• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Labor for Learning

SuperNewbie

I'm looking for a contractor to trade labor for learning. I've done a few decks on my own, but I would like to gain more experience, i.e. stripping, staining, chemical selection, time saving techniques. I would like to stay in the Midwest, but will travel anywhere for the right opportunity.

Thanks

SuperNewbie

Ken, I've talked to a couple of contractors from the BBS in my area. Some say they don't have much wood restoration going on, or they don't return my phone calls or e-mails. I realize this is a very busy time of year for them. Deach (Paintbusters) is the only one to respond in my area. That is why I have expanded my search for "Labor for Learning" to a larger area. I would like to learn from a "pro".

So what about your company, Ken? Do you do LFL?

Thanks

Ken Fenner

I've turned down more guys than not. First, you have to have your own liability and workman's comp insurance. Being in a different state, that would present an issue with the W/C. The second issue I had was that it slowed the process down too much for us. I have done it in the past but when asked now I generally say no.

Do you know what products to use and the actual process? If you own a deck that is a good place to start. Talk to relatives and offer them a free service. As you go along, come back here and post questions. I will do my best to guide you along if you cannot find someone local.

DJ Carroll

I've turned down more guys than not. First, you have to have your own liability and workman's comp insurance. Being in a different state, that would present an issue with the W/C. The second issue I had was that it slowed the process down too much for us. I have done it in the past but when asked now I generally say no.

Do you know what products to use and the actual process? If you own a deck that is a good place to start. Talk to relatives and offer them a free service. As you go along, come back here and post questions. I will do my best to guide you along if you cannot find someone local.

Pay attention dude ... it wasn't long ago I started... I wouldn't be where i am if it wasn't for Ken...

http://www.powerwashnetwork.com/power-washing/10118-messed-up-quote-what-do-i-do.html

Roger Gothorp

It's about a 14 hour drive for you but we have some decent projects coming up in the next several weeks. Feel free to give us a call.

Celeste