• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Birds Nests with Eggs?

Carlos Gonzales

This actually applies to the residential forum also but what do you all do when you come across a nest with eggs in them? If your customers are like mine...they want them gone. What do you do?

Florin Nutu

I cook them alongside bacon, hashbrowns and toast:biggrin:

I usually knock on the door and ask if they want it gone and make sure it is not the kids pet or something. And if they do want it gone I do it as humanely as possible at least while I am in sight.

Scott Davis

We came across a nest w/ little baby birds in the gutter, so we took a plastic bag (so we didnt touch them with our hands), and set them to the side. When were were done we flushed the gutters and placed the birds back in the gutter.

The customer knew they were there and had forgot to tell us, and was blown away that we took the time to protect them.

Guy Blackmon

We always ask the customer what they want to do about a nest. If they want it gone, my son will put it in a bush or tree somewhere. We have washed houses where tree frogs will jump out when house wash gets on them, and my son Cody will grab the frog run to the trailer and wash them off and put them in the woods. Cody's 19 yrs. old.

Carlos Gonzales

Wow...you guys are saints.

I actually nailed a pigeon with a 0 degree tip once. Felt like **** afterwards but I was in a rush and wanted to just "move him along". Unfortunately I must have "winged" him. :saai:

Rob Huffman

I thought thats what hot water was for?

Just kidding...I think most customers are very appreciative when any of us take the time to "protect" nature or its habitats. Cant say we have ran into any of these situations but I have had huge rats pass me by on commercial jobs...the thought always crosses my mind on what a gum tip will do...but who will clean it up follows that quickly...:headshakesmile-fast

Jeff Wible

I always move them, place them under a five gallon bucket and then put them back. Now bee's and their nests are a different scenario, never tried gently moving a bees nest.

Jeff

Brian Schrecengost

Contributing Member
Turn the end of the M5 Xjet straight to ) degree, and blow. But you can always tell if you are at a treehuggers house, surrounded by way too many flowers. I would ask if I thought it was a problem.

Eric Flynn

Wow...you guys are saints.

I actually nailed a pigeon with a 0 degree tip once. Felt like **** afterwards but I was in a rush and wanted to just "move him along". Unfortunately I must have "winged" him. :saai:

Dang Los! LOL!!

We will always save a nest. I cant help it. Its the animal lover in me! Sometime we run across empty nests that are old and abandoned. Those we clean up but if its got eggs or babies in it or if it looks like a fresh nest...no way! It stays!

~Jen

Carlos Gonzales

I know...I know...my only excuse was this was when I was a young buck on the rig...kid at heart I guess. :saai:

Dang...now I feel bad...I have dreams now about the pigeon coming back for revenge!:cool:

Dang Los! LOL!!

We will always save a nest. I cant help it. Its the animal lover in me! Sometime we run across empty nests that are old and abandoned. Those we clean up but if its got eggs or babies in it or if it looks like a fresh nest...no way! It stays!

~Jen

Eric Flynn

I know...I know...my only excuse was this was when I was a young buck on the rig...kid at heart I guess. :saai:

Dang...now I feel bad...I have dreams now about the pigeon coming back for revenge!:cool:

Ahahahaa!
That bird is going to forever haunt you in your dreams. Aahahaha!

~Jen

ccpressureclean

funny I came upon this thread. Today I was washing a house and there was a small bird nest with eggs in it on top of a group of tiki torches leaned up against the house. I moved them against a tree, cleaned the area, and then put them back. I went back to check on the nest about 30 minutes later and momma bird was back in the nest.
I always go out of my way to help animals that I come across while working. I even catch the lizards, toads, and tree frogs after I coat them with house wash mix and give them a quick rinse, and a toss away from the work area.

Damaris Sutton

Check your car or equipment. You might already have one of its offsprings receipts :biggrin:

PAID IN FULL!

Scott Stone

Federal Law, Migratory Bird act. You can't do anything to disturb nesting birds. Huge fines, etc. They don't care if you move them or not. They are all do not touch.

Carlos Gonzales

Federal Law, Migratory Bird act. You can't do anything to disturb nesting birds. Huge fines, etc. They don't care if you move them or not. They are all do not touch.

You would be correct Scott.

We receive calls for barn swallows that make their "mud nest" on the side of stucco. People wanted us to get rid of them...No Can Do.

One apartment complex literally had one side of the building caked with these nest.....couldn't do anything about it.

Hope you had a great trip!

You would be correct Scott.

We receive calls for barn swallows that make their "mud nest" on the side of stucco. People wanted us to get rid of them...No Can Do.

One apartment complex literally had one side of the building caked with these nest.....couldn't do anything about it.

Hope you had a great trip!
Carlos what if the owner drives the bird way can you then remove the nest or do you still have to keep the nest there.

John Doherty

Sean had a bird fly into his head today! No kidding he was rinsing down the side of a house and the thing just flew full speed into the side of his head!

I guess it hurt a wing or worse because it was on the ground sqwaking up a storm!

Carlos Gonzales

Carlos what if the owner drives the bird way can you then remove the nest or do you still have to keep the nest there.

For the barn swallows you must leave the nest in take....the only way to get rid of them is by pressure washing because the nest are made of mud/clay and are attached vertically on stucco.

I am going to take a stab at this...no pun intended...BUT I think on other nest...IF there is no eggs in the nest you can move it...not destroy it. Don't quote me on this though!