• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Best solution

Damaris Sutton

I have this concrete around a pool. Homeowner applied Quikrete semi transparent interior/exterior stain. then followed up with Quikrete Wet Look SG Urethane finish clear.

Both of these are showing great wear as they were applied two years ago. The owner wants them up. Any suggestions besides to burn it?

Nice huh?

The Final One

Jeff Wible

The stain could be into the surface fairly deep. 100% removal could be tough, so don't make any promises. Is the pool water a concern, that seems to be the biggest pain. Also what is he doing with it next, resurfacing or letting it just the way it is. My first thought is hydroxide at 8 oz. per gallon applied straight. Next thought is a bead blaster,...maybe even just hot water.
I'm sure you'll get few suggestions,...I usually run really fast from these jobs, Ha, Ha!!

Jeff

Damaris Sutton

The stain could be into the surface fairly deep. 100% removal could be tough, so don't make any promises. Is the pool water a concern, that seems to be the biggest pain. Also what is he doing with it next, resurfacing or letting it just the way it is. My first thought is hydroxide at 8 oz. per gallon applied straight. Next thought is a bead blaster,...maybe even just hot water.
I'm sure you'll get few suggestions,...I usually run really fast from these jobs, Ha, Ha!!

Jeff

I know what you mean. This guy is a architect/general contractor, so if he is not using his guys... You get what I am saying. Anyhow, they have drains that lead off the pool right where the washing would occur. He wants to re-apply another dye type stain like from Smiths Color Floor and re seal.

Damaris Sutton

I called a contractor friend of mine from Florida and have the problem solved. I presented it to the owner and landed the job, so it all worked out fine.

Now back to the weather...Hurry up and wait :rolleyes: