• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Roof wash

Terry Miller

Jeff,
Maybe you can give me some hints on condos I've estimated. They are the roofs only, only 1 side. Here is a photo. There are only about 50 so it is not to big a job. I figure about 5 a day. What is your take? Thanks King! LOL

Attachments

• June Projects 208528735.jpg
    June Projects 208528735.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 67

Terry Miller

Thanks Jim.
We just got into roofs this year and a few last year. We bought the bandit from Bob W. and what a great machine. So far all is going well. My concerns would be each homeowners personality. They will all react different as to their concerns. Killing vegatation, clean windows, damage to their property. Working with a large group is different from HO. I hope to set up a HO association talk to help relieve their tensions? Our area offers very little in the way of roof cleaning. I have a great opourtunity if I can show them the Value and benefits of roof washing. Thank you.

Ken Fenner

You gonna walk those roofs, Terr? :rofl: Ten more degrees and that looks like it would be vertical.

The biggest issue us newbies at condos are facing is water supply. I'm sure Jim will jump in here. Some people get violent over using their water for more than just their property.

Terry Miller

Ken,
I believe I can shoot them from the gutters without problem. I agree we do have condo problems with water. The folks who pay their own water feel we are stealing from them. I usually offer them $20. to fill my tank up. 100gal. Any other suggestions? Thank you.

David Vicars

I don't understand. Are you dealing with each H/O or the HOA board?

Most will not be home when you do the work. So the little water you use should not be an issue.
They will come home and say WOW.

Terry Miller

David,
These folks are retired. They will probably be home, especially if they know we are coming. I will be dealing with a HO association. I will specify they contact the HO ass. if they have any questions? If we do it, we will WOW them. Thank you.

David Vicars

David,
These folks are retired. They will probably be home, especially if they know we are coming. I will be dealing with a HO association. I will specify they contact the HO ass. if they have any questions? If we do it, we will WOW them. Thank you.

Good luck, I hope you get it Terry.

The part in red made me laugh.:biggrin:

Scott Davis

Terry, you can easily shoot those from the gutter, even on a windy day with the bandit.

As for the water I have never had anyone say anything about it. Just tell them that you can either use their water or tack on an extra $50 per house to haul in your own. The amount of water used wont even put a blip on their bill anyways.

The condos we've done, we've gone through the HOA's also and the managers deal with the homeowners concerns. Just make it abundantly clear on your bid that if anything is damaged that you are fully insured and will be held responsible for repairs. Make sure when you send in your bid be very thorough. Include

1. Your method
2. The precautions you take to protect the clients property
3. Copies of your insurance (WC and Liability)

HOA's like to have all of the info right up front and not have to search you down for more info.

As for price, im not sure what your prices are in your area, but for just the front of a building like that and taking into account that there are 50 of them, I would charge somewhere around $225-$250 if they have gutters and $275-$300 if they dont have gutters.

On the bid I would break it down per building, per unit, and total cost for the entire job. It just eliminates any questions.

If I can think of anything else, ill post it

Terry Miller

Scott, Thanks for the info. I am actually a little higher in price then what you mentioned. The info is excellent. I hope to hear from them soon. Thanks Again.

Scott Davis

Scott, Thanks for the info. I am actually a little higher in price then what you mentioned. The info is excellent. I hope to hear from them soon. Thanks Again.

Like I said that would be in my area. Someone in SC may charge $500 + per building. In my area there would be 5 guys charging $100.

Keep us updated!