• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Surface Cleaner questions

SVPWLLC

Ok guys. I am in the market for a surface cleaner and need input. I am looking at the Landa 20" w/ onboard lance. I rented one just like it and it worked great. The problem is it is $1800! I've looked at Mosmatic, Siver Eagle, HydroTek and others and they seem to be less money. Ideas? Btw, I am using 5 gpm @ 3500 psi with heat. :confused:

Tim Fields

Ok guys. I am in the market for a surface cleaner and need input. I am looking at the Landa 20" w/ onboard lance. I rented one just like it and it worked great. The problem is it is $1800! I've looked at Mosmatic, Siver Eagle, HydroTek and others and they seem to be less money. Ideas? Btw, I am using 5 gpm @ 3500 psi with heat. :confused:

The Landa enjoys a pretty devout following, but they do seem to be a bit expensive.
The classic http://www.pressuretek.com/classic.html from Pressure Tek works for me. Five gpm should push it pretty good. Bob from Pressure Tek ships fast and gives good service if you are looking for a supplier.

Last edited:

Rob Huffman

I have 2 of the Sidewinders (Hydramotion). I love them. You can beat them to death and they are light enough of of my guys lifted it to do a wall...

Chris Tharpe

I have 3 big guys, and one 24" steel eagle. I will never own another steel eagle just because of how its made. I don't have the dublin swivel on it however i still dont see it being any better with it. The spray bar is very tiny and seems like it could be very restrictive with 5gpm much less 8gpm. the steel eagle is very heavy and not as maneuverable as the classic will be for you.

I would recommend the Classic or ground force all day over the others

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
I have had several Landas and loved them - until I borrowed a Big Guy because (again) the WaterJet had broken a spray bar. IMHO, the Landa is too fragile for me. My Big Guys go for years with no problems, just the occasional tip change.

SVPWLLC

Well....what a flippin hairball! I have been researching surface cleaners and it's amazing the HUGE price difference for the same units! Weird, I don't get it. I have found out that Landa & Hotsy are owned by the same company now and the Landa Waterjet that goes for $1800 looks amazingly similar to the Hotsy Cyclone that I can get for about $600. Anyway, still doing some research before I pull the trigger. Will let ya know the outcome...

Chemical Doctor

I owned and used a 24" Steel Eagle for 12 years and was quite fond of it. I felt that it was more durable than the rest. It paid for it's self on the very first job I did with it.

Russ Spence

I am personally fond of the Big Guys, we have several of them and the rotary unions are holding up real well and we use ours many many hours a week

Gene Fivel

Well....what a flippin hairball! I have been researching surface cleaners and it's amazing the HUGE price difference for the same units! Weird, I don't get it. I have found out that Landa & Hotsy are owned by the same company now and the Landa Waterjet that goes for $1800 looks amazingly similar to the Hotsy Cyclone that I can get for about $600. Anyway, still doing some research before I pull the trigger. Will let ya know the outcome...

THE CYCLONE is JUNK

SVPWLLC

Hey Guys. Thanks so much for the input! I think the Big Guy will be the unit I buy. I have used and really like the Landa WaterJet, but my local dealer wants $1800 for it!!!! I don't think so...the Big Guy it is!

Daniel Hulbert

Shane: If you want I can check on Landa Water Jet for you I'm sure I can get it for less then that anyways give me a call and I will check for you. I have one and I love it. Would like for it to be a little bigger but it works great and I like the fact that I can raise our lower the bar. dh

Chris Chappell

Hey Guys. Thanks so much for the input! I think the Big Guy will be the unit I buy. I have used and really like the Landa WaterJet, but my local dealer wants $1800 for it!!!! I don't think so...the Big Guy it is!

If you have not purchased the big guy yet, I would hold off and get a size better for your machine, bigger is not always better. This debate has been going on and on and on. Yes the big guy will work but you will not clean as fast or be as maneuverable as the Classic.

I have been there and done that. I started out with the 30" Steel Eagle then traded it in for the 24" and it cleaned faster overall. I also use the Classic 19" because it cleans faster and is more maneuverable than the 24".

People can argue all day long about size and speed but doing accounts over and over and when you are doing the same job at the same duration between cleanings and you are finishing a lot faster by using a different machine that tells you something. Finishing even faster with another different machine tells you something else.

Fit your surface cleaner to the pressure washer, not the other way around.

A good rule of thumb is about 4" of surface cleaner to ever 1 gallon per minute. You are running 5gpm so a good size would be the 20" but I would not go higher than the 24".

Something that some Whisper Wash dealers do not know is that they can put the big tires from the big guy onto the smaller 24" machine, they call it the "Little Big Guy" for only $50.00 more which is a good deal and makes that machine better.

Good luck.