• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Environmental Phone Calls!!!

Carlos Gonzales

I am posting this per the request of Robert Hindeliter, the UAMCC's Environmental Consultant. We are asking all interested parties to call and speak or leave messages to the members of CETA. We are encouraging CETA to adopt the model ordinance on the EPA Website...which is the Ft. Worth Guidelines.

Even if no one picks up, please leave a message saying that we as contractors encourage them to adopt the Model Ordinance.

Here is Roberts Message below. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Carlos

I now need help with CETA adopting the Model Ordinance that is up on the EPA’s Website for Cosmetic Cleaning, http://www.epa.gov/nps/ordinance/documents/FortWorthSW.pdf. CETA basically has two economic revenue streams to choose from:

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3">Reasonable, Rational, and Logical. This entails to adopting the Model Ordinance up on the EPA’s website and supporting the UAMCC and PWNA positions.
  • Heavy Enforcement and compliance interpretation of the CWA which creates revenue driven sales of environmental equipment for CETA member companies.
The Executive Board of CETA is now deciding which of these avenues CETA will endorse, or maybe choose something in between.

It is to the Contract Cleaners advantage for Option No. 1 to happen. I need the PWNA BOD and the UAMCC Transition Team to call the CETA Executive Board and discuss with them why it is to their advantage to have the BMPs to be rational, reasonable, and logical in order to assure a larger customer base. If the ordinances are based on Option No. 2, then CETA will have a smaller market base of a few elite customers. Also, it will be harder for individuals to comply because of the expense.

Both options result in the same pollutants in the storm drains. It is up to each municipality to choose which option they are going to take. I believe it is better to have Option No. 1 where you have the opportunity for more companies and individuals to be compliance at less expense. This is especially true since the net results of pollutants in the storm drains is almost the same.

The CETA Executive Board is:

President
Gregg Brodsky
Alkota Cleaning Systems Inc.
110 Iowa Street
Alcester, SD 57001
509-990-2919
Fax: 509-924-7679
gbrodsky@alkota.com

SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT
John R. Purswell
Alklean Industries Inc.
2111 Catalina Drive
Pasadena, TX 77503
281-479-5966
Fax: 281-479-3890
johnpsr@alklean.com

VICE PRESIDENT
Aaron Auger
Mi-T-M Corporation
PO Box 50
Peosta, IA 52068
563-556-7484 Ext. 216
Fax: 563-556-1235
aauger@mitm.com

SECRETARY / TREASURER
Mike Turner
Etowah Chemical Sales & Service
PO Box 4416
Gadsden, AL 35904-0416
256-547-7527
Fax: 256-547-7555
mturner@etowahchemicals.com

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBER AT Large
William Sommers
Pressure Systems Inc.
1646 East Jefferson Street
Phoenix, AZ 85034-2422
602-253-9579
Fax: 602-253-6248
bill@psi-mistair.com

Please call each member, I need your help. Their decision will largely be influenced by your response.
Respectfully,