Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is 15 cents to much?

Default Re: Is 15 cents to much?

Down here in Florida, or at least in my small town, 12 cents per s.f. is typical for residential. There are plenty of fly-by-nighters that will PW for MUCH less than that. My trip minimum is $95 which will cause many prospects to call someone else who just wants their driveway and sidewalk cleaned (lots of old people will only pay $50 for this). I did do a very small driveway (4 cars could park on it) recently after cleaning a house next door for $50 since I was already there. The guy had a hard time writing the check after I made his driveway beautiful in just 30 minutes with him saying I make very good money at $100/hr. He was amazed at his new driveway though!

As far as commercial goes, all the 36 public schools in this county get PW'd for .05 per s.f. I bid .095 last week on a strip center (10,000 s.f.) with gum removal only at the 4 entry doors and got creamed by a .075 bid. Too many contractors chasing too few jobs!!!
    David Styles
    High Tide Exterior Cleaning Solutions
    St. Augustine, FL 32095

http://hightidecleaning.com/
    www.facebook.com/HighTideCleaning

Way to go everyone....

For a year on another site, I have been asking for everyone to try and get more. Though I am not back east, I just could not see anyone not getting at least 10 cents.

We are at .24 per sq ft. I was told not happening back east. You guys have proved them wrong.

Again... WAY TO GO GUYS !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
    15 cents on residential is way low. Most resi drveways are what.. 500 s/f or less? That's $75. That may be okay as an add-on to a $500 house wash. Doing driveways by themselves at that rate will quickly put you out of business.
    Hi Pressure Pro,

I have a not washed a driveway in my area less then 1000 square feet, I am new to the pressure washing side of my business but I charge a min of 125 to go out and do a pressure washing job. There has not been a time when I have went out and gotten less then that.
    Adrian Gentry
    Pressure Professors Inc
    678-920-4153

My minimum here for a driveway is $125 if it is an add on and $150 if it is all that im doing. And that minimum is for a 1 car garage and it goes up from there. I dont do sq ft price for residential. For some reason the customer over analyzes what you are charging and decides to see if he can go cheaper. I give them a total price. Most homeowners have tried doing it themselves a time or two and with their machines took em all day so a price of 150 is a deal. I remind them of that when I am selling them the service.
    Florin Nutu
    ALL WASHED UP EXTERIOR CLEANING LLC
    206-380-4555

Seattle Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing
    email--- allwashedupexterior@gmail.com

I would say .15 is way low for any onetime cleaning of any concrete.

Our residential new construction is around is around .15 and we get 200 homes per track.

I would say a Ken's .75 would be right on track for one time residential. Of course 400ft minimum would be 300.00....

Everyones operating an choice of profit is there own.

We do these tracks 5 a day for 250 each one man crew. 1500 sqft .43 each

I feel you about having mins. on jobs. My jobs start at 150.00. I put a bid in last week for the county for doing some library's in my area there was about 15 of them. Some of them are pretty good size they also wanted the concrete around them cleaned too. I put a bid in around 18000 to clean everything. Some one came out and put a bid in for.6080.00 for everything WOW

Concrete cleaning is even worst I give them a total price instead of sq ft price
    Bryan Otten
    Action Plus Pressure Cleaning Inc.
    www.actionpluspressurecleaninginc.com
    e-mail ....action_plus_pc@yahoo.com[/FONT]
    1-386756-0630

Quote Originally Posted by Jim@GarageCleaning View Post
    Way to go everyone....

For a year on another site, I have been asking for everyone to try and get more. Though I am not back east, I just could not see anyone not getting at least 10 cents.

We are at .24 per sq ft. I was told not happening back east. You guys have proved them wrong.

Again... WAY TO GO GUYS !!!!

Jim, these guy's are quoting 15/20 cents for driveway jobs!! None of them are getting 24cents for commercial work. Like some have said before, down here in FL the going rate for a driveway is $35.00 to maybe $100.00 for a huge oversize Driveway.

In the real world of commercial work here and in many areas 3/4 cents a sq ft is common or you dont work!! Plus I hardly beleive half of these guy's with there $200.00 and $400.00 dollar min, what are they Doctors!!
    Nick Campanale / Since 1993
    Commercial Flat work, and anything else that can be washed!!

727-919-1591

http://nickspowerwash.com/

cleaner2141@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
    +1

Jim and I service the same type of areas and have a similar business model. My mins. are a bit higher. $400 on washing service and $800 on decks. I looked at a referral yesterday and the wood came out to $500 as per measurement. Customer was not happy that I declined the job. The next question was "what else can we have done to make it worth your while?" Final sale: house wash, one side of a roof, the deck and a gazebo clean and stain.

Its not the same everywhere and I understand that. My customers are targeted, high end residential. I have 32 weeks to hit my numbers for the year so the minimums are necessary to weed out the smaller work.
    What was the final price of this sale?
    JC Power Wash & Soft Wash LLC
    Jim Chesmore
    609-412-3033
    www.JCSoftWash.com

Quote Originally Posted by JCinNJ View Post
    What was the final price of this sale?
    Jim,

$1600 and some change. I would have lost the sale if I just hard lined but the guy wanted us to do this deck so I went out and met with him to do a property evaluation.

Nick, believe it. We have totally different models. I'll yank your chain even more. If a job is more than 25 miles away I turn it down flat regardless of the size. My territory extends maybe ten miles from home base and I could double that and add 3 more crews. This area is definitely different than Florida or some of the more rural areas guys live/work in. I wouldn't own a pressure washing company in Florida.. too much work to make a living.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies

Same Over here in my area I had a guy call me to clean his 1 car driveway no sidewalk and a small pad behind his house I told him 125.00 and he told me that he had it done for 40.00 last time he had it cleaned I told him not by me he didn't . I asked him if e wanted me to still clean his driveway and Patio. I told him it would be 125.00 he stop for a min. and asked me when I could do the work for him.. On my books to clean for him.
    Bryan Otten
    Action Plus Pressure Cleaning Inc.
    www.actionpluspressurecleaninginc.com
    e-mail ....action_plus_pc@yahoo.com[/FONT]
    1-386756-0630

• Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information