• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

What are you doing to make money today?

Scott Davis

They say that a plan is worthless unless you write it down. They also say that if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

I want to know every morning what your plan is to drive traffic, get leads, and ultimately make more money? I talk to guys all the time who say they arent getting business. when I ask them what they are doing to drive calls and sales, I get "Well I post on craigslist everyday, and pass out flyers sometimes.

You have to have an active, thought out plan every single day designed to get more leads. Winging it everyday wont cut it. Once you write it down, it forces you to stick to it, otherwise you're lying to yourself, and by putting it on here you would be lying to everyone else too, if you dont stick to it.

So today, EXACTLY what will you be doing to make more money? Waiting for the phone to ring? Posting some ads on craigslist? Knocking on doors? Calling, writing and faxing?

I will be:

1. Emailing 10 PM's like I do almost everyday.
2. Celeste has sent out 4000 postcards in the past couple of days and will send out another 1000 more today.
3. Proximity marketing will be done after this mornings job to include knocking on doors and posting flyers.
4. I am going to design and order promo material for PM's and realtors.
5. I am calling realtors that have used us recently to say hello, and ask for more business.

Theres my list for the day. Whats yours?

deach

I've been working on what I hope "soon" will be my new website. I sent out emails to all the Realtors I've dealt with and hope to deal with about the importance of "curb appeal"... I just can't get them to understand if a customer is turned off when they first drive up, the rest is a moot point. Scheduled three washing esimates for tomorrow, one a repeat customer.

Jim Chesmore

good thread but my day is over so I will start out with thursdays plan

-Actually today is not over, I need to confirm tomorrows jobs
-tomorrow, pass out proximity DH's for the jobs I did today
-after that I have a demo and two roofs

Terry Miller

Scott,
Great question. I started out by mailing out Thank you Gift certificates to a few customers. Doing a couple estimates. Meeting with a local photographer for a refinish of his studio. Lunch with a C of C tip club. Couple more estimates. Took some Picked up some Stainless coupleings and checked on repairing a hose. Washed trucks. Calle a couple customers and now relaxing. Nice day. It is a good thread to get going here. Makes us think of what we actually are doing day to day. Thank you.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
The same things we do everyday,

1. mail
2. fax (automatic) its set up to run daily.
3. un-solicited proposals
4. call people
5. promote specials
6. handle inbound calls that want service requests.

DJ Carroll

Today I :

5:00 am woke up and went for a morning jog as i try to do every day

6:30 check boards post word of the day, check/answer e mail, check bank account (I do this every day)

7:00 ate breakfast while printing out invoices for the day.

7:30 call suppliers to make sure stuff i need for the day is in stock

8:15 get things ready to roll

8:00 out the door to make money

11:30 Lunch and

12:00 back to work

5:00 finished work ($832 day!)

6:00 meet with customer

tonight i will go work out, put prospective customer envelopes in the mail along with thank you letters. I will order 20k fliers to be sent out every two weeks over the next next two months

Business is great, Tomorrow i have school BLAH but mowing in the after noon and a concrete cleaning account in the morning before school . .. We are booked into the first week of may right now . . . So i'm just gonna keep doing what im doin .. . :clap:

DJ Carroll

also each week I print out my MS Outlook calendar for that week. I keep a pile on my desk of estimates still out and jobs completed . . along with a $2,700 deposit slip ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 49

John Doherty

Returning phone calls, working on my mid-April mailer, and how my trade show booth will be laid out. I also slept all day until about 2pm :sleepey:.

Today is the first day I've had off in a while. I have a fear of things going south, so I am working a full time job too.

Last week me and one of my guys did 160 apt units in 10 huge buildings in 4 days. The place is 1.75 hrs away, then I also worked the 'job' each night 5pm to 2am and picked my guy up @ 6am to do it again.

Worked the job Saturday and did a large resi house, roof, and walkway Sunday.

Tomorrow we are back at the Apts to do 4 roofs, and then to work again at 5pm. The job Fri, Sat, and Easter, 12 estimates for Mon and another large resi house and roof Tues. and work the job 3-11 each day.

I'm tired! :saai:

Florin Nutu

My day today:

Got my fiance and kid out the door.

Got on the UAMCC forum for my morning dose

Got my truck and trailer ready to head out

Had a pow-wow with my two guys on what we are doing today

Got to our first job in Seattle, a tile courtyard and deck cleaning

Passed 10 neighbors on each side a dollar card and biz card

Posted ads on CL and backpage

Went to second job in Issaqua, all the concrete, dumpster areas, pool deck and catwalks at a condo complex.

Sent my guys home at 5

Went to a job in Redmond, driveway and sidewalk clean, 5 blocks from my house. Booked the neighbor as well and passed out dollar card and biz cards to neighbors

Got home and logged on to UAMCC

Responded to job lead from UAMCC:clap:

Gonna do my homework on a 17 building condo complex bid I am doing tommorrow

Gonna write out a plan for tommorrows marketing

PressureWashE

Wake up at 0630

Check emails and rig,

out the door at 0800

hit up 20-30 resturants and business

lunch at 1200

check emails on phone respond to questions

pass out 200 door hangers at1400

post craigs list adds at 1600

Check emails again at 1900

Work on SEO for my site 1900-0100

Start again... Man Im not getting the results I planned on, But im going to keep chugging

John

Florin Nutu

Wake up at 0630

Check emails and rig,

out the door at 0800

hit up 20-30 resturants and business

lunch at 1200

check emails on phone respond to questions

pass out 200 door hangers at1400

post craigs list adds at 1600

Check emails again at 1900

Work on SEO for my site 1900-0100

Start again... Man Im not getting the results I planned on, But im going to keep chugging

John

Instead of at 1600 to post ads... try doing it earlier. Most of my calls from CL comes from whenever I post around noon-1400

Eric Flynn

This is a great thread Scott!

We are working until Friday and then its the GEORGIA RT! :clap:
Get back- work all week and then 7 days off....

Big stuff ahead. Our main focus is Property Managers:

1. Finish goody bags for PMs and deliver them ( We are going with a "Green" theme...they are so cool!)
2. Call back PM company that owns 4 HEB shopping centers in the area....Push CWA compliance!
3. Follow up with outstanding commercial bids.
4. Complete informational packets for PMs.
5. Send out thank you/referral program letters to jobs we completed last week
6. Call back sales rep with paper were are thinking of advertising with.
7. Develop fax that we will send to PMs.
8. Take pictures of new rig and finally post them!! LOL....

~Jen

Eric Flynn

You cant post the pictures until after May 9th!! You have to unveil it there. :biggrin:

Oh yeah..thats right...I forgot! LOL....
Hey Eric is going to request to be put on days that week so he can have that weekend off. Hopefully it will work out and he can be there.
I will be there after work :)saai:) around 7pm. Im sure everyone will still be alive and kickin'...ahaha

~Jen

Scott Davis

Oh yeah..thats right...I forgot! LOL....
Hey Eric is going to request to be put on days that week so he can have that weekend off. Hopefully it will work out and he can be there.
I will be there after work :)saai:) around 7pm. Im sure everyone will still be alive and kickin'...ahaha

~Jen

Alive...yes....Kickin....:pukey: probably not....lol

Eric Flynn

hahahahaha.....

:seeya: Hello nice to meet you...

:cheers2: Lets have a few...

:roflmao: Everyone is having a great time!.....

:cheers2:

By the time Jen arrives......

:pukey::pukey::pukey::pukey::pukey::pukey::pukey:

Jeff LeCours

Tuesday 4/14. I was driving down the road at 7am with the crew behind me for about a 1/2 hour ride. I was calling 3 different managers and leaving messages on their voice mail, 2 call were to try to confirm dates on jobs coming up, one was a thank you call all to PM's. Each voice mail I said at the end what I often say.......
"If you have any other projects you would like us to look at we would be glad to. We would like all your work"

Got to the job had a couple contractors call for advise

8:30am at the job had to interview a possible manager/saleman I am looking for. Showed him the work we do and spoke for a while. I hope to hire one in the next month or so to help manage and bring in more work. Liked the guy today he's a possible

Went to a PM's office right down the street from the job and asked to see the top dog (real nice manger) hadnt talked to her in about a month, went in to schedule to clean her house for her and talk about projects and anything new. Confirmed a job with her and had to go look at another small complex for her, it was worth going in saying hello and setting up her free house wash. Same management office went into another managers office to get some keys to fire panel rooms so we could uncover fire panels of job we are working. Talked to that PM for a while about upcoming projects left in 2009 ( I do all his properties) he asked me to go look at some pool house and a pool deck

Back to job, to give keys to my guys. Had some rust stains coming from under shutters, called PM and made him aware of the rust. I knew they had painted the shutters over the winter and he had told me that stainless steel screws were to be used to reattach shutters. He came down to look at new rust stains and thanked me for pointing out the stains. Told him we would clean up the stains. Got to make managers aware of things on property...he thanked me.

Driving back down the road and calling PM's from earlier and confirmed a date. Got a call from a PM to look at 8 buildings and asked if there was anything else...YUP picked up another pool deck & fence

Back at the home office doing some proposals and invoices, feilding another call about work and giving advise to another contractor in NJ

Wife off early from work took a little nap with her and off to look at a job on a commercail property

Called a PM to confirm a the number of buildiongs we have to do next week. PM says he just finsihed reading MY ARTICLE thats in a PM publications, he said it was a really good article COOL !!!!!!!!!! Ya the article goes to like 600 PM and HOA volunteers TOTALLY COOL

went to pick up my daughter from day care and got a call from a national firm that services a national chain. talked to him for a while, I didnt want the job but gave him the name of two contractors, One a UAMCC contractor and one a future UAMCC member. Talked to the rep and got him to agree about talking with me and Carlos on possibly having UAMCC members helping them service accounts across america...COOL, hopefully Totally COOL

Home, dinner, family time, hanging out, drawing with my son and playing dolls with my daughter

On the BB's and faxed over 100 faxes to PM companies and emailed about 18 PM's going to bed in a few minutes Yup its 1:13am Wed

Get back up at 5:30 and do it again.

I love PWing
I love PM's
Go UAMCC

Scott Davis

Tuesday 4/14. I was driving down the road at 7am with the crew behind me for about a 1/2 hour ride. I was calling 3 different managers and leaving messages on their voice mail, 2 call were to try to confirm dates on jobs coming up, one was a thank you call all to PM's. Each voice mail I said at the end what I often say.......
"If you have any other projects you would like us to look at we would be glad to. We would like all your work"

8:30am at the job had to interview a possible manager/saleman I am looking for. Showed him the work we do and spoke for a while. I hope to hire one in the next month or so to help manage and bring in more work. Liked the guy today he's a possible

Went to a PM's office right down the street from the job and asked to see the top dog (real nice manger) hadnt talked to her in about a month, went in to schedule to clean her house for her and talk about projects and anything new. Confirmed a job with her and had to go look at another small complex for her, it was worth going in saying hello and setting up her free house wash. Same management office went into another managers office to get some keys to fire panel rooms so we could uncover fire panels of job we are working. Talked to that PM for a while about upcoming projects left in 2009 ( I do all his properties) he asked me to go look at some pool house and a pool deck

Back to job, to give keys to my guys. Had some rust stains coming from under shutters, called PM and made him aware of the rust. I knew they had painted the shutters over the winter and he had told me that stainless steel screws were to be used to reattach shutters. He came down to look at new rust stains and thanked me for pointing out the stains. Told him we would clean up the stains. Got to make managers aware of things on property...he thanked me.

Driving back down the road and calling PM's from earlier and confirmed a date. Got a call from a PM to look at 8 buildings and asked if there was anything else...YUP picked up another pool deck & fence

Back at the home office doing some proposals and invoices, feilding another call about work and giving advise to another contractor in NJ

Wife off early from work took a little nap with her and off to look at a job on a commercail property

Called a PM to confirm a the number of buildiongs we have to do next week. PM says he just finsihed reading MY ARTICLE thats in a PM publications, he said it was a really good article COOL !!!!!!!!!! Ya the article goes to like 600 PM and HOA volunteers TOTALLY COOL

went to pick up my daughter from day care and got a call from a national firm that services a national chain. talked to him for a while, I didnt want the job but gave him the name of two contractors, One a UAMCC contractor and one a future UAMCC member. Talked to the rep and got him to agree about talking with me and Carlos on possibly having UAMCC members helping them service accounts across america...COOL, hopefully Totally COOL

Home, dinner, family time, hanging out, drawing with my son and playing dolls with my daughter

On the BB's and faxed over 100 faxes to PM companies and emailed about 18 PM's going to bed in a few minutes Yup its 1:13am Wed

I love PWing
I love PM's
Go UAMCC

:Smiley-2031:

Eric Flynn

I love PWing
I love PM's
Go UAMCC

:respect:

All hail the Condo King.....