• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Fuel Flooded burner-Help

Randall Brooks

Well I sure about screwed up the other day. Was working (solo) behind a fence washing some stripper off and finished the section and walked around to turn the HydroTek skid off. As I walked up water was pouring from under the engine area, or so I thought. As I looked it was diesel coming out of the burner cylinder pouring right on top of the exhaust!! I got it all shut down "just" in time as it was smoking off as I was doing so....Then the perfect Chinies fire drill around the truck getting it unhooked from the trailer so it wouldn't go up too....:willy_nilly:
I have had a burner issue where it wouldn't fire sometimes and haven't got it taken care of, and apparently the burner switch got flipped when I took the cover off and the fuel pump started pumping fuel into the burner until it came out every hole it could find. Yea not too good.....Question is what have I done? Bad or do I just take it apart and let it dry or is it a full on cleaning meaning taking it into the shop? I've taken the end cap off so it will dry but will the diesel dry up enough to ever fire without a tear down or rebuild. I thought the fuel was suposed to shut off if there were no fire to it. Thanks...

Russ Johnson

UAMCC Associate Member
Strip it down, thoroughly degrease all the metal parts, and put it back together with all new insulation.

And fix the burner...

Paul Kassander

UAMCC Associate Member
Strip it down, thoroughly degrease all the metal parts, and put it back together with all new insulation.

And fix the burner...

Thats right had to do the same thing last night must have squeezed 3 gallons of fuel out of the insulation when I removed it. When I asked the operator if he noticed the unit was only running cold water he said oh I just thought the switch was off.:saai:

Florin Nutu

Done it. Changed the insulation. What I did next I am not sure if it was the right way so dont do it without consulting a manufacturer or someone that knows what they are doing.:ban: I just burned off the diesel inside. Fired it up and prayed that the fire department didnt get called. The smoke that came out of the stack was amazing.

Alexy

:yes:
Done it. Changed the insulation. What I did next I am not sure if it was the right way so dont do it without consulting a manufacturer or someone that knows what they are doing.:ban: I just burned off the diesel inside. Fired it up and prayed that the fire department didnt get called. The smoke that came out of the stack was amazing.
I did that once when the ignitor coil died on a Mi-T-M machine and it pumped 20 mins of diesel into the coil. After we fixed the ignitor we took the machine to a open area and just let it run for 30 mins and the smoke out the burner was in line with what a large steam engine would throw out.

Geoff Adams

last night I was washing and I noticed it the hot water was gone and when I went over to shut the burner off I noticed diesel leaking all over?

What is that from? or better yet, why the hell did it just stop making hot water and do its funky thing? I'm sure you guys all know this pretty well, but I'm fairly inexperienced with burners.

thanks.

Paul Kassander

UAMCC Associate Member
The transformer may have gone out, the electrodes may be worn, could be a partially clogged nozzle, fuel pressure, stuck open fuel solenoid a bunch of things. I would start with the transformer first to see if it is functioning I am guessing that is your problem.

Randall Brooks

I got it fixed but screwed in the process....dude charged me 434.00 to change the transformer and fuel nozzle,,clean the igniter,,,,,Fired it up and let it smoke out...Scary....But back in biz..:clap:...I'll know what to do next time....

Randall Brooks

last night I was washing and I noticed it the hot water was gone and when I went over to shut the burner off I noticed diesel leaking all over?

What is that from? or better yet, why the hell did it just stop making hot water and do its funky thing? I'm sure you guys all know this pretty well, but I'm fairly inexperienced with burners.

thanks.

Read my post above,,same thing...transformer went out but the pressure switch and fuel pump didn't...keeps pumping fuel into coil....I think on PWI theres a sticky in the equiptment thread where the Delco guy pulls open the transformer and uses a screwdriver across the springs to see if it's sparking...thats your problem,,the thing that flips outward...couple of screws and wires,,,replace,,,there 93.00 if you order it yourself....dude charge me 172.00 then 250.00 to put it on,,,don't let that happen to you....