• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Inside Photos of New Handbuilt Mega Rig. The Roof Clean USA "T-REX"

RoofClean David

For those who have asked me to share pictures of our newest hand built contract cleaner "T-Rex MEGA RIG"!

Enough arm twisting already......Here ya go!

Here are pictures of our most recent trailer build. I have been hesitant to post every detail as it took 4 months of head scratching and many late nights and 20 years of "hit and miss" to get closer to putting together, Roof Clean USA's version of the "ultimate" multi-use contract cleaner setup. Just to weld up this "big rig" and put this rig together was a heavy duty engineering feat.

Honestly, I was going to play close to the vest on this new rig, but, after much thought, I have decided, if it can help a new guy or seasoned pro get his (or her) rig dialed in, well then, "what the heck", its all about giving back what we learn over the years because you "can't TAKE IT WITH YOU, right?"

LOL, although some sure do try to take it along for that final ride, don't they!.LOL

Anyway, We call it The Roof Clean USA "T-Rex" Trailer. This mega trailer is 25 ft. long and has a 350 gallon supply tank, a single 100 gallon fiberglass roof cleaning chemical tank, (two) 65 gallon chemical and treatment tanks.

As for the business end of things we have (1) Hydrotek Hot Water Pressure Cleaner 4GPM@4Kpsi up front for flat work, etc., one cold water 4gpm@4Kpsi pressure cleaner as a backup, and in the back we have mounted (2) 10.5 GPM @ 580 psi cold water diaphragm rinse pumps for roofs and house washes, and (1) 10.5 GPM UDOR Chemical Diaphragm pump split into (2) hose reels for 5.25gpm for quick cleaning agent application. We also have DUAL large 400 ft. 3/4" Capacity water supply hose reels so we can get water to the supply tank from a very long distance. Every pump has rinse and chemical features using a multi-manifold system I developed and implemented.

The trailer has capacity for up to 2,400 feet of hose available on the 8 hose reels (we have 7 reels on currently) .The rack has plenty of signage space plus has a door in the side to allow access to the back of the trailer. On the door I mounted DUAL safety cone holders (holds up to 20 large sized orange cones). Inside the rear access door area is where we can maintain pumps, motors, ball valves and the 8 high flow strainer/filters for all incoming water and supply side chemical tanks.

We also have the capacity for up to six 40 foot ladders to be mounted (we don't need that many now but there are times when it would be nice to setup ladders on a commercial hospital roof cleaning or government structure where we don't don't need to move a single ladder once we setup.

BTW, we have a DUAL 12v Diaphragm pump system we custom made that we will be adding as a redundant backup for the UDOR Zeta Series Cleaning Agent pump in case of failure.

We also carry a ton of spare parts for almost every situation we can theoretically come up with so we never have to go back to the shop for fixes or go shop (argghh!) for parts at the worst possible times, like when we are in the middle of a job and its crunch time.

Well, there you have it. I have shared some of our "secrets" of over 2 decades in and around this industry.

I do hope my letting some of my trailer pics "out of wraps to the public" helps someone who is struggling with trailer assembly.

As an aside, LOL ( I find nowadays, that just about EVERYTHING has been done by someone, at some time before (me) in history) so as I said before (I hope it HELPS someone out there and saves somebody a "head scratching" bald spot).

Have a terrific day All!

P.S. Here is the the link to my Roof Clean USA Google Picasa Web Album with many pics.

http://picasaweb.google.com/roofcleanusa/RoofCleanUSAResidentialRoofCleaningThomasvilleGeorgiaAndTallahasseeFlorida?authkey=_OYp5Dfo13U#

Last edited:

Chris Tucker

Good idea to back up the Udor !!
NO roof cleaning pump is "forever"
I once bought a pre built perst control flatbed with a fiberglass chemical tank.
It lasted about a year, then the internal baffles got dissolved by the Apple Sauce :D
The tank never leaked, just was minus baffles, and a 500 gallon tank with no baffles is FUN every time you stop :D
Nice job on the trailer btw !!
ALL of this is one big learning experience anyway.
I look back a pics of my previous roof cleaning trucks, and see how we have progressed.

RoofClean David

That is big.

Good idea to back up the Udor !!
NO roof cleaning pump is "forever"
I once bought a pre built perst control flatbed with a fiberglass chemical tank.
It lasted about a year, then the internal baffles got dissolved by the Apple Sauce :D
The tank never leaked, just was minus baffles, and a 500 gallon tank with no baffles is FUN every time you stop :D
Nice job on the trailer btw !!
ALL of this is one big learning experience anyway.
I look back a pics of my previous roof cleaning trucks, and see how we have progressed.

very nice rig , you should be proud

Thanks for the thumbs up and kind comments. Yes, this is the biggest rig I have built to date .

I have built 16 different complete trailer rigs and several pickup/flatbed combo rigs over the years.

This one is the biggest and baddest and its not done yet.

We have really tried to really THINK this one thru and has all of the best innovations that I can come up with from years of inspiration but not a large enough platform to develop the concepts on, until now. Ideally, it would be nice to have a reclaimation system onboard also but maybe on the next one.

The T-Rex 2. LOL

We are going to EVENTUALLY put a 12gpm @3000psi dual pump/dual man set up on the front and do away with the current (2) 4@4000 hot water/ cold water PW's we have on the front.

The new unit will be built by EnviroSpec. It will then be the rig we were envisioning when we built it.

Right now though, it definitely can do most any job or task related to roof cleaning and pressure washing.

Our other truck will be a flatbed and will be diesel and will be setup to haul this beast around plus be independent of this rig and be similar to the terrific rig that TAS or Tim Aselton has built on the ISUZU NPR platform.

We at Roof Clean USA are always looking to improve and grow by listening to the industry, other contractors and our customers.

Douglas Hicks

So you just pull that down the middle of the street and do all the roofs at the same time? One pass service!

I can believe it took 20 years of thinking to get your set-up just right. How many sketches did you do before you finallized your design?

Eric Flynn

Nice rig.

Sorry I'm just now posting....I saw it a few days ago but I passed out in the office because of its sheer greatness and I just now came to.....LOL!!!

Eric :biggrin:

Rance Tilley

Contributing Member
Wish I could've seen those pics. Always looking for good idea's to improve the trailer rig! Oh well, wish in one hand and s#&t in the other see which one fills up first.