• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Follow up E-Mail I sent to a rude homeowner

Damaris Sutton

Mr. xxxx,

I spoke to you earlier and just gave a quote where you asked about the discount being applied? I just got another contact from you also in my website form. You mentioned you were price shopping and got 5 quotes before me which makes 6 with me.

If you do not have that much of a budget to work with and are not too picky about the outcome of the job, I know of a guy who will wash your home for $99. For this I know he does not include a warranty as well as not being insured, but he does do it dirt cheap. His quality is not up to the professional level, but he will eventually catch on I hope.

If you would like his number I will be more than happy to pass him along to you. If you want you can probably find his name and number on every fine marketing establishment where a bath room stall is located within a local diner.

In case you were wanting to know what that slamming noise was. You will be getting a call from his lawyer as he fell off his ladder cleaning your home.

Sincerely Yours...

Damaris Sutton

For those who do not know me. I am a straight forward, no nonsense type of person. I was trained by Grandpa who was a master painter and a genius in the Painting field. He was always loaded with work and always said that your time is worth something.

I figured since he wasted my time and gas money with the bogust estimate I would give him some change to put in his pockets. What is he going to do? Not suggest my service to other cheap home owners he is friends with who are not dealing truthfully with other contractors?

Sometimes a tongue lashing is called for. Why be dishonest about it. Just say they have a house they can not really afford so they want trailer park prices?

Seems reasonable enough does it not?

plainpainter

I have talked to many folks in their 80's - and loads of them recount stories about contractors back when they were young adults - folks who would be in their 110's if they were alive today. From what they tell me - contractors didn't take horse poop from nobody. Homeowners had to suck up if they wanted work done. And bad homeowners soon got reputations to the point that only street urchins would work for them. There was this particular builder that stands in my memory - and he built these homes - although not big - were of the utmost quality and detail - they really don't build 'em like that anymore. And word has it this millionaire sometime back in the 50's wanted him to build an addition and was being arrogant around the guy - the contractor told him to get lost and get someone else to build for him. That's how things use to be from what I am told.

Guy Blackmon

I have had several people call for estimates, I meet with them, tell them about our Company, how we will wash their home, only to hear "Well Really It's Going To Based On The Cheapest Price" to which I reply "Well Good Luck With That" get in my truck and leave. I Don't Have Time For These Type Of People!

Damaris Sutton

One time my Grandpa fell off a 40 foot ladder into this rich ladies prize roses and crushed them. She came out and yelled at my Grandpa. The builder, who was a friend of my Grandpa, stopped all work on the project for 2 weeks and had her apologize to my Grandpa before work continued. Try to get a builder to stand up for their contractor in that manner these days...:redcard:

Jim Chesmore

I have had several people call for estimates, I meet with them, tell them about our Company, how we will wash their home, only to hear "Well Really It's Going To Based On The Cheapest Price" to which I reply "Well Good Luck With That" get in my truck and leave. I Don't Have Time For These Type Of People!

+100 I do the same thing

Ken Fenner

I weed them out right over the phone.. When they tell me they are getting estimates, I tell them flat out we are likely to be the company that does the best work as well as be the most expensive. I'm nice about it but I don't have time nor the inclination to chase homeowners that read some website telling them to get ten estimates. For those still on the fence during the call I give them three references of people in their area and if they decide to move forward they can recontact me.

Even cheap people still want the job done right. But sometimes there are those that will shop on price at all costs. They are rare but when i come across them I run the other way.

plainpainter

I weed them out right over the phone.. When they tell me they are getting estimates, I tell them flat out we are likely to be the company that does the best work as well as be the most expensive. I'm nice about it but I don't have time nor the inclination to chase homeowners that read some website telling them to get ten estimates. For those still on the fence during the call I give them three references of people in their area and if they decide to move forward they can recontact me.

Even cheap people still want the job done right. But sometimes there are those that will shop on price at all costs. They are rare but when i come across them I run the other way.

Don't tell me it's not so, Fenner, you pre-qualifying homeowners over the phone!??!?!!!? LOL. Once I am at the point of doing 50 house washes a year - I'll start pre-qualifying again.

plainpainter

50 a year???
We did over 50 in april!!!
Might want to spend some $ advertising!!!

I spend loads of money advertizing - it's just 'dead' zone when it comes to housewashing. Most homes are painted - and they get painted every 7-8 years - and most homeowers associate house washing with something you do as prep prior to painting. And since northeastern paint manufacturers load up their paints with so much mildewcide - to the point I think the paint is even more toxic than the old lead paint. Unless there is some sort of water intrusion due to faulty flashing or just bad design - I hardly see mildew until 5-6 years after a paint job.