• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

6 story bid

Florin Nutu

I am going to look and measure this 6 story apt building and then submit a bid the day after. It has brick, stucko, fake stucko, vinyl siding and painted wood. The sides and the back of the building has great lift access because it surrounded by parking lot. The front which is in the pic is on the street. There is a sidewalk though. Gonna make sure to measure that to make sure a lift will fit.

Do any of you pros have suggestions or areas I should look at when visiting the place? Any forseeable problem areas? Would I need a permit to close a sidewalk during cleaning?

Attachments

• manor.jpg
    manor.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 35

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
I am going to look and measure this 6 story apt building and then submit a bid the day after. It has brick, stucko, fake stucko, vinyl siding and painted wood. The sides and the back of the building has great lift access because it surrounded by parking lot. The front which is in the pic is on the street. There is a sidewalk though. Gonna make sure to measure that to make sure a lift will fit.

Do any of you pros have suggestions or areas I should look at when visiting the place? Any forseeable problem areas? Would I need a permit to close a sidewalk during cleaning?

I would never give advice on this type of work, if I did i would want ground Photos.

Seems you can practically go as high as you want if you have the right stuff on the ground.

Florin Nutu

I would never give advice on this type of work, if I did i would want ground Photos.

Seems you can practically go as high as you want if you have the right stuff on the ground.

Yes sir. I am planning on bidding in all apropriate lifts. My one concern is having a big lift fit on the front sidewalk and if I am allowed to block the sidewalk. What do you guys do with cars and people below with chems and water cascding down six stories on top of them.

Randall Brooks

Moving cars and blocking the sidewalk isn't an issue. Either they allow it or their building stays dirty. It's not an option and don't give them one. Come in the night before and string barriers up so no one parks there in the morning. :got-hooligan: Put signs up on your barriers. Something like "watch for falling bricks." LOL

Ken Fenner

Florin,

Buildings of that height have logistic issues. Besides overall technique, dealing with multiple tenants, libility insurance requirements, dealing with overspray, allowing for inclement weather overruns on rental equipment and chemical overspray, workmen's comp changes dramatically on a building that height. Have you thought about bringing in a company with experience in this type of cleaning? Even if you give them the lion's share, the resume building value and experience might be worth it.

Damaris Sutton

Get your % and oversee the project in a way you are the face around the project in the eyes of the ones who hire you. I can paint anything and have the right technique, but if a company called me to bid a high rise exterior to paint. I would take it. Find a PDCA friend to go bid it with me. Lay it all out and take my cut. Make sure you have a contract if you use someone that will give you rights to the pictures and such to use it as a marketing tool. A lot of times big outfits do so much work they could care less about logistics as long as they can maintain their payroll, WC and overhead along with a little something for all the higher ups.

Geoff Adams

all I can say is that I have a few hotels that are three stories with several peaks at four stories--that's pretty insignificant actually--but what I do I try to hit them around 9ish in the morning, usually everyone is out at work and cars in the parking lot are minimal. the only ones that usually are still there are guys who most likely work late, and they sleep right through.

The hotels are warned a few days in advance, windows closed or I will not clean that section, and they will have a dirty spot where I skipped that section. It usually doesn't get to that point they get the idea pretty fast.

As for run off, people just have to deal with it. Of course I get people occasionally that complain that their car got wet, (Ummm, its water?!?!!) sometimes they complain about the chems, I just tell them its just soap like when they wash their car, and that I will rinse it off, they're usually alright with that. If they want more it'll cost em lol.

Isaac Baghdanov

I did an apartment complex earlier this year, and all the tenants were super crabby. One guy started whining, I mean like a two year old, because my lift was blocking his parking lot.