Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is 15 cents to much?

Default Is 15 cents to much?

I was wondering what others were charging for residential flatwork. I am currently charging 15 cent a square foot and keep getting crazy looks. I sell the account but was wondering what others charge.
    Adrian Gentry
    Pressure Professors Inc
    678-920-4153

Default Re: Is 15 cents to much?

It all depends on what you need to turn a profit, period. Don't worry about what others charge and you'll do fine. It drives me nuts when people post pricing on these boards. It's the single best way to make everyone lose money. Don't help the lowballers........

Adrian, instead of quoting your square foot price to a homeowner, give them the total instead. It's easier for the residential customer to understand the final price than doing the math. If you tell "Joe Homeowner" your 2000 sq ft driveway is $0.15 per square foot it freaks them out. If you tell them "your driveway will be $300.00" they can compute it easier.
    Mike Schoeben
    A-1 PRESSURE WASHING, LLC
    Serving the Twin Cities Metro area since 2000
    763-300-7128 / Champlin, MN

http://www.a-1pressurewashing.com

Thanks Mike that is great info. I by no means want to lowball, It does not make sense to.
    Adrian Gentry
    Pressure Professors Inc
    678-920-4153

That is great info I going to start doing that myself great info sound like help to close the deal also.

15 cents on residential is way low. Most resi drveways are what.. 500 s/f or less? That's $75. That may be okay as an add-on to a $500 house wash. Doing driveways by themselves at that rate will quickly put you out of business.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies

15 cents on residential is way low
    Ken, I agree, but again I will emphasize "you need to charge whatever YOU need to turn a profit". You and I may need .25 or more to make it profitable, or even consider it, but Adrian may be good to go with .15

Don't let others dictate your pricing, it's that simple. A $75 dollar driveway may be great $$ if you're charging $99 for the housewash
    Mike Schoeben
    A-1 PRESSURE WASHING, LLC
    Serving the Twin Cities Metro area since 2000
    763-300-7128 / Champlin, MN

http://www.a-1pressurewashing.com

I am happy to hear that 15 + cents is being made. Last year some said I was crazy to even think of going higher. ( Granted I only do commercial ).

But still... it's good to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim@GarageCleaning View Post
    I am happy to hear that 15 + cents is being made. Last year some said I was crazy to even think of going higher. ( Granted I only do commercial ).

But still... it's good to hear it.
    We are getting .25 cents all day residential. We also have a minimum of $225 for any service. This makes the customer bunch services. say a customer calls and wants just front walk and steps. We tell them about our minimum price and ask if they would like to bundle a few services 99% of the time we sell a hose wash and bring in more than the $225. Works well for us.

Jimmy V
    James VanHandel
    Pressure Washing, Roof, Restaurant, Parking garage, Commercial building restoration
    All of new jersey
    609-738-3100
    innovativewash@aol.com
    www.innovativepressurecleaning.com

Thats what we charge to "reclaim". Gonna try to get more on this next job though ( commercial ). Like Ken said, we get anywhere from 50 to 75 as an add on to the house wash..... If all they want is a driveway cleaning? It starts at 100, unless its around the corner from you (in your subdivision).

Eric .......... Go UAMCC
    Eric and Jenny Flinn
    TX Gulf Coast Power Washing, LLC
    Galveston County, TX
    832-289-WASH
    Hood Cleaning Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Innovativewash View Post
    We are getting .25 cents all day residential. We also have a minimum of $225 for any service. This makes the customer bunch services. say a customer calls and wants just front walk and steps. We tell them about our minimum price and ask if they would like to bundle a few services 99% of the time we sell a hose wash and bring in more than the $225. Works well for us.

Jimmy V

+1

Jim and I service the same type of areas and have a similar business model. My mins. are a bit higher. $400 on washing service and $800 on decks. I looked at a referral yesterday and the wood came out to $500 as per measurement. Customer was not happy that I declined the job. The next question was "what else can we have done to make it worth your while?" Final sale: house wash, one side of a roof, the deck and a gazebo clean and stain.

Its not the same everywhere and I understand that. My customers are targeted, high end residential. I have 32 weeks to hit my numbers for the year so the minimums are necessary to weed out the smaller work.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies

• Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information