• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Capturing Demographics/Statistics for our Industry

Carlos Gonzales

UAMCC Contractor Member Steven Button of CleanFast USA broached an idea recently about obtaining statistical information on the pressure washing industry at the national convention.

As most of you know, there is no compelling statistics or current statistics about our industry...anywhere. The last official data came from a 2002 Census and that in itself was a poor showing on the Census part of who we are as an industry.

I like this idea.

I wanted to kick this subject around to see whether or not we can formulate a plan or strategy to entice power washers to voluntarily participate. Steven..thanks for the idea. Lets see where this goes...

Terry Miller

Carlos,
That is a great idea. Steve would make a great chairman for getting the job done? Having ststistics will always improve our game plan. Knowing who, what and where about our business is invaluable. The PDCA has 150 years of information. It is easy to know how to deal when you know what to deal. Great idea!

Eric Flynn

Great idea!
I remember putting our business plan together...searching for for the data. And all I could find was the 02 info. :saai:
This needs to be done!

~Jen

Carlos Gonzales

Doing this, in my view, is a necessary and prudent move. Not only from the UAMCC but industry wide. Wonder if we can get other entities involved to assist?

Capturing demographic data is never a bad thing, as long as the objective is to use it in a positive and constructive manner. That being said, there are things that many won't feel obliged to share.

I personally would most likely share 85-95% of it, if asked.

Carlos Gonzales

The UAMCC could get this out to a very broad audience in the mobile contract cleaning industry.

An example would be the different trade magazines and also emails blasts. We can ask distributors to insert the 'questionnaire' when they ship products. We have some established contacts at the manufacturer level also.

Having this done and done the right way would need to involve several entities.

Our Direct Media relation would fit great for this. They could and would be able to offer direction to us about what demographics to "pull" from.

Terry Miller

Actually using the Board for info gathering may help. Each Director could gather statistics in their Region and we could combine them. Within a year we should have enough info to write an article?

Carlos Gonzales

The obvious questions are who (specifically) are the entities and how much would it cost?

I was thinking about getting the trade magazines involved (Cleaner Times, Window Washers and anybody else). Ask them to do a package insert for us.

Ask distributors and manufacturers to put what ever we come up with there shipping...

I am more than certain there are many other ways of getting the data compiled.

I will bend Bill McKay's (Direct Media) ear on this also to see if he has any suggestions!

DJ Carroll

This would be some solid help for any one just starting out.. . I know I would still love some info like this. . . Let me know how EasyPro can help Los