• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Low Oil ~ On/Off

Carlos Gonzales

I always wondered what it was in the pressure washer machine that causes the automatic shut off when the oil gets too low.

What causes it to shut off? Anybody?

Last edited:

Damaris Sutton

I always wondered what it was in the pressure washing that causes the automatic shut off when the oil gets too low.

Anybody?

Oil in a pressure washer? What will they think of next? :cpatch:

My friend is a diesel mech. He has been working on engines since he was three. His Dad was in Nascar back in the olden days. He has a pro team now in the Kart Racing scene.If anyone may know it is him.

Chlorine my Guess?

Russ Johnson

UAMCC Associate Member
Most single cylinder engines use a float switch to ground the ignition if the oil gets too low. Twins and Generac singles use an oil pressure switch.

Pat Norman

My Honda GX670 24hp cutoff before it even got below "safe" level. I thought was out of gas at first but it didn't even sputter. Just off like a light. Good feature!

ECS MARK

Low oil shut down is a great safety feature.
(It has saved many engines from disaster!)

However it is not intended to be a failsafe substitute for checking your oil.*

Here is a link to the manual for a GX670 Honda, note the maintenance schedule on page 6.
http://www.honda-engines.com/engines_owners_manuals/ownersmanuals/00X37Z6C6030.pdf

How often do you change your engine oil? I am confident Russ can attest that many operators
do not change oil often enough.

(We had a customer who burnt up an engine a few years ago who argued with Honda that it
should be warranty because the low oil shut down did not shut engine off...
Honda denied warranty stating that he was negligent..)
We were able to work out a compromise between him and Honda, :)
The moral of the story is check your oil! :)

Russ Johnson

UAMCC Associate Member
How often do you change your engine oil? I am confident Russ can attest that many operators do not change oil often enough.

I have offered to change break in oil after 20 hours for free on a new machine purchase...all they've got to do is bring it in. I see them a year later with the original filter on them...:rolleyes:

Carlos Gonzales

I have offered to change break in oil after 20 hours for free on a new machine purchase...all they've got to do is bring it in. I see them a year later with the original filter on them...:rolleyes:

No way....don't say that Russ! I am not as mechanically inclined as some but that is one thing that I do is to make sure regular maintenance is done.

Russ or Mark....ummm...the check engine light won't go off on the GMC Sierra and I was wondering....ahhh...never mind!! :biggrin: