• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

"rust-away", clr, mauratic acid stain removal???

Florin Nutu

I just received a call from a homeowner where their lawn service provider spilled iron on their new driveway and left rust stains. Then the lawn service provider used a product called "Rust-away", CLR, and then finally mauratic acid. All of that then left a mineral deposit on the driveway. They chalcked it up as a loss and sent it in to their insurance.

Is there anything I can try to remove the stain? I would be well compensated if I can rather than replacing the whole driveway.

Florin Nutu

If the staining has changed appearance, the contractor could have burned the concrete with the hydrochloric acid.

Just looked at it. It had light brown stain on about half of the driveway where they put their concocsion of chems. I did a test spot and applied some oxalic and it took away. It might be a lost cause though cause it was a brand new driveway and their mix took the cream off the top in spots and it will still look blotchy.

Is taking the rest of the cream off an option? to even it out?

Ken Fenner

That's where I remove myself from the equation, Florin. Green concrete or ruined cream layers tend to turn out with problems moreso than not. I'd tell them to follow through with their insurance claim. Sell them a house wash ;-)