• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

exhaust grease on roof

Marc Cournoyer

This question is for the grease pros , I received a call from a local burger place , that need grease removed from the roof ( hood guys wouldn't do it ???) hood is clean , the grease in the gutter is a half inch thick , that trail you see on the roof is thickest closer to the fan !/4 in , down to about a 1/16 near the gutter , wondering what the smartest way to attack this mess is ??
I was thinking of scraping off what I can with a flat drywall knife same with gutter then washing off the remainder with a degreaser ( What ever you pros recommend) Am I on the right track ?? Any thing Im missing ? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSCN1128.jpg
    DSCN1128.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN1129.jpg
    DSCN1129.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 35

Michael Tessaro

Marc, As a greaser Im embarrassed for this KEC guy. That should be part of his service. But to clean it up you will need an aggressive degreaser and a hot water unit. The grease has already soaked into the roofing material which has and is degrading the roof. Be sure and trap the run off coming out of the gutter and dispose of it in a sanitary sewer. The gutter bildup needs to be scrapped out manually and put into the dumpster. To prevent further grease buildup the restaurant need a roof grease containment system. PM me or call me if you need to discuss it further.

But to clean it up you will need an aggressive degreaser and a hot water unit. The grease has already soaked into the roofing material which has and is degrading the roof.
Would degreaser hot water harm the shingle. I though shingle was made from grease byproduct that a degreaser would harm the shingles possible make the shingles fale

RMedbery

The stain will always be there. Sprinkle some bio-clean on it. Several applications over a period of months will get rid of most of the grease. The bugs will not harm any petroleum based product.