Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What I saw.. did a double take.

Default What I saw.. did a double take.

You know the sound from five miles away.. a pressure washer running that isn't your own. We were in a condo complex working last week when I hear the sound. Two guys were laboring hard dragging around this contraption.. They were using some very hot water on the decks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies

Default Re: What I saw.. did a double take.

What the heck is it?

It looks like a makeshift chariot from the movie "Chariot's of Fire"...LOL or in this case ...'Chariot's for Hire...
    [B]Carlos Gonzales[/B]
    [B]New Look Power Wash
    [URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com"]Pressure Wash in California[/URL][/B]
    [URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com/category/uncategorized"][B]California Pressure Washing Blog[/B][/URL]
    [B][URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com/california-pressure-wash-blog/pressure-wash-services-in-san-francisco.html"]Pressure Wash Services in San Francisco[/URL][/B]

Carlos, 5:30 am and pre-cofee and I nearly pee'd myself laughing at your response. You're right, it does look like a chariot..

Its some sort of electric and propane powered unit. It definitely does not look like it is supposed to be portable.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing

Ken,

Would have fooled me. Thought it was some high tech hazardous waste disposal unit. Would not want to be lugging that around condo decks, especially on soft ground.
    - Rick Petry
    Windsor WoodCare
    (609) 799-6093 office, (609) 468-7965 cell
    Central NJ deck restoration services
    Windsor WoodCare email

That is a high end Steam Cleaner. I think the name is Sentec but not sure.
    Diamond Jim's LLC
    Wood & Stone Restoration
    Pressure Cleaning
    Waterbury CT

James Foley

Quote Originally Posted by Everglaze View Post
    That is a high end Steam Cleaner. I think the name is Sentec but not sure.
    What? Someone is steam cleaning exterior wood? That is criminal, call the police!
    - Rick Petry
    Windsor WoodCare
    Windsor WoodCare email

Rick, I couldn't get a pic while they were cleaning as it would have been very obvious. They were enshrouded in steam (up to their waists) the entire time. We are actually heading to the complex today. I'll take a peek at the wood they were working on.

That's the only thing I am encountering with complexes up here, there are preferred vendor lists but the HOA's do not get involved with which contractor is hired to clean. Each H.O makes their own choice.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing

I had to look twice but at first thought it was a media (for graffitti)machine...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
    ... That's the only thing I am encountering with complexes up here, there are preferred vendor lists but the HOA's do not get involved with which contractor is hired to clean. Each H.O makes their own choice.
    Ken,

Somewhat different in my area of central NJ. Townhouse communities purchase cleaning services through the HOA, except in most cases, the rear decks.

Odd, for example I live in a townhouse. We have painted wood privacy fences between both rear decks and in the front of units. The HOA is responsible for maintenance. But each homeowner is responsible for their own individual deck.

I imagine it is due to the definition of "common property" as opposed to "resident owned" property.
    - Rick Petry
    Windsor WoodCare
    Windsor WoodCare email

http://www.smcwashers.com/fury.htm

Get the drool towels ready. This is going to be the next hot item.

• Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information