Thread: Question on BMP

Default Question on BMP

Ive been doing research on being 100% compliant, next stage in my biz I guess. Any ways I found Oregons BMPs, and need some clarification.

"2. BUILDING AND PAVEMENT BMPs

2.1. Paved areas including parking lots, driveways, sidewalks, and other surfaces should be clean
    from excessive debris before washing with water only. If excessive debris lies on the pavement
    surface before washing, the surface should be dry swept or blown and debris collected and
    disposed of properly."

Does this mean that no reclamation is required if washing with just cold water? Or is it still required? and these are over 10 years old, but I can't find anything newer.

Edited for another Q
    "PPD\WC15\WC15195.doc
    b) Wash water may be treated with adequately sized grit traps and oil/water separators.
    Comparable units such as water quality inlets to remove sediments and floating oils may
    also be used. Adjustment for pH may be needed as additional treatment. Effluent may be
    applied on vegetated land by irrigation equipment. Land irrigation should occur on non-
    Wash Water BMPs
    Page 4
    agricultural vegetation with a 20-foot buffer. Treated wash water should not result in
    surface runoff. Please see WPCF #1700-B for the conditions and limitations applicable to
    land application of wash water."

Does this mean that I can discharge into my field? I have 5 acres.....
    Isaac Baghdanov
    NW ProWash LLC
    Pressure Washing Portland

Default Re: Question on BMP

Isaac, you would still have to reclaim. They just don't want trash and debris blown around by a pressure washer as opposed to being actually picked up.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies

Isaac. I PM'd Robert Hinderliter to look at this thread, so he might be able to give you an answer

Is Portland the nearest city to you Isaac?
    [B]Carlos Gonzales[/B]
    [B]New Look Power Wash
    [URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com"]Pressure Wash in California[/URL][/B]
    [URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com/category/uncategorized"][B]California Pressure Washing Blog[/B][/URL]
    [B][URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com/california-pressure-wash-blog/pressure-wash-services-in-san-francisco.html"]Pressure Wash Services in San Francisco[/URL][/B]

This means that if you preclean the debris & Oil and Grease spots and filter through a screen and oil absorbent boom that you can apply to landscaping as long as there is not surface, ground water, or soil contamination and no runoff.

Normally you are limited to disposing of the waste water on the property where it is generated. Hauling to your 5 acres should generally be limited to 1,000 gallons per acre per month. Continuous disposal to the same property give rise to soil contamination; which will be access when ever the property is sold. Upon sale of the property remediation will be required if it test hazardous which can quite expensive.

Following the rules is not a release of liability if remediation is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hinderliter View Post
    This means that if you preclean the debris & Oil and Grease spots and filter through a screen and oil absorbent boom that you can apply to landscaping as long as there is not surface, ground water, or soil contamination and no runoff.

Normally you are limited to disposing of the waste water on the property where it is generated. Hauling to your 5 acres should generally be limited to 1,000 gallons per acre per month. Continuous disposal to the same property give rise to soil contamination; which will be access when ever the property is sold. Upon sale of the property remediation will be required if it test hazardous which can quite expensive.

Following the rules is not a release of liability if remediation is required.
    Thank you, just looking for clarification.
    Isaac Baghdanov
    NW ProWash LLC
    Pressure Washing Portland

Interesting
    Arkansas Pro Wash is an awesome Pressure Washing Company that specializes in Sidewalk Cleaning and Gum Removal. Check us out on Facebook. Call or Text 501-580-0223.<marquee> Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com </marquee>

• Thread Information