10 90.91%
  • Up Streming

0 0%
  • sprayer (electric, pump, etc..)

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2- step application

Default Re: 2- step application

I used to do upstream but it was tearing up my equipment. Since switching to downstream it lasts much longer and results are basically the same.
    Paul Kassander
    The Power Wash Store
    Mobi Clean Inc.
    855-351-9274
    www.powerwashstore.com
    www.mobicleaninc.com

Pressure Washer Parts, Cleaning Detergents, Pressure Washers, and Pressure Washer Technical Support

Commercial pressure washer Wisconsin, Fleet washer Wisconsin, Concrete cleaning Wisconsin, [URL="http://www.mobicleaninc.com/page/1nosi/Residential.html"]Residential property cleaning Wisconsin

http://uamcc.org/images/logos/Associ...0Signature.png

I am want to two step as well. Can some one walk me through the process. I hate brushing the equipment, takes to long.
    Adrian Gentry
    Pressure Professors Inc
    678-920-4153

come on fleet guys how do you apply. I down stream as Paul said it is easier on your pump, but also keep m-5's handy just in case something goes wrong on the job site.

I have been 2 stepping for about 1 1/2 years now, I downsstream also, I use an adjustable injector, hydrofloric acid first, I know this may not apply to everyone else but, I run mine while on acid about an 1/8 to 1/4 turn depending on how dirty they are, and try to stay off glass, once the acid is on you need to hurry and get the degreaser on to nuteralize the acid. switch to my degreaser, and run it about double the ratio 1/4 to 1/2 on the injector, then rinse and you will never wash anyother way i promise. you can also use the acid in the line after switching to your degreaser to flash the aluminum tanks or wheels. MAKE SURE YOU WEAR ALL SAFTEY GEAR TO PREVENT ACID FROM COMING INCONTACT WITH YOU SKIN. everyone I talked to about hydrofloric acid got me scared to use it, so I started two stepping with citric acid till I was comfortable with the process, then switched to the good stuff. citric acid works, but the price difference is unbelievable, and the citric is not nearly as hot as the hydrofloric, but be careful it can and will kill you. AGAIN THIS MAY NOT BE THE BEST WAY BUT IT WORKS GOOD FOR ME. hope this helps.
    PERFORMANCE POWERWASH
    (405)250-1131

I have been using a combination of downstream and xjet. Have the acid on the downstream and the ph solutin on the xet since when I put on the xjet it stops drawing the acid.

For those that downstream both.... Do you switch over to each chem at the truck?
    Florin Nutu
    ALL WASHED UP EXTERIOR CLEANING LLC
    206-380-4555

Seattle Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing
    email--- allwashedupexterior@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Clean Image View Post
    come on fleet guys how do you apply. I down stream as Paul said it is easier on your pump, but also keep m-5's handy just in case something goes wrong on the job site.
    This is the way i wash i make sure every thing is wet then i spray my chems and i rinse i brush when i need to brush.
    Lonnie and Nikki Greenwood
    ANR Pressure Washing, Inc
    Deltona, Florida
    386-232-4388 Office
    386-473-6809 Cell
    lonnie@anrpressurewashing.com [url]www.anrpressurewashing.com
    serving the following states FL GA SC NC TN VA TX Or and states in between Go UAMCC!!!!!!!

I have to go back to my truck, and switch the injector line from acid to degreaser. I am in the process of building a solenoid that I can switch back and forth that is wireless.
    PERFORMANCE POWERWASH
    (405)250-1131

Quote Originally Posted by OKWASHER View Post
    I have to go back to my truck, and switch the injector line from acid to degreaser. I am in the process of building a solenoid that I can switch back and forth that is wireless.
    I never acid what do you use and why do you acid
    Lonnie and Nikki Greenwood
    ANR Pressure Washing, Inc
    Deltona, Florida
    386-232-4388 Office
    386-473-6809 Cell
    lonnie@anrpressurewashing.com [url]www.anrpressurewashing.com
    serving the following states FL GA SC NC TN VA TX Or and states in between Go UAMCC!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie Greenwood View Post
    I never acid what do you use and why do you acid
    I use a hydrofloric acid, it is called appocolipse, KO sells it. I do not two step everything. a lot of the time there is a film left on the vehicle your washing, my soap melts dirt and grease, and leaves a great shine for the most part, but if you wipe the side of the vehicle with your finger you can see a line, that is where you should have brushed the truck right. When you apply the acid first, then the degreaser it is as good as brushing if not better if done right. it will take off surface rust, it brightens aluminum makes chrome shine, and I could go on and on. BUT AGAIN I AM SCARED TO DEATH OF THIS STUFF. IF YOUR GOING TO USE HF YOU NEED TO HAVE RESPECT FOR IT. I have 1 acount that has 35 trucks, I can 2 step all of then in 3-3.5hrs, by myself, if i had to brush then i would be there for hours. I was alone, but if i had some cheap help i mught brush more trucks.
    PERFORMANCE POWERWASH
    (405)250-1131

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information