• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Hey Guys...whats this?

Carlos Gonzales

UNLESS THE HOOD TESTS POSITIVE FOR PERCHLORATE RESIDUE?

This came up in one of the bid (RFP's) that Matt is looking at for UAMCC KEC members. This particular bid involves

LABORATORY CHEMICAL 49 EACH
FUME HOODS

Roger, Trey, Michael, Dave...you guys do these.?

Let me know if you want Matt to snag this...I think he said the job is in TX ~ Dalllas area...

Michael Tessaro

Carlos, I read the spec on this and it is more like Asbestos abatement than KEC. The Bid I saw was for Flue and hood cleaning for UTSA San Antonio, TX. And it did include asbestos training and removal procedures. Definitely not my area of expertise.

RMedbery

Not something I do. Lab hoods can have some bad stuff in them. I dont think Id tackle one without extensive research in whatever it is Im trying to clean.

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
Kitchen Exhaust Systems, Hoods, Ducts, Fans, Vent Hoods, Grease Ducts

Bring them on.

Are you referring to air duct cleaning?

Michael, one of the guys that took the coil cleaning class right after the Vegas RT just ordered a lot of equipment from the Air Filter Manufacturer we toured to start cleaning ducts and just finished their school.

I notice there are a LOT of RFPs out there for that kind of work. I haven't gotten into it because I don't want to compete with my biggest supplier.

There is a lot of competition in that business because anybody with a vacuum cleaner claims to be a duct cleaner. But as an add on to an existing business it could be good extra income. Your existing business would give you credibility.

Dave Olson

Yes Carlos we do air ducts, trash chutes, bath room exhaust systems as well as KEC.

We just finished cleaning the inside of a 6500 gallon stainless steel mix tank for a local manufacturing company.

Next month we hope to be cleaning an air conveyor system, overhead pipe racks and 4 large HVAC units for a local food manufacturing plant.

Dave Olson

Jeff LeCours

Yes Carlos we do air ducts, trash chutes, bath room exhaust systems as well as KEC.

We just finished cleaning the inside of a 6500 gallon stainless steel mix tank for a local manufacturing company.

Next month we hope to be cleaning an air conveyor system, overhead pipe racks and 4 large HVAC units for a local food manufacturing plant.

Dave Olson

Dave seems like you do a lot of industrial cleaning...Do you also do sandblasting at all?

Years ago I did a ton of sandblasting in power plants, nuke plants, many industrial settings, bridges and tanks too. Just wondering if you do sandblasting

Maybe if any of our members do sandblasting we could look for those RFP's too, its all cleaning