Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Have You Ever Thought About Quitting This?

Exclamation Have You Ever Thought About Quitting This?

Just curious about how many washers out there thought one time or another to give it up. Has there been a moment in your business where you just said..."the He%% with it...I am done"?

What kept you in the game?
    [B]Carlos Gonzales[/B]
    [B]New Look Power Wash
    [URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com"]Pressure Wash in California[/URL][/B]
    [URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com/category/uncategorized"][B]California Pressure Washing Blog[/B][/URL]
    [B][URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com/california-pressure-wash-blog/pressure-wash-services-in-san-francisco.html"]Pressure Wash Services in San Francisco[/URL][/B]

Default Re: Have You Ever Thought About Quitting This?

I suppose there have been days when things were going wrong and I entertained the thought for a minute or two, but never seriously over those kinds of things.

I've given thought to doing other things and starting new ventures, but would most likely still operate this business as well.
    Don Phelps
    All Seasons Exteriors, Inc.
    Professional Non-Pressure
    Roof Cleaning
    (407) 579-4026
    1-866-91ROOFS
    www.floridaroofcleaners.com

Never!!!!!!!!
    Looser quit
    Winners never die!!!!!!!!

LOL all the way to the bank

No, I make too much money.

Nope, never. This has actually been my dream biz since I was 15.
    Florin Nutu
    ALL WASHED UP EXTERIOR CLEANING LLC
    206-380-4555

Seattle Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing
    email--- allwashedupexterior@gmail.com

Never, not even for a second.

This is our fourth (or is it fifth?, I'm tired) business and we've never quit any of them. We have sold some of them to make room for something more profitable, but never quit.

If you see the signs of impending doom that is completely out of your control its time to sell. And don't lie to the buyer, tell them about the doom. They will buy it anyway. (At least they did with one of ours).

For example, it would be stupid to be trying to run a telegraph company now. You've got to change with the times and if that means selling and moving to something else, you have to do it.
    Sonitx
    702-358-7477

Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

For example, it would be stupid to be trying to run a telegraph company now. You've got to change with the times and if that means selling and moving to something else, you have to do it.
    Maybe if we turn third world pager and telegraph might boom...LOL

I'd say in most company's the owners face challenges. Daily. The odds of having bad days every day decrease with education and training. All problems will not be settled because of the human factor. People are the difficulty when it comes to business. I call them the 100th customer. They will never be happy. Other factors which cause us to re think our business are products, employees and equipment. They all have a great part in determining whether we stay or go. Yes I have thought about buying a condo and selling hot dogs on the boardwalk. No I have never quit our business. Yes I have walked off a customers job. All in a days work. The reason we stay in bad times, is because we always have tomorrow! LOL Thank you.
    Our Passion is Coatings,
    Our Obsession is Service!

Terry Miller COO
    Tegrey Family of Coatings inc.
    330-418-8955

Every day it rains. But then we'll do $5000 on a sunny day and that brings a stupid grin to my face.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies

every day this week, but that is passing
    JC Power Wash & Soft Wash LLC
    Jim Chesmore
    609-412-3033
    www.JCSoftWash.com

• Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information