Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Have You Ever Thought About Quitting This?

Default Re: Have You Ever Thought About Quitting This?

I had a plan coming into this. 5 years, sink or swim 5 years. I worked a "regular job" while building our business so I had a safety net. Pretty hard working 80 plus hrs at the time, but you get out of it what you put into it.

Simple answer.....No, never thought about quitting....Ever.

I quit every day when the work is done. And every day I get up and do it all over again.
    Quitting is a way of life, but not my life!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Chris Dubbs
    The Wash Wizards
    Fishers In.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Harrison View Post
    I've never thought of quitting the business of powerwashing, but I have let some services go. They are usually replaced by shorter time/higher rewards type of services. There are some stains that I have given up on in the past, like about 1000 times but something always pushes me to go back until I figure it out.

That's what I love about the biz is there are so many different ways and techniques to clean something. It's our jobs to figure out the right combination to make our jobs faster and more profitable.
    Craig you have no idea how that last paragraph is everything !!

Iowa July 19 & 20 free free text me for more details !!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Mendez View Post
    No not yet lol. I have actually been doing pretty good here in Maine. I think that maine is a little slower than the rest of the country when it comes to cleaning up their property. I am trying hard to spread the word and it can get frustrating at times. but I believe I will overcome the battle and start to flourish. AUDENTAS FORTUNA JUVAT.
    Steve that is a nice logo, where did you get the idea from???

Tristan Colborg
    Check us out online at thewashsquad.com or denver.pressurewashing.net
    Best Choice In Colorado For Your Pressure Washing Needs!
    1-877-422-WASH
    Denver, CO 80233

No. Never. I'm in it to win it! Like Chris Apple said " Failure is not an option". I have invested to much to quit now, besides I love this work. To me it's very satisfying and rewarding. Also there are some really good hearted people that are true to the industry and only want everyone who is serious about their business to succeed. It is good to have friends here who are willing to help a brother out when he ask for help. There is definitely a family type atmosphere here that makes things even better, for me anyway. Thanks to everybody who has taken the time to help me out when I needed it and thanks to all of you who have steered this ship in the direction it's going and making it what it is!

Rance Tilley
    Paducah, KY.
    270-366-5254

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Colborg View Post
    Steve that is a nice logo, where did you get the idea from???
    I must admit that i got the idea from yours. I do feel kinda sleazy about it. the balls in your court, if you want me to scrap it i will.
    Steven Mendez
    www.westernmainepressurewashing.com
    Residential Pressure Washing, Soft Washing, and Deck Cleaning and Staining
    207-935-4503

Absolutely, I even applied for a couple of jobs. FOrtunately for me, I wasn't hired. I know why, but I am good with it.
    Scott Stone
    The-washer@msn.com
    602-509-9741
    Office 480-834-3434

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Stone View Post
    Absolutely, I even applied for a couple of jobs. FOrtunately for me, I wasn't hired. I know why, but I am good with it.
    Wow, talk about a close call!
    Arkansas Pro Wash is an awesome Pressure Washing Company that specializes in Sidewalk Cleaning and Gum Removal. Check us out on Facebook. Call or Text 501-580-0223.<marquee> Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com </marquee>

It was a frustrating time in my life. Thankfully the hiring managers had a big enough ego to be afraid of what I had done. Last I heard, they were both unemployed within a year of to hiring me, due to incompetence. One of them was specifically told to hire me, and thought he had more influence then the president of the company. He could call that an unfortunate miscalculation.
    Like I said, it worked out well for me.
    Scott Stone
    The-washer@msn.com
    602-509-9741
    Office 480-834-3434

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information