• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Need Help Pricing This.

PressureWashE

I got a call today about this home, He wants the house washed and all the concrete drives and patios.

I cant go to look at it personally till Monday, but I did get the Sq/ft of the home.

Sq/Ft 9506
Stucco Home.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&scene=26966788&encType=1

I don't want to low ball but I don't want to be to High.

Any input would be nice.

John

PS keep in mind we are a newer company and losing work is tough

Last edited:

Ken Fenner

That's a little low for stucco. Dryvit is a different story. That is far easier to clean. If the surface is smooth and the wall has a hollow sound to it.. that's Dryvit.

Start at your prices (if its not real stucco) and then upsell gutter scrubbing, addition of a wax, etc. That's a multi million dollar house sitting on a lake. Every contractor that walks through that door probably starts at $3000.

PressureWashE

Ken Thank you for the imput

I can look at it today becasue he said he will be in the Temple all day, But he said I can come first thing in the morning.

I will check to make sure its either stucco or dryvitt.

I understand what you mean about this being a multi million dollar home,

I would normally charge 10 - 11 cents per sq/ft on homes and eyeball the concrete.

wow that is a big home.

Jim Chesmore

I hope you try to upsell a roof wash also.

Unless this guy won the lottery he earned his money and he did that by paying attention to detail. You need to show him you are on top of EVERYTHING and give a detailed estimate. He is looking for quality and service, not price

You are looking at a 3K+ job and he wont even question the price if you show him detail in your estimate, explain your high quality work and present yourself in a professional manner.

plainpainter

I wouldn't wash a house that size for $950 if it was vinyl! That figure he quoted you is of the floor plan - not exterior surface area. At 10-11 cents a square foot - you probably will have approximately 20,000 square feet of siding or 2 g's.

Gene Fivel

I got a call today about this home, He wants the house washed and all the concrete drives and patios.

I cant go to look at it personally till Monday, but I did get the Sq/ft of the home.

Sq/Ft 9506
Stucco Home.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&scene=26966788&encType=1

I was thinking 950 for the home and 500 for the concrete

I don't want to low ball but I don't want to be to High.

Any input would be nice.

John

PS keep in mind we are a newer company and losing work is tough

Tried calling you twice....no answer from Aqua Clean

PressureWashE

Thank you for the input guys, When I meet with him tomorrow, I will put together a detailed estimate, And yes I have no clue what I was thinking when I posted that price, That is way low.

I will be up selling him on the deck around the gazebo on the lake, He mentioned that he wants that cleaned and stained as well.

I do not have the capabilities to do a roof that size.

Thanks again for the input.

John

The concrete alone will probably take me 2 days to do with my equipment.

4gpm 16 inch surface cleaner.... :saai:

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Thank you for the input guys, When I meet with him tomorrow, I will put together a detailed estimate, And yes I have no clue what I was thinking when I posted that price, That is way low.

I will be up selling him on the deck around the gazebo on the lake, He mentioned that he wants that cleaned and stained as well.

I do not have the capabilities to do a roof that size.

Thanks again for the input.

John

The concrete alone will probably take me 2 days to do with my equipment.

4gpm 16 inch surface cleaner.... :saai:

YIKES! You, my friend, need more gpms! May I suggest that you consider renting a bigger machine along with a bigger surface cleaner? (My local Landa dealer actually rents a complete trailer set-up.) Not that you couldn't do this with what you have, but you might consider using the $$ from this job (Hope you get it!) to upgrade your equipment.

Scott Davis

If it is just mold removal, then $950 seems a little low, but not extremely. I would have bid it around $1,100-$1,400. If there are mud dobbers, or any variables like that, it would be around $1,800.

Like I said on the phone John, we can do that roof easy, if he wants it done.

PressureWashE

If it is just mold removal, then $950 seems a little low, but not extremely. I would have bid it around $1,100-$1,400. If there are mud dobbers, or any variables like that, it would be around $1,800.

Like I said on the phone John, we can do that roof easy, if he wants it done.

Thanks scott, I have not given him a price yet, I will be meeting with him this evening to measure and itemize the estimate.

John

Randall Brooks

Send him another written estimate and make sure it has in a prominent spot the estimate bid is ONLY good for 30 days and tell him most people Wait until the last minute to confirm and then want it done without delay. This estimate is based on me being able to put you on a schedule. Then add as a side note something to the effect "well if you can't afford the price I understand,, I know I'm not the cheapest guy but when I went into biz I decided I would be the best guy catering to the more affluent not the cheapest washing trailer parks" yada yada yada...this is a last resort to move him by kind of embarrassing him just a nudge. People like that don't want anyone thinking they can't "afford" whatever they want..lol...It works more than you would think on people that have some personal mental block about "just not wanting to spend the money" but know they have it and need too. But it may offend him killing your chance, like I said last resort. Car salesman do it all the time by saying that then taking you to some stripped down version knowing you will balk and go back up to the lux model just to "show" them you can afford it. Thats why they take you to the high end one first..I wouldn't give up though he probably just a tight wad and needs the nudge. Ask him what do you spend a year to mow your grass?. Your windows? This is only every few years and its probably in line with the other maintenance.

DJ Carroll

I followed up with him multiple times, and each time he gave me some lame excuse, but always at the end of our conversations he would say, but i will most likely call you next week... then i call a week later, and same story.

Tire kicker
lol

Stay with him ... Send him a couple different post card from your company. Then follow up with a call every ten days till you get a yes

precisionpower

A few suggestions:

Make the next estimate valid for 10 days only!

A 4gpm 16 inch hot water can have that concrete done in 2-3 hours. Call me and I'll explain how.

That house price would be what everyone else said, not a penny below $3000, and more than likely a bit higher, probably around $3500-3700. The gutters, and the concrete add another significant chunk of change, most likely around $700.

Don't call, pay him a visit. Sign him on the spot. Tell him the price is good today only, and if he doesn't bite, then tell him you'll discount 5% if he calls within the next 10 days.

Geoff Adams

it may be a moot point by now, but I would do that in reverse. Tell him the estimate is good for only ten days, and that you'll give him 5% if he signs TODAY ONLY.

cause to me as a customer, sign today, because my offer is only good for today, then adding but if you call back in ten days i'll knock off 5% makes you seem desperate.

by telling him he has ten days on this offer, lets him know the fire will burn out, but if he wants a deal for the great service you've offered, he needs to act today, hence the 5% off to sign today. It also keeps YOU in charge of the sale. NOT HIM.

my two cents.

The Cleaning Doctor

Contributing Member
Hope you got this one.

1. Make sure he has no other objections other than the price.

2. If price is the only problem then offer the 5% discount for his permission to use the before and after photos on your web site and other advertising materials.

Since you probably can not see it well from the road a yard sign will not do you much good. Maybe on on the lake side would do though. Well maybe not, What's will all the water and no boats?