Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
What are you doing to make money today? - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to make money today?

Default Re: What are you doing to make money today?

John, slow down buddy. It takes time. Alot of time. I have been in business 2 years. Matt for 6. Jeff for like 40 or something. The business will come, but only if you go and get it. Even then, it will take time. Dont get desperate. When you get desperate you start discounting heavily, and you SOUND desperate and wont close as much work.

When I sold cars, the guys who sold the most cars, were the ones who didnt need to sell cars.

Customers can sense desperation, and they want confidence.

It is a fine line im walking with these apartments. I want these apartments sooo bad, but dont want to let them know how bad. Dont get me wrong, I am asking them for the work. I plan on asking for all of their complexes tomorrow, but I am trying to do it w/ confidence by convincing them that we are the best thing for them, and that while we want them, we dont need them to survive.

See ya in 18 days
    Scott Davis
    Confident Roof Cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D. View Post
    John, slow down buddy. It takes time. Alot of time. I have been in business 2 years. Matt for 6. Jeff for like 40 or something. The business will come, but only if you go and get it. Even then, it will take time. Dont get desperate. When you get desperate you start discounting heavily, and you SOUND desperate and wont close as much work.

When I sold cars, the guys who sold the most cars, were the ones who didnt need to sell cars.

Customers can sense desperation, and they want confidence.

It is a fine line im walking with these apartments. I want these apartments sooo bad, but dont want to let them know how bad. Dont get me wrong, I am asking them for the work. I plan on asking for all of their complexes tomorrow, but I am trying to do it w/ confidence by convincing them that we are the best thing for them, and that while we want them, we dont need them to survive.

See ya in 18 days
    I fully understand.. When im talking with a potential client I sound like I have plenty of other accounts as well.. Sales is not the problem I am having its just getting the phone to ring.. Once they are on the line.. I will sell them, I promise you that.

I know I need to patient and i will,

some days are better than others that's all.

Call me sometime Scott. and did you check on those places I mentioned earlier?

John
    Aqua Clean Pressure Washing

Houston Pressure Washing Houston Roof Cleaning

713-825-8895

John Aljaz

I had a PM call last week for a bid and when I dropped it off another PM in the office said "ooo, ooo power wash guy, I NEED to talk to you, DONT GO AWAY!" That led to one more bid. As I dropped off the second bid I asked if she had anything else for me to look at and sure enough she did, that bid will get phoned in today...

Now all I need is for all the bids to be accepted and find a reliable helper.
    JC Power Wash & Soft Wash LLC
    Jim Chesmore
    609-412-3033
    www.JCSoftWash.com

Just found out our biggest competition underbid us by a SUBSTANTIAL amount on these apartments. Now I have to decide if it is worth taking it at the lower price out of spite for the other company. I will still make out pretty good at the lower price, but it makes me sick thinking about it.

what to do, what to do......
    Scott Davis
    Confident Roof Cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by PressureWashE View Post
    Im glad everyone seems to be doing well.

Just keep doing what you're doing. We just got over 300 houses for annual coil cleaning yesterday from a property manager that recieved a fax by accident from us in January. (Residential property manager - we didn't mean to send them a fax because we don't do residential work, so it got removed from the recurrent fax list.) We took on the work because it doesn't require any interaction with the renters, just pull in, do the work and get out.

You just have to plug at it everyday and use the day hours for meeting people and the night hours for faxing and working on website type stuff.

You're doing the right thing by getting out there. Now, wait a couple of weeks and go back to the same places. It does work. Most guys don't want to do that. By doing it you set yourself apart as one who really wants the business and is willing to do anything to get it.
    Sonitx
    702-358-7477

Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

Quote Originally Posted by tonyshelton View Post
    Just keep doing what you're doing. We just got over 300 houses for annual coil cleaning yesterday from a property manager that recieved a fax by accident from us in January. (Residential property manager - we didn't mean to send them a fax because we don't do residential work, so it got removed from the recurrent fax list.) We took on the work because it doesn't require any interaction with the renters, just pull in, do the work and get out.

You just have to plug at it everyday and use the day hours for meeting people and the night hours for faxing and working on website type stuff.

You're doing the right thing by getting out there. Now, wait a couple of weeks and go back to the same places. It does work. Most guys don't want to do that. By doing it you set yourself apart as one who really wants the business and is willing to do anything to get it.

Than you Tony, I will continue to Push and push.. I know thease things take time, I just need to keep at it.

John
    Aqua Clean Pressure Washing

Houston Pressure Washing Houston Roof Cleaning

713-825-8895

John Aljaz

Jim JC, I got that fax for the 60 decks. Thank you.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies

Scott, your response is typical of a single mailer. Try breaking down your list into smaller chunks and doing multiple mailings. Your ROI will jump.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing

Ken, our plan is to send out to the same houses 3 times. So a total of 12k flyers broken up into the mailings.
    Scott Davis
    Confident Roof Cleaning

Cool, that should give you a decent return. one other trick I have found is to start a campaign with an intro letter and magnet before you send out postcards.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing

• Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information