• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

2- step application

application method?

• Total voters

Paul Kassander

UAMCC Associate Member
I used to do upstream but it was tearing up my equipment. Since switching to downstream it lasts much longer and results are basically the same.

Trevor Steel

come on fleet guys how do you apply. I down stream as Paul said it is easier on your pump, but also keep m-5's handy just in case something goes wrong on the job site.

OKWASHER

I have been 2 stepping for about 1 1/2 years now, I downsstream also, I use an adjustable injector, hydrofloric acid first, I know this may not apply to everyone else but, I run mine while on acid about an 1/8 to 1/4 turn depending on how dirty they are, and try to stay off glass, once the acid is on you need to hurry and get the degreaser on to nuteralize the acid. switch to my degreaser, and run it about double the ratio 1/4 to 1/2 on the injector, then rinse and you will never wash anyother way i promise. you can also use the acid in the line after switching to your degreaser to flash the aluminum tanks or wheels. MAKE SURE YOU WEAR ALL SAFTEY GEAR TO PREVENT ACID FROM COMING INCONTACT WITH YOU SKIN. everyone I talked to about hydrofloric acid got me scared to use it, so I started two stepping with citric acid till I was comfortable with the process, then switched to the good stuff. citric acid works, but the price difference is unbelievable, and the citric is not nearly as hot as the hydrofloric, but be careful it can and will kill you. AGAIN THIS MAY NOT BE THE BEST WAY BUT IT WORKS GOOD FOR ME. hope this helps.

Florin Nutu

I have been using a combination of downstream and xjet. Have the acid on the downstream and the ph solutin on the xet since when I put on the xjet it stops drawing the acid.

For those that downstream both.... Do you switch over to each chem at the truck?

Lonnie Greenwood

come on fleet guys how do you apply. I down stream as Paul said it is easier on your pump, but also keep m-5's handy just in case something goes wrong on the job site.

This is the way i wash i make sure every thing is wet then i spray my chems and i rinse i brush when i need to brush.:clap::clap::clap::clap:

OKWASHER

I have to go back to my truck, and switch the injector line from acid to degreaser. I am in the process of building a solenoid that I can switch back and forth that is wireless.

OKWASHER

I never acid what do you use and why do you acid

I use a hydrofloric acid, it is called appocolipse, KO sells it. I do not two step everything. a lot of the time there is a film left on the vehicle your washing, my soap melts dirt and grease, and leaves a great shine for the most part, but if you wipe the side of the vehicle with your finger you can see a line, that is where you should have brushed the truck right. When you apply the acid first, then the degreaser it is as good as brushing if not better if done right. it will take off surface rust, it brightens aluminum makes chrome shine, and I could go on and on. BUT AGAIN I AM SCARED TO DEATH OF THIS STUFF. IF YOUR GOING TO USE HF YOU NEED TO HAVE RESPECT FOR IT. I have 1 acount that has 35 trucks, I can 2 step all of then in 3-3.5hrs, by myself, if i had to brush then i would be there for hours. I was alone, but if i had some cheap help i mught brush more trucks.

Lonnie Greenwood

I use a hydrofloric acid, it is called appocolipse, KO sells it. I do not two step everything. a lot of the time there is a film left on the vehicle your washing, my soap melts dirt and grease, and leaves a great shine for the most part, but if you wipe the side of the vehicle with your finger you can see a line, that is where you should have brushed the truck right. When you apply the acid first, then the degreaser it is as good as brushing if not better if done right. it will take off surface rust, it brightens aluminum makes chrome shine, and I could go on and on. BUT AGAIN I AM SCARED TO DEATH OF THIS STUFF. IF YOUR GOING TO USE HF YOU NEED TO HAVE RESPECT FOR IT. I have 1 acount that has 35 trucks, I can 2 step all of then in 3-3.5hrs, by myself, if i had to brush then i would be there for hours. I was alone, but if i had some cheap help i mught brush more trucks.

I guess i have never had to do that my soaps work great and when i rinse there is no film on them at all and they are very shiny and i have my customer to come out and take a look and when they run there hands across the surface and it comes back clean they are happy.

Florin Nutu

I guess i have never had to do that my soaps work great and when i rinse there is no film on them at all and they are very shiny and i have my customer to come out and take a look and when they run there hands across the surface and it comes back clean they are happy.

Are you having to scrub though?

OKWASHER

I think I use one of the best soaps around, KO #355 trailer brite. when I say you can wipe the side of the trailer with your finger and see a line, that is when its wet. after it dries it is a different story. I wash a lot of nasty fleet trucks, and I do not brush, but its hard for me to believe you can presoak a truck with just soap, then high pressure rinse and get a dirty truck clean. are you high pressure soap washing and then high pressure rinsing? brushing? maybe double soaping?