• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Is 15 cents to much?

Detail Pro

I was wondering what others were charging for residential flatwork. I am currently charging 15 cent a square foot and keep getting crazy looks. I sell the account but was wondering what others charge.

Mike Schoeben

It all depends on what you need to turn a profit, period. Don't worry about what others charge and you'll do fine. It drives me nuts when people post pricing on these boards. It's the single best way to make everyone lose money. Don't help the lowballers........

Adrian, instead of quoting your square foot price to a homeowner, give them the total instead. It's easier for the residential customer to understand the final price than doing the math. If you tell "Joe Homeowner" your 2000 sq ft driveway is $0.15 per square foot it freaks them out. If you tell them "your driveway will be $300.00" they can compute it easier.

Ken Fenner

15 cents on residential is way low. Most resi drveways are what.. 500 s/f or less? That's $75. That may be okay as an add-on to a $500 house wash. Doing driveways by themselves at that rate will quickly put you out of business.

Mike Schoeben

15 cents on residential is way low
Ken, I agree, but again I will emphasize "you need to charge whatever YOU need to turn a profit". You and I may need .25 or more to make it profitable, or even consider it, but Adrian may be good to go with .15

Don't let others dictate your pricing, it's that simple. A $75 dollar driveway may be great $$ if you're charging $99 for the housewash :rolleyes:

I am happy to hear that 15 + cents is being made. Last year some said I was crazy to even think of going higher. ( Granted I only do commercial ).

But still... it's good to hear it.

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
I am happy to hear that 15 + cents is being made. Last year some said I was crazy to even think of going higher. ( Granted I only do commercial ).

But still... it's good to hear it.

We are getting .25 cents all day residential. We also have a minimum of $225 for any service. This makes the customer bunch services. say a customer calls and wants just front walk and steps. We tell them about our minimum price and ask if they would like to bundle a few services 99% of the time we sell a hose wash and bring in more than the $225. Works well for us.

Jimmy V

Eric Flynn

Thats what we charge to "reclaim". Gonna try to get more on this next job though ( commercial ). Like Ken said, we get anywhere from 50 to 75 as an add on to the house wash..... If all they want is a driveway cleaning? It starts at 100, unless its around the corner from you (in your subdivision).

Eric .......... Go UAMCC:clap:

Ken Fenner

We are getting .25 cents all day residential. We also have a minimum of $225 for any service. This makes the customer bunch services. say a customer calls and wants just front walk and steps. We tell them about our minimum price and ask if they would like to bundle a few services 99% of the time we sell a hose wash and bring in more than the $225. Works well for us.

Jimmy V

+1

Jim and I service the same type of areas and have a similar business model. My mins. are a bit higher. $400 on washing service and $800 on decks. I looked at a referral yesterday and the wood came out to $500 as per measurement. Customer was not happy that I declined the job. The next question was "what else can we have done to make it worth your while?" Final sale: house wash, one side of a roof, the deck and a gazebo clean and stain.

Its not the same everywhere and I understand that. My customers are targeted, high end residential. I have 32 weeks to hit my numbers for the year so the minimums are necessary to weed out the smaller work.

David Styles

UAMCC-Member
Down here in Florida, or at least in my small town, 12 cents per s.f. is typical for residential. There are plenty of fly-by-nighters that will PW for MUCH less than that. My trip minimum is $95 which will cause many prospects to call someone else who just wants their driveway and sidewalk cleaned (lots of old people will only pay $50 for this). I did do a very small driveway (4 cars could park on it) recently after cleaning a house next door for $50 since I was already there. The guy had a hard time writing the check after I made his driveway beautiful in just 30 minutes with him saying I make very good money at $100/hr. He was amazed at his new driveway though!

As far as commercial goes, all the 36 public schools in this county get PW'd for .05 per s.f. I bid .095 last week on a strip center (10,000 s.f.) with gum removal only at the 4 entry doors and got creamed by a .075 bid. Too many contractors chasing too few jobs!!!

Way to go everyone....

For a year on another site, I have been asking for everyone to try and get more. Though I am not back east, I just could not see anyone not getting at least 10 cents.

We are at .24 per sq ft. I was told not happening back east. You guys have proved them wrong.

Again... WAY TO GO GUYS !!!!

Detail Pro

15 cents on residential is way low. Most resi drveways are what.. 500 s/f or less? That's $75. That may be okay as an add-on to a $500 house wash. Doing driveways by themselves at that rate will quickly put you out of business.

Hi Pressure Pro,

I have a not washed a driveway in my area less then 1000 square feet, I am new to the pressure washing side of my business but I charge a min of 125 to go out and do a pressure washing job. There has not been a time when I have went out and gotten less then that.

Florin Nutu

My minimum here for a driveway is $125 if it is an add on and $150 if it is all that im doing. And that minimum is for a 1 car garage and it goes up from there. I dont do sq ft price for residential. For some reason the customer over analyzes what you are charging and decides to see if he can go cheaper. I give them a total price. Most homeowners have tried doing it themselves a time or two and with their machines took em all day so a price of 150 is a deal. I remind them of that when I am selling them the service.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
I would say .15 is way low for any onetime cleaning of any concrete.

Our residential new construction is around is around .15 and we get 200 homes per track.

I would say a Ken's .75 would be right on track for one time residential. Of course 400ft minimum would be 300.00....

Everyones operating an choice of profit is there own.

We do these tracks 5 a day for 250 each one man crew. 1500 sqft .43 each

SheaHomes0001-1.jpg

Bryan Otten

I feel you about having mins. on jobs. My jobs start at 150.00. I put a bid in last week for the county for doing some library's in my area there was about 15 of them. Some of them are pretty good size they also wanted the concrete around them cleaned too. I put a bid in around 18000 to clean everything. Some one came out and put a bid in for.6080.00 for everything WOW
:headshakesmile-fast:headshakesmile-fast:headshakesmile-fast
Concrete cleaning is even worst I give them a total price instead of sq ft price

Nick Campanale

Way to go everyone....

For a year on another site, I have been asking for everyone to try and get more. Though I am not back east, I just could not see anyone not getting at least 10 cents.

We are at .24 per sq ft. I was told not happening back east. You guys have proved them wrong.

Again... WAY TO GO GUYS !!!!

Jim, these guy's are quoting 15/20 cents for driveway jobs!! None of them are getting 24cents for commercial work. Like some have said before, down here in FL the going rate for a driveway is $35.00 to maybe $100.00 for a huge oversize Driveway.

In the real world of commercial work here and in many areas 3/4 cents a sq ft is common or you dont work!! Plus I hardly beleive half of these guy's with there $200.00 and $400.00 dollar min, what are they Doctors!!:cool:

Jim Chesmore

+1

Jim and I service the same type of areas and have a similar business model. My mins. are a bit higher. $400 on washing service and $800 on decks. I looked at a referral yesterday and the wood came out to $500 as per measurement. Customer was not happy that I declined the job. The next question was "what else can we have done to make it worth your while?" Final sale: house wash, one side of a roof, the deck and a gazebo clean and stain.

Its not the same everywhere and I understand that. My customers are targeted, high end residential. I have 32 weeks to hit my numbers for the year so the minimums are necessary to weed out the smaller work.

What was the final price of this sale?

Ken Fenner

What was the final price of this sale?

Jim,

$1600 and some change. I would have lost the sale if I just hard lined but the guy wanted us to do this deck so I went out and met with him to do a property evaluation.

Nick, believe it. We have totally different models. I'll yank your chain even more. If a job is more than 25 miles away I turn it down flat regardless of the size. My territory extends maybe ten miles from home base and I could double that and add 3 more crews. This area is definitely different than Florida or some of the more rural areas guys live/work in. I wouldn't own a pressure washing company in Florida.. too much work to make a living.

Bryan Otten

Same Over here in my area I had a guy call me to clean his 1 car driveway no sidewalk and a small pad behind his house I told him 125.00 and he told me that he had it done for 40.00 last time he had it cleaned I told him not by me he didn't . I asked him if e wanted me to still clean his driveway and Patio. I told him it would be 125.00 he stop for a min. and asked me when I could do the work for him.. On my books to clean for him.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: