• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Any plumbers out there

Florin Nutu

I am setting up my rig that will have a 4.5gpm machine and a 12gpm machine that will be run simultaneously. I have been running into water flow problems on certain homes. My question is this... Do you get more flow if you hook up to two seperate spigots on a house or is it the same as if you would hook up to just one? Wondering if I should setup two supply hoses to one tank or just leave one.

Chris Chappell

I have only found 1 house that had good flow that would support my 5.5 and 8gpm machines at the same time using my 3/4" supply hose to the tank.

Most of the times the other faucet on the house either is broken or clogged up so we usually only run 1 machine on those houses.

If you are running 2 machines, I would run 2 supply hoses to the tank.

One thing I found out this year trying to increase the flow to my tank is changing out the swivel or not using it for the hose reel. Most hose reels restrict the flow a lot. The immitation rapid reels only have about 1/4" opening for the water to flow through which is good for pressure but not for suply since supply is not high pressure.

Run 3/4" hoses for the best flow but it needs to be 3/4" all the way to the tank. If you use the swivel on the hose reel, that will restrict you so leave a short piece of hose out of the hose reel so you can connect it when in use then disconnect when rolling or unrolling. When you can, get 1/2" hose reel or larger ports for the best flow, most out there are only 3/8". It really makes a big difference.

I have 225' of 3/4" supply hose on one reel and have another 120' on a spare hose reel for when I need to run 2 hoses, it is on the reel for storage only, I have a garden hose fitting on the bulkhead fitting on the tank to connect to when needed.

Hope this helps.

Chris Chappell

One other thing to think about is do the calculations for the area of a circle and do it for the 1" pipe then do it for 2 of the 1/2" pipes, the 1" pipe is a little more area so more flow so it will handle the 2 hoses better than trying to get all your flow out of one hose.

Florin Nutu

do what guys in florida do......:biggrin: hook up to the neighbors house:headshakesmile-fast

Very tempted.:rolleyes:
The houses that I have gotten lucky and have had good flow, it was amazing how fast we were able to wash. My guy and me did 17driveways, 17 1500sf vynil siding homes, sidewalks leading to each door, and the sidewalk on the street for all 17 homes... Did it all in 13.5hrs.

Can strip and brighten a 1000sf deck within an hour or less and that includes setup and dwell time.

I sure am getting popeye arms though.

Not sure what type of rig you have, but the easiest way to not run out of water is to store some more in your float tank. Perhaps starting the job with 150 to 200 gallons, running one feed hose and then let the hose run till your done and cleaned up to refill you at the end of the job......probably easier than getting into elaborate plumbing with dual feeds or stealing from the neighbors.....my $0.02

what is the 12 gallon per minute set up, that must be some monster .........

Last edited:

Florin Nutu

Not sure what type of rig you have, but the easiest way to not run out of water is to store some more in your float tank. Perhaps starting the job with 150 to 200 gallons, running one feed hose and then let the hose run till your done and cleaned up to refill you at the end of the job......probably easier than getting into elaborate plumbing with dual feeds or stealing from the neighbors.....my $0.02

what is the 12 gallon per minute set up, that must be some monster .........

I have a 300 gallon buffer tank already. Even with that, on bigger jobs I end up running out of water. Most jobs I do I am at one location all day. Doing a whole package.

The machine aint nothing fancy.. Its a Kohler 18hp motor with a General 12gpm pump and a K7 unloader. Thats it. Its only rated for 1000psi but I dont need any more than that on 85% of my jobs.