Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Follow up E-Mail I sent to a rude homeowner

Default Re: Follow up E-Mail I sent to a rude homeowner

I weed them out right over the phone.. When they tell me they are getting estimates, I tell them flat out we are likely to be the company that does the best work as well as be the most expensive. I'm nice about it but I don't have time nor the inclination to chase homeowners that read some website telling them to get ten estimates. For those still on the fence during the call I give them three references of people in their area and if they decide to move forward they can recontact me.

Even cheap people still want the job done right. But sometimes there are those that will shop on price at all costs. They are rare but when i come across them I run the other way.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies

Quote Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
    I weed them out right over the phone.. When they tell me they are getting estimates, I tell them flat out we are likely to be the company that does the best work as well as be the most expensive. I'm nice about it but I don't have time nor the inclination to chase homeowners that read some website telling them to get ten estimates. For those still on the fence during the call I give them three references of people in their area and if they decide to move forward they can recontact me.

Even cheap people still want the job done right. But sometimes there are those that will shop on price at all costs. They are rare but when i come across them I run the other way.
    Don't tell me it's not so, Fenner, you pre-qualifying homeowners over the phone!??!?!!!? LOL. Once I am at the point of doing 50 house washes a year - I'll start pre-qualifying again.
    Daniel Tambasco
    Just Plain Painting
    Gutter Cleaning MA
    Deck Restoration Contractor
    978-749-9808

Quote Originally Posted by plainpainter View Post
    Don't tell me it's not so, Fenner, you pre-qualifying homeowners over the phone!??!?!!!? LOL. Once I am at the point of doing 50 house washes a year - I'll start pre-qualifying again.
    50 a year???
    We did over 50 in april!!!
    Might want to spend some $ advertising!!!
    James VanHandel
    Pressure Washing, Roof, Restaurant, Parking garage, Commercial building restoration
    All of new jersey
    609-738-3100
    innovativewash@aol.com
    www.innovativepressurecleaning.com

Quote Originally Posted by Innovativewash View Post
    50 a year???
    We did over 50 in april!!!
    Might want to spend some $ advertising!!!
    I spend loads of money advertizing - it's just 'dead' zone when it comes to housewashing. Most homes are painted - and they get painted every 7-8 years - and most homeowers associate house washing with something you do as prep prior to painting. And since northeastern paint manufacturers load up their paints with so much mildewcide - to the point I think the paint is even more toxic than the old lead paint. Unless there is some sort of water intrusion due to faulty flashing or just bad design - I hardly see mildew until 5-6 years after a paint job.
    Daniel Tambasco
    Just Plain Painting
    Gutter Cleaning MA
    Deck Restoration Contractor
    978-749-9808

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information