Only that as contractors we need to be informed and make sure our concerns are heard and understood.

I can tell you that in my 10yrs. of working in Wastewater, that by working closely with the Local and State Powers That Be ( Water & Wastewater ) you will find them to be very open and helpful, and they will work with you to find the best solution to what ever problem both of our industries have.

But just as a lot of contractors don't understand Wastewater, the City and State Water and Wastewater Powers don't understand the Pressure Washing Industry. I see this as a great opportunity for our Industry!

Jeff LeCours

I would like to clear up my previous post. It was not meant to be a scare type thing. Only that as contractors we need to be informed and make sure our concerns are heard and understood.

I can tell you that in my 10yrs. of working in Wastewater, that by working closely with the Local and State Powers That Be ( Water & Wastewater ) you will find them to be very open and helpful, and they will work with you to find the best solution to what ever problem both of our industries have.

But just as a lot of contractors don't understand Wastewater, the City and State Water and Wastewater Powers don't understand the Pressure Washing Industry. I see this as a great opportunity for our Industry!

How true they don't know the pressure washing industry. This is going to be a good meeting because there is going to be a lot of contractor involvement

I mentioned in a post that I had a national org call me (JL Pressure Washing) to speak at the Charlotte meeting before the agenda was set. This was shortly after the UAMCC got called from the people in Charlotte, some time ago……..... FYI, let me say one thing here before I go on, there is someone or persons for some reason that is saying the UAMCC went to Charlotte to get this going. This is NOT true, it’s a lie and can be verified by the city, the City of Charlotte contacted the UAMCC, Luckily they (the City of Charlotte) did call a contractors org like the UAMCC, because if not it could of all been driven by those that don’t have the contractors point of view and concerns in mind

Back to the call JL Pressure Washing got. I was contacted by CETA which is a national org for manufactures and distributors. They told me about the Charlotte meeting and said they were going to be there and be a part of the meeting. She said she knows of JL Pressure Washing and have seen us around, she said that the City wanted to have some contractors at the meeting and she asked if I would come and speak at the meeting….I sort of laughed, I told her I was not qualified to speak on the matter, I don’t know all there is to know on the subject. But I did say I would be there and that I was a part of the UAMCC, she was a real nice lady and it was left that I would go to the meeting.

One of the good things about this WORKSHOP and how Carlos of the UAMCC got the city to make this all about contractor involvement, it wasn’t like that at first. The UAMCC got the city to agree on not just ONE WORKSHOP for contractors concerns and dialogue, after several calls he got them to agree and think that it’s a good idea to have other workshops on this subject this year. Not just have a meeting and walk away and make rules & BMP’s. Nothing of this importance to our industry should be done in just a half day seminar. Carlos is working hard for the contractors, the UAMCC is working hard to make sure the contractors voice is heard. The city was very accepting of the UAMCC ideas. IF YOU ALL NOTICE, this is for contractors to ask questions, to help form rules, laws & BMP’s. CETA is no longer involved in this meeting, not that CETA is the bad guy or anything but they sure do have different agenda than the contractor. I am just happy that the City of Charlotte called the UAMCC, it is now why this is ALL ABOUT THE CONTRACTORS and all contractors should join in and help, its about our livelihood

This wasn’t released to the public right away because the agenda, schedule & brochure that the city put together wasn’t ready and it was up to the city to give the OK. This is very important topic, that the government is doing eventually nation wide. What happens here could affect cities and municipalities across the country. There are some good BMP’s out there but there are also some horrible BMP’s out there and the bad ones were probably put together with very little contractor input or thought. Like many have posted its coming sooner or later, we aren’t going looking for this but nationally it will be here sooner or later and when they come calling I hope they call the UAMCC a national org, an org dedicated to the contractors interests.

Before or after the meeting, anytime, if you all have questions for the UAMCC about this, we will be glad to listen and answer any questions.

I look forward to seeing everyone April 30th

Mathew Johnson

How true they don't know the pressure washing industry. This is going to be a good meeting because there is going to be a lot of contractor involvement

I mentioned in a post that I had a national org call me (JL Pressure Washing) to speak at the Charlotte meeting before the agenda was set. This was shortly after the UAMCC got called from the people in Charlotte, some time ago……..... FYI, let me say one thing here before I go on, there is someone or persons for some reason that is saying the UAMCC went to Charlotte to get this going. This is NOT true, it’s a lie and can be verified by the city, the City of Charlotte contacted the UAMCC, contractors have told me of the rumors it’s just not the case. Luckily they (the City of Charlotte) did call a contractors org like the UAMCC, because if not it could of all been driven by those that don’t have the contractors point of view and concerns in mind

Good for the UAMCC. Jeff, thanks for setting the record straight and giving an explanation about what is going on.

Maybe I am wrong here, but it seems like the people that are spreading rumours and telling half truths ought to stop doing it. How does it benefit the industry? I don't understand why it is being done? Is it to promote their own agenda and inflated self importantance? Is it to recruit a following of pressure washing worshipers? Is it to put cash in their pocket? Is it "D" - all of the above. It seems like the common denominator of doing this is to promote self worth to the industry and instill fear into others.

I suspect the person or people spreading rumours will likely be in for a big surprise. How does the punch line go "their 15 minutes of fame" is about over.

Good for the UAMCC in taking this forward, it is good for us to have a National Org in our corner to address these issues in Charlotte and across the country as this becomes a larger issue for all of us to deal with.