Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: What is the toughest part of your job?

  1. #11

    Default Re: What is the toughest part of your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by John Doherty View Post
    Putting down the wand. Not because I love it but because I worry the guys won't do it the way I would.
    That is the hardest step to ever take in this business and in most contractor type business that you can start as a lone employee. But putting down the wand is critical if you want to make alot more money and also if you want to stay in good health when you get into old age

  • #12

    Default Re: What is the toughest part of your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by John Doherty View Post
    Putting down the wand. Not because I love it but because I worry the guys won't do it the way I would.
    True...it wasn't that long ago that I would still climb up on the roofs to make sure that gutter lines were cleaned!
    [B]Carlos Gonzales[/B]
    [B]New Look Power Wash
    [URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com"]Pressure Wash in California[/URL][/B]
    [URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com/category/uncategorized"][B]California Pressure Washing Blog[/B][/URL]
    [B][URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com/california-pressure-wash-blog/pressure-wash-services-in-san-francisco.html"]Pressure Wash Services in San Francisco[/URL][/B]

  • #13

    Default Re: What is the toughest part of your job?

    Hands down for me its time issues.. . . which means getting up earlier and going to bed later ... im teadering right on that edge of having enough work to step back totally and concentrate on the "office stuff" ....
    DJ Carroll
    President of [COLOR=Blue]EasyPro[/COLOR] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Property Services[/COLOR], LLC.
    502-525-EASY
    Carrollton, KY 41008
    [URL="http://www.easypropropertyservices.com"]Pressure Washing in Louisville, KY[/URL]
    [FONT=monospace]
    [/FONT]

  • #14

    Default Re: What is the toughest part of your job?

    Not having enough time to get to the bank to cash all these checks

    Just playing.. there's always time for that.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies




  • #15

    Default Re: What is the toughest part of your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyPro View Post
    Hands down for me its time issues.. . . which means getting up earlier and going to bed later ... im teadering right on that edge of having enough work to step back totally and concentrate on the "office stuff" ....
    I found it helped me to ween myself off the daily work/washing. Some day I worked , others I didnt. I still stayed in the field, but as time went on I walked away more and more from the washing until I didnt have to wash at all. It was a great relief and doing it slowly worked for me

    Just remember quality control. I have some good workers, really good, but I check behind them often, daily. No one will ever care about your biz as much as you will

    Ween yourself off if you are at the paoint, but stay on top of everything. I may not wash, but I wear a lot of hats still. I will tell you, its nice not to do the work and it definitly gave me time to grow my biz

    Good luck DJ, congrats on what I see is some great success

  • #16

    Default Re: What is the toughest part of your job?

    I am going to have to change my answer.....

    For me it as been finding the lead man that I can have them help me step away from the wand. I have found plenty great guys that are "I point and they go" kind of guys. They will bust their hinds day in and day out but do not have the customer relation skills, profesionalism that I expect when I am not around or self motivators/thinkers. I will be trying out my 6th guy in two months tomorrow. He is young but a very smart kid. He is not from any contractor field that I have been hiring from and maybe that will be the answer. My hopes is to groom him into my role on the day to day jobs and put a couple guys under him.
    Florin Nutu
    ALL WASHED UP EXTERIOR CLEANING LLC
    206-380-4555

    Seattle Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing
    email--- allwashedupexterior@gmail.com

  • #17

    Default Re: What is the toughest part of your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by FLORIN View Post
    I am going to have to change my answer.....

    For me it as been finding the lead man that I can have them help me step away from the wand. I have found plenty great guys that are "I point and they go" kind of guys. They will bust their hinds day in and day out but do not have the customer relation skills, profesionalism that I expect when I am not around or self motivators/thinkers. I will be trying out my 6th guy in two months tomorrow. He is young but a very smart kid. He is not from any contractor field that I have been hiring from and maybe that will be the answer. My hopes is to groom him into my role on the day to day jobs and put a couple guys under him.
    I would also have to say putting down the wand is a critical part in expanding your business. How do you expect to answer and see 6-8 people per day if you are behind a wand 8 hours a day. Train your guys well,Treat them well and they will intern work well for the company.Training is a huge part of the business. We will most likely wash over 350 homes this summer. I would never be able to do this myself behind the wand.

    Jimmy V
    James VanHandel
    Pressure Washing, Roof, Restaurant, Parking garage, Commercial building restoration
    All of new jersey
    609-738-3100
    innovativewash@aol.com
    www.innovativepressurecleaning.com

  • #18

    Default Re: What is the toughest part of your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by John-Clean County PW View Post
    But putting down the wand is critical if you want to make alot more money and also if you want to stay in good health when you get into old age
    So true John!
    John Doherty
    Garden State Mobile Wash, LLC

    Commercial and Residential Pressure Washing Companies Offering Cleaning
    of Roofs and House Washing Services.

  • #19

    Default Re: What is the toughest part of your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyPro View Post
    Hands down for me its time issues.. . . which means getting up earlier and going to bed later ... im teadering right on that edge of having enough work to step back totally and concentrate on the "office stuff" ....
    DJ,
    If you are getting ready to sit back and watch your biz grow, without working, you are the man. I have been working for 12 years and just the last 2 have not painted. I still have to run the biz and PW. You must be doing very well. Keep up the good work.
    Our Passion is Coatings,
    Our Obsession is Service!

    Terry Miller COO
    Tegrey Family of Coatings inc.
    330-418-8955

  • #20

    Default Re: What is the toughest part of your job?

    Quote Originally Posted by John-Clean County PW View Post
    That is the hardest step to ever take in this business and in most contractor type business that you can start as a lone employee. But putting down the wand is critical if you want to make alot more money and also if you want to stay in good health when you get into old age
    Thats the problem I'm having right now ,I have one part time helper , I need Tommy John surgery , and the phone is ringing off the hook , not enough hours in a day and Im working like a dog (wounded dog).uggg time to take two advil and go to bed .
    Marc Cournoyer
    Comes A Time Powerwashing
    35 Secret Lake Rd
    Canton CT 06019

    860-693-1465 H
    860-205-3516 C

  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Single Sign On provided by vBSSO