• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Deck stain question

makdeco

Ok so we have a deck coming up that we are going to strip with HD 80, it has failing solid color on it. In the past I have used Sikkens SRD as my translucent type of finish for deck floors. I was told by my dealer in here in IL that it is reformulated to there "next wave" technology now.

So are there better option for me?

I know a few years back I had corresponded with Ken F about this and he recommend wood tux as Sikkens was all ready the RE formula out by him.

Thanks for the HD80 suggestions as well Ken...

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ken Fenner

Mak, you're welcome. Since we last conversed on the topic I have abandoned Wood Tux for many reasons I will not get into here. I am running with Armstrong Clark stain this year. Its a rocking product from a great company. Get to one of our round tables and chances are you will meet Jake Clark, one of the owners. Outstanding customer service. I have a couple of decks I did last year that look I stained them last week.

Ken Fenner

Yep, HD-80 is good for solids.

Armstrong Clark stains are distributed by www.theprosealerstore.com in the midwest. They are UAMCC supplier members and another very good outfit to buy from. they carry the HD-80 and a downstreamable stripper that is very good.

makdeco

Yep, HD-80 is good for solids.

Armstrong Clark stains are distributed by www.theprosealerstore.com in the midwest. They are UAMCC supplier members and another very good outfit to buy from. they carry the HD-80 and a downstreamable stripper that is very good.

That is where I get my HD 80 now.

at prosealerstore for Armstrong it says

We cannot ship Armstrong Stain to MI, OH, IN, IL, WI. Visit www.armclark.com for more info.

Have ot order it from the "The Stain Shop" out of MI.

What are your thoughts on TWP-100? that is something I can get around here now.