• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

THIS is real pressure washing!

Jeff LeCours

Hey man I did one of those when I was in the union, we sandblasted and painted the inside and out. No lifts like that, we rigged it from that bottom ring up to the top an we would move it when we were done with a section. I forget the name of the rig, it was some funky work. I never minded doing any tank type work, but that golf ball type tank was a PITA and crazy. I have pictures buried somewhere

Crazy crazy work

Tony Szabo

Its me boys!
Been in business for 18 years and been doing tanks for about 14 years now.
I'm in atlanta now with the Sunbrite Round Table this weekend and I will be a UAMCC member this weekend.

""Carlos had me at Hello'''

deach

I saw a guy doing that last year in Collinsville. He was hanging from the cables/ropes they had rigged up in a bosun's's mate. On a lift no problem but that guy hanging had me wondering about the ropes and stuff. Took them two days, saw no chemicals of any kind, and a hot water washer on the ground.....(was right in the middle of town). I know that guy worked from daylight to dusk on it. Was neat to watch.

Damaris Sutton

I saw a guy doing that last year in Collinsville. He was hanging from the cables/ropes they had rigged up in a bosun's's mate. On a lift no problem but that guy hanging had me wondering about the ropes and stuff. Took them two days, saw no chemicals of any kind, and a hot water washer on the ground.....(was right in the middle of town). I know that guy worked from daylight to dusk on it. Was neat to watch.

Thats how my Grandpa used to paint the water towers and such. They were wood back in the 30's. He would do the rope thing and swing around. Smallest man always goes the highest, so when you fall you leave the smallest Wile E Coyote smoke plume. :biggrin:

Also, the higher you went the more you got paid when he worked by the hour. Then he discovered to start his company and charge out the buttox for the same work.

deach

Honestly they still do some of the painting on towers around here like that. I've done some aluminum towers in my time and although I still climb to do some ham radio stuff, I haven't painted one up in years. Wire brush on the way up, paint on the way down (used a painting mitt)...Ahh the good old days.

Damaris Sutton

Honestly they still do some of the painting on towers around here like that. I've done some aluminum towers in my time and although I still climb to do some ham radio stuff, I haven't painted one up in years. Wire brush on the way up, paint on the way down (used a painting mitt)...Ahh the good old days.

I made one mistake with a tower a while back. I was painting the exterior of a Christian radio station my friend owns and he just had the tower painted. I explained to my Mom who was friends of the guy also how it was performed. They used an electrostatic in combination with having to climb it. When I pointed to the tower my finger touched it and howdy boy. Saturday night in Waco Texas. It was 5,000 crystal clear watts going through me. Incase you do not know. It was RF power which means instead of shocking you it burns you instead. My finger was black, my heart was kick started and off to the races. I will NEVER forget that.

Bryan Otten

If I get a call to bid on one I would do it. NO problem. It would be a nice view
from up there.:Smiley-2153::Smiley-2153::Smiley-2153::Smiley-2153:

Trevor Steel

I would love to get into this type of work. Do you need bigger hoses and or more machine to do this type of work at these heights? How high is it typically?
very cool!:yes: