• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

What I saw.. did a double take.

Ken Fenner

You know the sound from five miles away.. a pressure washer running that isn't your own. We were in a condo complex working last week when I hear the sound. Two guys were laboring hard dragging around this contraption.. They were using some very hot water on the decks.

Attachments

• 100_0775.jpg
    100_0775.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 172

Carlos Gonzales

What the heck is it?

It looks like a makeshift chariot from the movie "Chariot's of Fire"...LOL :biggrin: or in this case ...'Chariot's for Hire...:Smiley-2147:

Ken Fenner

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Carlos, 5:30 am and pre-cofee and I nearly pee'd myself laughing at your response. You're right, it does look like a chariot..

Its some sort of electric and propane powered unit. It definitely does not look like it is supposed to be portable.

Rick Petry

Ken,

Would have fooled me. Thought it was some high tech hazardous waste disposal unit. Would not want to be lugging that around condo decks, especially on soft ground.

Ken Fenner

Rick, I couldn't get a pic while they were cleaning as it would have been very obvious. They were enshrouded in steam (up to their waists) the entire time. We are actually heading to the complex today. I'll take a peek at the wood they were working on.

That's the only thing I am encountering with complexes up here, there are preferred vendor lists but the HOA's do not get involved with which contractor is hired to clean. Each H.O makes their own choice.

Rick Petry

... That's the only thing I am encountering with complexes up here, there are preferred vendor lists but the HOA's do not get involved with which contractor is hired to clean. Each H.O makes their own choice.

Ken,

Somewhat different in my area of central NJ. Townhouse communities purchase cleaning services through the HOA, except in most cases, the rear decks.

Odd, for example I live in a townhouse. We have painted wood privacy fences between both rear decks and in the front of units. The HOA is responsible for maintenance. But each homeowner is responsible for their own individual deck.

I imagine it is due to the definition of "common property" as opposed to "resident owned" property.

Ken Fenner

Looked at the deck today. What a hack job. Deep wand marks everywhere with many missed spots. These guys haven't been back to stain the two decks they did. In the past 7 days we have completed sixteen decks this size.

Attachments

• wand_marks_and_mold.jpg
    wand_marks_and_mold.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 94
  • hacks.jpg
    hacks.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 98

Rick Petry

Looked at the deck today. What a hack job. Deep wand marks everywhere with many missed spots. These guys haven't been back to stain the two decks they did. In the past 7 days we have completed sixteen decks this size.

Yeah but Ken, their two decks are sanitized! Cannot believe anyone using a steam cleaner on exterior wood. Must be a couple of former carpet cleaners out of work.

James Foley

I used Hot Water all day the other day on wood. Came out awesome! And I've steamed cleaned Ipe ( no water) !!! Oil a little later ! Think outside the Wood Box.........

Jbruno

I hope Jim was kidding about steaming wood...

But Ken, how do you expect those guys to get the decks clean when they can't see through all the steam???

Terry Miller

Just another "You get what you pay for". Educating the customer is our best offense. Our best defense is staying away from folks that do shoddy work.