• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

A question about attaching plastic to cedar siding

Don M.

Hey all,

I just landed a 2000+sq ft deck restortation. The kicker is the house is cedar siding. My question is what is the best kind of tape or way to attach so heavy mill plastic to cedar. Its a 2 tier deck. So the bottom deck and the wall is going to get a lot of stripper product on it.

My inital gut tells me to prewet the heck out of the wall, then cover it. I just dont want to take a chance on the plastic falling off while I am above it on the top deck.

Thanks

Don

Mike Schoeben

Don,
We like to use poly tarps with small spring clamps. They are heavy enough to keep chems off areas you need to protect, and the clamps dont poke holes in them. The tough part is figuring where to clamp them. On the underside of decks, we'll attach to the floor joists, right up next to the house. We use these on vinyl homes as well to cover windows and frames, and it eliminates any spotting on the glass or aluminum.

The nice thing about the tarps is, when your done washing just rinse them off and fold them up for reuse.

If you must use plastic, just fold it over on itself a couple of times at the point of attachment, then staple. That gives the staple some meat to hold on to.