• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

New Work

Terry Miller

I am interested in any suggestion for a possible new project. It will be cleaning the Bleachers at a local HS stadium. I assume they are aluminum and not sure what will be involved. I am about to look at the project now. I will post photos of what I see and relay them to this post. Any help would be appreciated. We have never done this type project and have no clue as to whether charge by the lin. ft. or what chems to use. Thank you.

Terry Miller

I measured and found roughly 14,000 sq. ft. of cleaning. All aluminium and easy to get to. The top side only, including the Press Box, all seating, steps and ramps. No Concrete, etc. Here are a few photos. Thank You.

Attachments

• July Projects 08530.jpg
    July Projects 08530.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 29
  • July Projects 07630.jpg
    July Projects 07630.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 27
  • July Projects 07730.jpg
    July Projects 07730.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 32
  • July Projects 08830.jpg
    July Projects 08830.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 29
  • July Projects 09030.jpg
    July Projects 09030.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

The Cleaning Doctor

Contributing Member
I don't have any experience with this type of thing but just from common sense I would probably just stick with hot water and leave it at that since aluminum is such a soft metal. Maybe some of the house wash chems would help. How about some of the brightener for some of the fleet washing. Like they use on the aluminum trailers to make them shiny.

They seem to do a good job keeping the gum at bay.(good thing you are not doing the underside) LOL

Just curious how you were thinking on bidding just for my own thoughts to get my head around it. 2 guys 2 days or what? Basically double the flat work rate because this is going to be a wanding job? The reason I ask is that I am just getting into the PW side and am trying to get my head around thing. Hard to do when your eyes are crossed from all the reading. Looks like a good gig though.

How about only cleaning the home field side though? HA HA!

DJ Carroll

Terry I just did a small set for the local fair grounds as a demo to get my name over the PA ... I plan on doing the high schools this fall before football starts all I'm charging them is what my cost are. ... Something to think about if this is a local job ... in return I get to hang a banner on the fence an a spot over the PA at half time and inbetween quarters at al home games ... Not a bad deal i don't think

Don M.

Terry, I've seen some guys use a small 10-12 inch scrubber on those. Someone way back over on TGS posted pics of what they did and how they did it.

Rick Petry

Terry,

Matt Johnson and friends cleaned the Cooperstown, NY Baseball Hall of Fame stadium a few years back. Matt may have some pointers.

Terry Miller

Great response folks. I really appreciate your ideas and suggestions. I will Bid the job and hopefully get it. I don't have a problem doing something out of our box once in a while. Makes for an interesting day or two! LOL I have a small misomatic hand held cleaner. Between that and the wand, I figure we will have two day charges with two workers. Of course I believe we can do it in about 1.5 days. It is kinda cool getting something to do differently. Any other ideas? Who else has done something different this year? Thank you.

The Cleaning Doctor

Contributing Member
I sent a message to Steve Rowlett and this was his response. "You need Aluma Brite Concentrate from Flynn's". It would do you good to brighten as well as cleaning the grime off.