• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

What is the toughest stain?

Carlos Gonzales

Flatworkers....you have been around the pressure washing block a few times. What is the toughest or most challenging stain that you dealt with? I mean the stain that no matter what you threw at it as far as chems...it just would not come off?

Nick Campanale

Flatworkers....you have been around the pressure washing block a few times. What is the toughest or most challenging stain that you dealt with? I mean the stain that no matter what you threw at it as far as chems...it just would not come off?

The real heavy grease that has been laying on the ground for years around a grease container @ the restaurants in the dumpster pad.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
We have scraped up the top layer and put down some heavy duty degreeser, and even then we have to re do over and over until there is only a shadow.

Scrapping Grease off COncrete is always a Joy.

How long do you usally let the chems Dwell? When its layers of grease like that.

Jim Cooney

The main problem with oil and grease after allowed to sit on concrete for extended period of time is that the oils penetrate the concrete, since concrete is a porous material. I have witnessed concrete slabs after demolition at a former gas station. The oil had penetrated the concrete 3" plus. This is why in many cases a "shadow" remains.

One recent example: As many of you know Toyota has had it's share of recall issues recently. I have performed dozens of oil spill projects for Toyota since the first of the year. On several Toyota models, an oil line failure is apparently an ongoing issue.

The first call for service I received was for 2 separate locations in Sun City west. The responsible dealership first tried to resolve the issue themselves. They sent an employee our from their service department. His first step was to apply oil dry on the oil spills (exactly what needs to be done immediately to absorb the surface oils). His next steps resulted in disaster. He "assumed" that pouring brake fluid and paint thinner on the oil stains, followed by using the portable, cold water pressure washer he brought with him would be the answer.

The end result was the oil was diluted and actually forced deeper into the concrete by his decision to use brake fluid and paint thinner. Then the diluted oil was most likely forced deeper into the concrete when he used the cold water pressure washer (with a zero degree tip, I forgot to add, which left it's own damage to the concrete).

As I mentioned, there were 2 separate properties involved by this 1 oil line rupture. The owner of the Toyota didn't realize the oil when he left his residence and drove over to his girlfriends residence, spilling oil all over her driveway also.

End result; 2 driveways that could of been resolved properly for a few hundred dollars. Learned from the region manager of Toyota that is my main contact now that these 2 properties required a concrete coating contractor to remove the sections where the oil was forced deep into the concrete, patch those areas, then perform a complete overlay of both driveways. Did not share the exact amount spent, but he did tell me it was in the thousands of dollars.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
The main problem with oil and grease after allowed to sit on concrete for extended period of time is that the oils penetrate the concrete, since concrete is a porous material. I have witnessed concrete slabs after demolition at a former gas station. The oil had penetrated the concrete 3" plus. This is why in many cases a "shadow" remains.

One recent example: As many of you know Toyota has had it's share of recall issues recently. I have performed dozens of oil spill projects for Toyota since the first of the year. On several Toyota models, an oil line failure is apparently an ongoing issue.

The first call for service I received was for 2 separate locations in Sun City west. The responsible dealership first tried to resolve the issue themselves. They sent an employee our from their service department. His first step was to apply oil dry on the oil spills (exactly what needs to be done immediately to absorb the surface oils). His next steps resulted in disaster. He "assumed" that pouring brake fluid and paint thinner on the oil stains, followed by using the portable, cold water pressure washer he brought with him would be the answer.

The end result was the oil was diluted and actually forced deeper into the concrete by his decision to use brake fluid and paint thinner. Then the diluted oil was most likely forced deeper into the concrete when he used the cold water pressure washer (with a zero degree tip, I forgot to add, which left it's own damage to the concrete).

As I mentioned, there were 2 separate properties involved by this 1 oil line rupture. The owner of the Toyota didn't realize the oil when he left his residence and drove over to his girlfriends residence, spilling oil all over her driveway also.

End result; 2 driveways that could of been resolved properly for a few hundred dollars. Learned from the region manager of Toyota that is my main contact now that these 2 properties required a concrete coating contractor to remove the sections where the oil was forced deep into the concrete, patch those areas, then perform a complete overlay of both driveways. Did not share the exact amount spent, but he did tell me it was in the thousands of dollars.

Have you ever Experinced that Stuff in a grease dumpster 1/4 inch thick and hard as a rock?

Thats by far the most difficult I have ever encountered.

Motor Oil can be equally as tough but seems to always penitrate the area.

Jim Cooney

Oh yeah. I bought one of those tools that I think are meant for roofers and/or tile guys to strip roofs or old flooring. Works well. I used a garden hoe (no disrespect intended) from my shed once, and only once. Broke it almost immediately. Had to go buy a new hoe (once again, not what some might be thinking) and bought the roofing/tile tool while at Home Depot.

Have you ever Experinced that Stuff in a grease dumpster 1/4 inch thick and hard as a rock?

Thats by far the most difficult I have ever encountered.

Motor Oil can be equally as tough but seems to always penitrate the area.

Chris Chappell

Hydraulic fluid from trash trucks is just about impossible to get out of the concrete once it has been there for a day or longer.

Another stain that is about impossible is the black mineral stains on sidewalks by grassy areas, not sure if it is calcium or magnesium or what mineral but without using strong acids, I have not found a solution to this.

Over on tgs, Craig Harrison started selling chemicals and said he has a solution for these black stains, it will be interesting to see how they work.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Here is a hydraulic fluid spill I cleaned up using the BT200 and rain. Never even pulled out a pressure washer. The spill had been there about 2-3 days, as I waited to put the BT200 down before I new it would rain.

Before Houston texas Hydraulic Fluid Cleaned.jpgAfter Hydraulic Fluid CLeaned Houston texas.jpg

Randy Borio

Nasty old restaurant grease. The stuff in the dumpster pen that stays hidden from everybody by the fence. We also cleaned a bank drive-thru that hadn't been touched in 20 years. Looked good until a few days later when it got hot again and the oil started seeping to the surface. Stopped in and recleaned 1 more time and laid down some oil only mats for the rest of the weekend. That really helped.