View Poll Results: Should pressure washing companies be licensed??

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    21 65.63%
  • No

    11 34.38%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 120

Thread: Should pressure washing companies be licensed

  1. #101

    Default Re: Should pressure washing companies be licensed

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyshelton View Post
    As highlighted in red above. Which of those highlighted "annoying rules" has been the golden key to removing hacks and protecting homeowners? WC? UI? FICA? Osha? CWA? My point it licensing is just another rule to be broken.

    Look how much sense the rules make now.

    I use temp labor. I've used the same guys for years. Their WC is paid by the staffing company, Yet I have to pay $1000.00 per year to for WC even though I and the other board members have exempted themselves. There is NO LIABILITY on the part of the insurance company but I still have to pay $1000 per year because the Government requires it. The insurance company tells me they understand but it is out of their hands. Stupid.

    What about UI, and Fica? Who cares. I sleep well because I play by the rules. I've been audited twice for two three year periods and came out smelling like a rose because I play by the rules. Who cares what some other guy does. Eventually he will probably be audited.

    Osha is the same way, We've been hit once by Osha, not because we were breaking the rules but because the local (ignorant) osha guy didn't understand the law that clearly states as a business owner I am exempt from Osha Regs. Just another example of the Government stepping in with one of their finest only to be sent limping home.

    Now, so you don't get the wrong idea UI, Fica, and Osha are put in place to PROTECT the worker, not the consumer. I'm not "against" them. They are already there. They apply to everyone, and not just one industry.

    I'm for the second part of our paragraph, get rid of the rules. It's just not possible once the government has a hand in it.

    Please sit down and count up how much all of those things including any licensing you might have that a hack does not have and post how much more per hour you REALLY have to charge to make up the difference. It won't be as much as you think.

    Tony, it is the other non-governmental stuff that really gets cut in order to slash prices. First, if a fuy doesn't know that he's supposed to pay WC, UI, FICA etc, then they rarely know how to figure ROI, Understand real definition of profit, know how to figure cost of goods, calculate customer cost acquisition, have a keen idea of what salary to draw etc...... Due to this lack of knowledge, we are seeing bids one fourth to one half of ours regularly. I should not have to even TRY to get close to a unknowledgable persons prices. The largest difference I see when looking at pricing is Salary requirements. (Self Worth in many cases) Even on equal ground as far as insurances and such, a guy willing to live on $30K/year will underbid a guy that needs $110K/yr to live a decent lifestyle and put away for future etc. The uneducated "Business Owner" will think everything is fine for a while meeking by and will eventually go out of business. To this you say "good", but in reality, while meeking by, he stole undeserved $$$ away from those of us that put in the time/effort to learn how to run profitable and long lasting businesses. In the meantime he has given the consumer base a false idea of what or work is worth.
    Michael Kreisle
    First Choice Power Washing LLC
    Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
    BBB Member, UAMCC Member, GLAA Member, LBAR Member
    We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
    awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.



    You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY

  • #102

    Default Re: Should pressure washing companies be licensed

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Bockman View Post
    Your right, this is a National BBS but all this government conspiracy stuff is a waste of time. My question was Should pressure washing companies be licensed? I didn't ask what your latest conspiracy theory is or this endless banter.

    Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we have all heard what Sontix and Rmedbury have to say. Okay, your against it. BUT, let other people have thier own opinion as well, or offer a suggestion or idea instead of tearing apart everything others are saying.
    "The government is irresponsible with our money, devises methods to confiscate our money to perpetuate its growing payroll, and most enforcers of the law or woefully ignorant of the law" -- Somehow that statement of fact has now become a "conspiracy theory".

    If I had said, "**** Cheney started the war in Iraq so he and all his buddies could steal all the mideast oil" you guys would think I was a genius and should run for congress!

    Ok, so now I'm a conspiracy theorist. When losing the argument, go after the character of the opponent. It's classic.

    I haven't put a block on this thread so that only you, Roger, Beth and I can post. Anyone can post on this thread. I welcome anyone to tear apart my logic. If you can do a good enough job of it, I'm not even against changing my mind.

    It's impossible to debate without "tearing apart" what the competition says. Without that logic inserted into debates, arguments would be nothing but -

    Post 1
    "Yes it is" -
    Post 2
    "No it isn't -
    etc, etc.

    You are unable to "tear apart" what Roger and I have been saying, so now you just want us to go away.

    And by the way Henry, My name is Tony (it's my sign on name and its right in the top left corner of each post.) And R. Medbury's name is Roger.

    As long as I'm allowed I'll continue to fight against bringing more government regulations into our lives. Your only recourse is to convince me I'm wrong.
    Sonitx
    702-358-7477





    Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

  • #103

    Default Re: Should pressure washing companies be licensed

    Quote Originally Posted by FCPWLLC View Post
    Tony, it is the other non-governmental stuff that really gets cut in order to slash prices. First, if a fuy doesn't know that he's supposed to pay WC, UI, FICA etc, then they rarely know how to figure ROI, Understand real definition of profit, know how to figure cost of goods, calculate customer cost acquisition, have a keen idea of what salary to draw etc...... Due to this lack of knowledge, we are seeing bids one fourth to one half of ours regularly. I should not have to even TRY to get close to a unknowledgable persons prices. The largest difference I see when looking at pricing is Salary requirements. (Self Worth in many cases) Even on equal ground as far as insurances and such, a guy willing to live on $30K/year will underbid a guy that needs $110K/yr to live a decent lifestyle and put away for future etc. The uneducated "Business Owner" will think everything is fine for a while meeking by and will eventually go out of business. To this you say "good", but in reality, while meeking by, he stole undeserved $$$ away from those of us that put in the time/effort to learn how to run profitable and long lasting businesses. In the meantime he has given the consumer base a false idea of what or work is worth.
    It's up to you to educate your customers and go snatch the customers who have been taken advantage of by low quality Pressure Washers. That is your market. It's your job to sell them. It's not easy, that's why there aren't very many successful business owners.

    What if the other guy with less "self worth" than you have IS the benchmark and you are the one out of line? Why not let the market decide that instead of the government. If your prices are too high for the market to bear, then you have two choices:
    1) Lower your prices and live within your means or
    2) Find a way to do it better, faster, or cheaper so that you can match the market prices and keep your standard of living.

    The problem is you guys are advocating the cheating of the market system by inserting unnatural government rules into the market slanting the favor in your direction without any improvement or other changes on your part. You want the government to step in and deliver your market to you. That is bypassing the laws of supply and demand by limiting the supply through government force.

    As stated before, it's morally wrong.
    Sonitx
    702-358-7477





    Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

  • #104

    Default Re: Should pressure washing companies be licensed

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyshelton View Post
    "The government is irresponsible with our money, devises methods to confiscate our money to perpetuate its growing payroll, and most enforcers of the law or woefully ignorant of the law" -- Somehow that statement of fact has now become a "conspiracy theory".

    If I had said, "**** Cheney started the war in Iraq so he and all his buddies could steal all the mideast oil" you guys would think I was a genius and should run for congress!

    Ok, so now I'm a conspiracy theorist. When losing the argument, go after the character of the opponent. It's classic.

    I haven't put a block on this thread so that only you, Roger, Beth and I can post. Anyone can post on this thread. I welcome anyone to tear apart my logic. If you can do a good enough job of it, I'm not even against changing my mind.

    It's impossible to debate without "tearing apart" what the competition says. Without that logic inserted into debates, arguments would be nothing but -

    Post 1
    "Yes it is" -
    Post 2
    "No it isn't -
    etc, etc.

    You are unable to "tear apart" what Roger and I have been saying, so now you just want us to go away.

    And by the way Henry, My name is Tony (it's my sign on name and its right in the top left corner of each post.) And R. Medbury's name is Roger.

    As long as I'm allowed I'll continue to fight against bringing more government regulations into our lives. Your only recourse is to convince me I'm wrong.

    You need to get out and work more. To much time on these BB's is self destructive.

  • #105

    Default Re: Should pressure washing companies be licensed

    Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we have all heard what Sontix and Rmedbury have to say. Okay, your against it. BUT, let other people have thier own opinion as well, or offer a suggestion or idea instead of tearing apart everything others are saying.
    Interesting..........the only 2 youve singled out are the 2 that are very much against it. Seems you weren't asking everyones opinion, you were only wanting to bolster your ego by having everyone agree with your view. If that is NOT true you would have included people that keep saying they are for it.

  • #106

    Default Re: Should pressure washing companies be licensed

    Quote Originally Posted by JL Pressure View Post
    You need to get out and work more. To much time on these BB's is self destructive.
    You're right Jeff, I do need to get out and work. I forgot about that extra 80 G's I'm going to have to make this year to help pay "my part" for the screwups of the highly regulated, unionized and "licensed" auto manufacturing and banking industries.


    Thank goodness for government oversight.
    Sonitx
    702-358-7477





    Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

  • #107

    Default Re: Should pressure washing companies be licensed

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyshelton View Post
    You're right Jeff, I do need to get out and work. I forgot about that extra 80 G's I'm going to have to make this year to help pay "my part" for the screwups of the highly regulated, unionized and "licensed" auto manufacturing and banking industries.


    Thank goodness for government oversight.
    Go to the light, change has come Tony LOL LOL



    Everyone lets just voice our opinions and have a good debate


    Oh ya and have a nice day

  • #108

    Default Re: Should pressure washing companies be licensed

    Instead of a license, why not a certification? And not just a written test certification but a performance certification. You have to pass both, written to test your knowledge, practical to test your ability. Practicals could be observed by other members. Different certifications for each area; flatwork, buildings, windows, roofs, decks, fleets.........oh yeah.......and KEC. I think this would help "protect" the consumer much more than a license.

  • #109

    Default Re: Should pressure washing companies be licensed

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Bockman View Post
    Hey Carlos, they enforce it now for deck staining and other services we provide like gutter repairs. They look for contractors that should be licensed to ensure that they are. If not, they are contacted and told they need to become licensed. Quite a few publications won't allow you to run an ad for a service unless you have the license. The MHIC does have power and they do use it to make sure consumers are protected and scam contractors are found and dealt with. They also run spot checks and on occasion, scam checks to make sure contractors aren't ripping people off.

    Sometimes they also call a bunch of contractors for bids on doing work, just to check their license, and to make sure they aren't breaking the law or codes..
    If they enforced it well....then we would have fewer headaches. I don't see that enforcement as being as strong as you think.... and MOST publications WILL take your money and look the other way....Clipper sure did, even after numerous complaints by me.

    Beth
    See Dirt Run!TM Inc.
    Log Home Maintenance & Restoration, Decks & House Washing
    Beth Borrego & Rod Rodriguez
    Office: 301-540-1243
    Germantown, MD * MHIC# 86481 * VHIC# 2705-126609 * BBB
    The Grime Scene BBS Forums

  • #110

    Default Re: Should pressure washing companies be licensed

    Quote Originally Posted by RMedbery View Post
    Instead of a license, why not a certification? And not just a written test certification but a performance certification. You have to pass both, written to test your knowledge, practical to test your ability. Practicals could be observed by other members. Different certifications for each area; flatwork, buildings, windows, roofs, decks, fleets.........oh yeah.......and KEC. I think this would help "protect" the consumer much more than a license.
    I think that would help more than anything else. good idea. I know little about KEC, but have seen they have some certifications, how do they work?. I wonder how this could be implimented throughout the industry.

  • Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Single Sign On provided by vBSSO