• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Need ideas/help

Jeff LeCours

I have a townhome complex that has some MAJOR water intrusion problems and I need a method to figure out how to clean it. I will explain

The place was built like crap, its at least 10years old and has been in a lawsuit for some years now. Windows leak and some other water intrusion problems. its for one of my best Management companies and they came to me for help.

I am trying to think of the best and most efficient method to wash this nightmare. They will NOT hold me responsible at all and they have no problem putting that in writing. They need this place cleaned bad. Now I washed it about 2 1/2 years ago with very little problems only 2 units out of 100+ had some minor leaks, but its getting worse over time, they get leaks during heavy rains

The engineers want LOW VOLUME/LOW PRESSURE chem wash

I am really thinking about a water hose with a varying nozzle for prewet & rinse. Now I am trying to think about how to apply house wash mix.

They DO NOT want a pressure washing machine on the property, so it can be documented that no pressure washing equipment was used, thats for the lawsuit.

I have a Bobcat from Pressuretek but thats a 5gpm pump if I remember, it is low pressure 60 psi I think. I have to discribe my method and get it approved and then we do it

These town home buildings are 1 story , 2 story at the back of the buildings. The roofs can be walked easy, but lots of ladder work

So I say garden hose and low volume , low psi chem pump, but what chem pump

Can you all think of another way?

They know the job will be pricey

Thanks in advance

DJ Carroll

man o' man this sounds like a head ache from hell Jeff lol

I would use the bobcat to spray the goods on then rinse with a house but if rain causes water intrusion it leads me to believe its not the force of the water but the sitting off it and that is a problem that can't be fixed. . . .

Unless this is a "have to do job" for what ever reason i think i would pass on it . . .

Jeff LeCours

man o' man this sounds like a head ache from hell Jeff lol

I would use the bobcat to spray the goods on then rinse with a house but if rain causes water intrusion it leads me to believe its not the force of the water but the sitting off it and that is a problem that can't be fixed. . . .

Unless this is a "have to do job" for what ever reason i think i would pass on it . . .

Its a PITA for sure, but the place has to be washed. This is my best PM, so I dont have a problem tackling it, with it in writing

Its a pain but like I said they know they ar paying $$$$$$ for it to get washed

Pat Norman

using the Bobcat should be fine the pressure is so low I can't see how that would be a big problem. Use your pressure washer nozzles and it will further cut the flow down.

Scott Davis

For any building/house washing we use garden hoses for pre wetting, our fatboy for chem application, and a garden hose for rinsing. Only 1 time have we had to start the PW and that was for a bunch of mud dobbers and such on a brick house.

I dont know anything about the bobcat except that it is gas powered, so i dont know how much pressure it produces. But I wouldnt trust anything thats gas powered. Anyone can come back and say, "Well I heard a pressure washer running the whole time! Jeff is lying." Not saying they would, but they could.

Low pressure application w/ water hoses for rinsing is the only way to go on this.

Ken Fenner

Jeff, they really want just low/no pressure right? As far as volume goes, a garden hose is not really low. Some municipal supplies are ten gpm.

Jim Chesmore

The Bobcat should be fine but I think the Fatboy would be your best bet because of the reasons the Scott mentioned.

You could talk to Bob about the Zeta. It has adjustable pressure and volume ranging from 60psi up to 150psi (think 150 is the max?) and the volume goes from 5gpm to 10gpm. You can also run two hoses from one rig

cmturner

Hey Jeff you need to get with Dave Olson and talk to him about the hose end sprayers that he uses. They are originally made for garden hose use, they are very slick. I think you would love them, especially since you love the X-jet.

Guy Blackmon

Bobcat on the chems, garden hose rinse. If you need another Bobcat let me know, I also just aquired a Delavane 5800 roof rig that puts out the same as a Bobcat.

Jeff LeCours

Thanks a lot all. I am going to have a meeting with the PM, HOA and hopefully have the engineer on a call. I figure what I am going to do is have a couple options, talk with them and then set up a demo and have them approve the process and sign off on it. If its rediculous requirement i will just pass on it. But this PM is cool and will talk straight with all involved and I feel we might just get this thing washed someday

Thanks again ALL