• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Is 15 cents to much?

Nick Campanale

Jim,

$1600 and some change. I would have lost the sale if I just hard lined but the guy wanted us to do this deck so I went out and met with him to do a property evaluation.

Nick, believe it. We have totally different models. I'll yank your chain even more. If a job is more than 25 miles away I turn it down flat regardless of the size. My territory extends maybe ten miles from home base and I could double that and add 3 more crews. This area is definitely different than Florida or some of the more rural areas guys live/work in. I wouldn't own a pressure washing company in Florida.. too much work to make a living.

Maybe when I make my move from this swamp I will go up to Bucks County, I have always loved it up there. I worked all around PA doing commercial work, but never thought that their would be alot of residential work to be had.

Kevin Palladino

Contributing Member
In Connecticut when giving a house wash estimate I always include the front steps and sidewalk especially if they have a large flat work piece in the back yard. Once the customers see the work in the front they won't question the price of the rear patio or driveway.

Jeff LeCours

Maybe when I make my move from this swamp I will go up to Bucks County, I have always loved it up there. I worked all around PA doing commercial work, but never thought that their would be alot of residential work to be had.

You would actually think of going back to the COLD weather? Man I just couldnt go back up North, Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Nick Campanale

You would actually think of going back to the COLD weather? Man I just couldnt go back up North, Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

To much lowballing down here to make any money. Things have really changed down here over the last few years, and if there is alot of work up north I would consider it. I would of course keep my Homes down here in FL and rent something up there and see how it goes.

I am working on some big contracts up north right now in the NY and Chicago areas anyway so if things go well it would be worth the move. Hope you guy's have a great time at the R/T Sounds more like a rumble at the beach LOL tell Lisa I said hey....Talk Soon.:coool:

Rodney Brown

I think it to low for residential. Everything should depend on how long it takes and the amout of supplies like gas ,chemicals etc..everyone should have a set minimum so they can stay in business ..

Gene Beck

I don't know about anyone else but our drive ways start at 150.00. And that's only if I have several other jobs in the area. When ever you price a job don't forget to take into consideration the hidden cost, travel to and from job, fuel, is it cash? check? Credit Card? (that'll cost a couple of percentage points) Insurance, workmans comp, liablity insurance. Joe the Ragman doesn't have those so his price reflects it. We tell every customer that says they want to use the "lower priced guy" about our insurance, and more importantly how they are liable if the other guy doesn't have it. We get about 50% of those customers to use us instead. How about demand for a particular service? Lot's of pressure washers want the $500+ cleaning jobs but walk away from drive ways. So price them accordingly. Sell your self first, your quality second. Remember these clients aren't buying your time, they are buying your results. ie if your equipment/experience allows you to finish in 45 minutes should you charge less than some one who takes two hours?

Jillian Shelton

Contributing Member
I was wondering what others were charging for residential flatwork. I am currently charging 15 cent a square foot and keep getting crazy looks. I sell the account but was wondering what others charge.

This I think is ok if its for like a residential community with alot of square feet, not for one residential.

David Besse

I have a minimum on house wash, driveway and gutter cleaning but not for roofs. Starting in 2013 prices are going up (cause of cost) and I will now have a minimum on roof cleaning.

Chris Apple

If I'm talking to a residential price shopper I try to be quick to let them l know I'll be higher than most.

Of course it would be a different story if we were strapped for work.

Joseph Rogers

If I'm talking to a residential price shopper I try to be quick to let them l know I'll be higher than most.

Of course it would be a different story if we were strapped for work.

Agreed. If I get the feeling someone is price shopping me for their carpet cleaning, I'll explain to them up front that I am NOT gonna be the cheapest guy out there. I'll measure up the square footage, then I have a 10 step "Process" presentation I go over them with, and give them the price. They don't need square footage price...they need to hear the overall price, and feel comfortable in your professionality.

I charge a LOT per square foot. Not quite as much as Ron, but about twice as much as the more expensive guys on here. I also go above and beyond on the cleaning. I hear "My carpets have NEVER looked this good before" from clients who have their carpets cleaned regularly, pretty often.

You've got to pick your market, and stick to it.

I was wondering what others were charging for residential flatwork. I am currently charging 15 cent a square foot and keep getting crazy looks. I sell the account but was wondering what others charge.

I never quote a cost per sf. I may measure to drive if it is big or also has a circle driveway but my minimum is $250 so many times I will tell the customer that for $250 I can clean the driveway and while I'm here I'll clean the patio or their vinyl siding or their sidewalks or the chimney or something to make my $250 sound like a good deal. Many times it will grow into $300 - $500. Once your are there give them a shopping list. Last month I went to a house and quoted $250 for a drive and circle drive and some sidewalks. While I was there I quoted the patio, garage floor, back patio, and some stairs and told them these prices were good if there were done while I was there to do the drive. I arrived to do a $250 job and left with $600.

I have a $250 minimum and I charge .10/ft against $250. So, needless to day, I don't do any $75 jobs. I usually quote other things (home exterior, sidewalks, patios, etc) and can end up at $400 -$600. Some I get and some I don't, but when I'm working, I'm making money.

We have a $250 minimum charge so on most residential bids I usually tell them I'll do the driveway and side walks and maybe a backyard patio for the minimum and then try to upsell them to their roof or home. I never use a sf price on residential, only commercial. And them I don't tell the customer anything but a cost to doing a building or parking lot or what ever.