• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Question on BMP

Isaac Baghdanov

Ive been doing research on being 100% compliant, next stage in my biz I guess. Any ways I found Oregons BMPs, and need some clarification.

"2. BUILDING AND PAVEMENT BMPs

2.1. Paved areas including parking lots, driveways, sidewalks, and other surfaces should be clean
from excessive debris before washing with water only. If excessive debris lies on the pavement
surface before washing, the surface should be dry swept or blown and debris collected and
disposed of properly."

Does this mean that no reclamation is required if washing with just cold water? Or is it still required? and these are over 10 years old, but I can't find anything newer.

Edited for another Q
"PPD\WC15\WC15195.doc
b) Wash water may be treated with adequately sized grit traps and oil/water separators.
Comparable units such as water quality inlets to remove sediments and floating oils may
also be used. Adjustment for pH may be needed as additional treatment. Effluent may be
applied on vegetated land by irrigation equipment. Land irrigation should occur on non-
Wash Water BMPs
Page 4
agricultural vegetation with a 20-foot buffer. Treated wash water should not result in
surface runoff. Please see WPCF #1700-B for the conditions and limitations applicable to
land application of wash water."

Does this mean that I can discharge into my field? I have 5 acres.....

Ken Fenner

Isaac, you would still have to reclaim. They just don't want trash and debris blown around by a pressure washer as opposed to being actually picked up.

This means that if you preclean the debris & Oil and Grease spots and filter through a screen and oil absorbent boom that you can apply to landscaping as long as there is not surface, ground water, or soil contamination and no runoff.

Normally you are limited to disposing of the waste water on the property where it is generated. Hauling to your 5 acres should generally be limited to 1,000 gallons per acre per month. Continuous disposal to the same property give rise to soil contamination; which will be access when ever the property is sold. Upon sale of the property remediation will be required if it test hazardous which can quite expensive.

Following the rules is not a release of liability if remediation is required.

Isaac Baghdanov

This means that if you preclean the debris & Oil and Grease spots and filter through a screen and oil absorbent boom that you can apply to landscaping as long as there is not surface, ground water, or soil contamination and no runoff.

Normally you are limited to disposing of the waste water on the property where it is generated. Hauling to your 5 acres should generally be limited to 1,000 gallons per acre per month. Continuous disposal to the same property give rise to soil contamination; which will be access when ever the property is sold. Upon sale of the property remediation will be required if it test hazardous which can quite expensive.

Following the rules is not a release of liability if remediation is required.

Thank you, just looking for clarification.