• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

F-13 to the rescue

Jeff LeCours

Yup thank goodness for good products. Bob of PT State and UAMCC Vendor member sells a product to clean the black streaks off gutters. Well I needed it for something else and it came to my rescue last week

We were washing 19, 3 story condo buildings. 8 buildings are about 14 years old or so and the rest just a few years old. This property was FILTHY with GREEN MOLD & MILDEW. It wasnt washed since the last time we washed it over 3 years ago. Anyone from this area knows if you dont wash for over 3 years its going to be a MOLDY job

Well when we wash, we remove dirt, mold, mildew webs etc. But we dont remove oxidation when washing. Wellllll my guys screwed up, being so dirty and in poor shape the older buildings had oxidation, YUP they cleaned with a little bit of pressure and left SQUIGGLY marks all over several parts of 3 buildings. You know where the oxidation came off and basically left wand marks. I usually would of been ****ed by the rookie type mistake, but like I said these places were thick with mold and just poor maintenace helped contribute to the mess

F-13 to the RESCUE..... We went back the next day, and applied (Xjet) a strong coat of F-13 to effected areas and the rest of the oxidation just MELTED away. Went real fast and real effective.

Had several homeowners and the PM ask why we cleaned the buildings twice. I told them, I couldnt leave like it was and needed to make it look great. Many were impressed that we fixed it, I was surprised, but I guess some would of just left it a mess, as I have seen before

I Love F-13. saved my butt on this one

Thanks Bob

Eric Flynn

Oxidation is kicking our butt! This is a building we are washing right now.
Hopefully you can see the streaks in the pic.

Eric is there right now applying his chems: (hopefully I say this right)...potassium hydroxide.
This building has been a challenge, but we are staying positive!!

~Jen

Attachments

• 05-07-09 131.jpg
    05-07-09 131.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 74

Jeff LeCours

Oxidation is kicking our butt! This is a building we are washing right now.
Hopefully you can see the streaks in the pic.

Eric is there right now applying his chems: (hopefully I say this right)...potassium hydroxide.
This building has been a challenge, but we are staying positive!!

~Jen

Jen whats the buil;ding made of? Is that concrete, stucco???

Are you talking the black streaks I see in the picture? or is it chaulky? If I am seeing it right on the picture, it looks like black streaks and you could use a butyl product.

Good luck with it

plainpainter

Jeff did you xjet it straight from the bottle? How strong was your resultant mix? And did the F-13 mix with dwell make the oxidation come off without agitation?

Eric Flynn

Jen whats the buil;ding made of? Is that concrete, stucco???

Are you talking the black streaks I see in the picture? or is it chaulky? If I am seeing it right on the picture, it looks like black streaks and you could use a butyl product.

Good luck with it

Its concrete with little pebbles in it. They painted over it.
And yes the black streaks is what I'm talking about.
We will see what it looks like tomorrow after he sprays it tonight.
Thanks Jeff!!!

~Jen

Jeff LeCours

Jeff did you xjet it straight from the bottle? How strong was your resultant mix? And did the F-13 mix with dwell make the oxidation come off without agitation?

I Xjetted it yes. We have our Xjets reduced to 1/4 inch barb and hose We mixed it 60% F 13 to 40% water and Xjetted it on. Within a few SECONDS you could see the oxidation starting to roll right down the siding and we were rinsing within a few minutes. NO agitation needed at all. That is a good strong mix we used. Didnt want to waste time and mess around.

Oxidation I am talking about is the chaulky stuff vinyl siding

plainpainter

I Xjetted it yes. We have our Xjets reduced to 1/4 inch barb and hose We mixed it 60% F 13 to 40% water and Xjetted it on. Within a few SECONDS you could see the oxidation starting to roll right down the siding and we were rinsing within a few minutes. NO agitation needed at all. That is a good strong mix we used. Didnt want to waste time and mess around.

Oxidation I am talking about is the chaulky stuff vinyl siding

I am wondering if this is a possible new service to offer homeowners. I wash lots of chalky homes - when they're white you don't notice it. But when the original color is a dark blue - oxidation is always white, and there you have potential for problems.

Sal Panebianco

We do offer that to h/os w/vinyl siding but we offer it as siding resoration work. and it is alot more expensive so 99% won't do it. (it's also alot more work)

Randall Brooks

One word of caution with F13 is don't get it on any painted or stained surface. Got it on a brown latex painted deck one time and it turned the paint floresent green,:redcard: Thank goodness the HO had some of the extra paint in the garage. :clap: Is harsh on the vegitation as well. I use it on about every house wash I do except for the side with the deck. :headshakesmile-fast Only at about 4oz per 5er with xjet. "wild cherry" sauce,,,,LOL,
Jeff I wouldn't have thought you could put that stuff at 60 percent on anything....except the wicked witch of the North,,,,,That by the way wasn't a cheap fix either....But as you know,,,"Save the Claim" at all cost...LOL