• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

A Challenge

Terry Miller

It's starting out at 36 degrees this morning. Going to 72 degrees. I'm stripping a fence today. This is a challenge to get the wood to dry. I'll be aplying Flood's Cwf-Uv5 to finish. I bet Carlos and Scott don't have too many days to deal with like this? However I am Happy I don't have 113 degree days! LOL No matter where we live, it's water, temperature or something else Mother Nature throws at us! Thank goodness we don't live on Mars! LOL

Rob Huffman

We always do work in the mid 30's during the winter months. With it getting cold this early in the year maybe we will get lucky and have an early spring? I think it was 2 or 3 years ago when for two weeks in February we had like 80 degree weather...

just keep the machines running and the money coming....thats all I ask...lol

Terry Miller

We actually painted a home one January. Of course it was 65 degrees! It has to be true that our bodys change to our climate. Our blood has to thin in warmer climates and our skin thickens in cold climates? True or not?
Carlos at 70 degrees we go swimming! LOL
Our challenge is to work on exterior jobs till our hands are too cold to work.

Ken Fenner

Terry, hope this finds you well and in good spirits.

Its that time of year for us in the northeast. Actually had to kick my heat on to take the chill off the house. We're starting a little later on housewashes and decks so that we are not fighting the chems. Its been an interesting year for me. About even on gross dollars from last year but expenses went up a little bit so I have to review my pricing. I'll have the machines in storage by the first or second week of November. I'm trying my best to get in as much work as possible but the calls just aren't there. Even repeat customers are hoarding their wallets. I really don't want to raise my prices in this time of economic crunch but I am more concerned about margins than customer count so if I have to I will. What are you guys seing in your regions?

Doug Dahlke

Donating Member
Residential is almost non-existent for me. A few jobs here and there but scary slow. I have quoted quite a few shopping centers, some three hours away, and am hoping that I get contracts on those for 09 and possibly some revenue from work order work on them before the year ends.

I also do painting and the revenue there has saved me this year. I didn't push it much earlier in the year because the PW stuff was going well. I now take whatever I can get. I do have a big painting project starting Monday and some other things to keep me busy for a few weeks.

This is definitely a time when you need to make things happen.

Roger Gothorp

What are you guys seing in your regions?

As compared to what year? Compared to 2006 when we had water and some semblance of normalcy in the economy, we're down a noticeable percentage HOWEVER, compared to 2007 when we were in a drought and "prohibited" from working, we're up nearly 3 times from all of last year and that just started in May (1st quarter we were still too dry).

Weather upheavals, economic upheavals - just challenges that we all have to deal with.

It's always something isn't it?

Have a GREAT day!

Celeste

Terry Miller

Here is the finished fence.

Attachments

• Misc Est Jobs, Equipment 7651.jpg
    Misc Est Jobs, Equipment 7651.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Misc Est Jobs, Equipment 7673.jpg
    Misc Est Jobs, Equipment 7673.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Misc Est Jobs, Equipment 7712.jpg
    Misc Est Jobs, Equipment 7712.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 35

Terry Miller

Your correct, The income is not the same as last year. The Business reports on TV scare me. I know we will have to bite the bullit for some items and progress with what we have to work with. I know the money is still out there, just not where we want it to be? Keep your head up and strive to be the best. The rest will follow.

Don M.

Resi slowed down, but I think after labor day it will get nuts.

Then it's the fall gutter cleaning. I've been working on the marketing some for a while. Henry's comments got me excited. Then it's a whirlwind trip to Chicago for a holiday lighting expo for one day. All goes well we will push into early Jan. Then a chamber home show in late feb and then back at it.

In the little bit of down time, got to spend lots of time on the website, and begin work on my two other online businesses.

Randall Brooks

I started off the year great but it's really died over the last 6 weeks or so. This political garbage going on in Washington is scaring the crap out of everyone,,even me....I'm hoping it does like it did last year though and people start calling again in Sept and Oct. It's been really cool here already so I'm looking for an early winter. I really need to push more comercial next year.

DJ Carroll

We are on track to hit out 100k goal by the end of the year. The marketing company is taking off like a missle .... Our office is together and grand opening is thursday!!!! We almost had a record week last week... The money is there guys you just might have to turn over more rocks.

topcoat

Contributing Member
Hang on fire the ride DJ. It wont be long before $100k will be a bad year, virtual failure, for you! You're going to be a busy guy getting the marketing thing off the ground as well!

Jim Chesmore

way to go DJ!! I'm not at 100k but I got pretty close with just PWing...

I've been beat up by some pretty slick lowballers for the past couple of weeks and that has not helped. My selling skills are so-so and I do focus on selling quality but the people are getting freaked from the Govt.

Are you doing better in resi and comm or just comm? My comm is growing.

DJ Carroll

way to go DJ!! I'm not at 100k but I got pretty close with just PWing...

I've been beat up by some pretty slick lowballers for the past couple of weeks and that has not helped. My selling skills are so-so and I do focus on selling quality but the people are getting freaked from the Govt.

Are you doing better in resi and comm or just comm? My comm is growing.

Last check we are about 42% blue 46% green (blue being washing and green being lawn and landscape) dollar wise we are like 30% resi 30% commercial and 40% industrial..... We are also looking to acquire our first local company. . .