Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Jeff/ Condo King! Words of Wisdom

Default Re: Jeff/ Condo King! Words of Wisdom

Its great to see this is working for everyone. Please remember if you send and intro letter keep it very simple.

If you send a flyer or ad attached? Its likely to end up in the trash.

Jeff,

My name is Jimmy. I am reading all of your posts as well as others on here and appreciate you sharing the knowledge you have. I do have a couple of questions.

With me being new to the industry what can I use in a intro letter when it comes to experience? I do plan on getting experience from the residential before I tackle these types of projects, but I already know they will say what kind of experience do I have with their type of properties versus residential. To me dirt, grease, grime, mold and mildew as well as oil on concrete will be the same no matter what you clean it off from, but the setup and working of dealing with people may change, so how would I tackle this question or what would I say in a intro letter about this?

Also, what type of equipment would I need when I get to this stage of cleaning to make it the best use of time while cleaning? Is there any special type of insurance or amount to be in this end of the cleaning buisness?

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy
    Colonial Power Washing and Painting by Sutton specializes in professional Pressure Washing Services and Roof Cleaning in Reading PA
    Make us your go to Pressure Washing company on FACE BOOK today!

Contact us for a free estimate or consultation at:

484-334-1311

Jimmy,

Everyone has to start some where. Definitly get a good amount experience from residential, .you will need it. I try to tell people that condo and town home buildings are just big houses and thats how they can be tackled

Now the intro letter you don't want to or need to lie but you may have embellish a little. You can introduce yourself and company you can use lines like the trusted contractor of customers, that you do quality work etc etc etc etc . Then you got to hope they dont ask for references. if they do and dont ask for other PM references give them some of your customers names.(call and ask customers first). Keep your letter short and you can use the services you offer to fill the letter

Building Washing
    Concrete Cleaning
    Wood Restoration
    Gutter Cleaning
    Roof Cleaning

If you have done all this in residential and mastered it you are not lieing

Please get your expereince first a couple years I would suggest unless you are working 5 days a week 10 hours a day and master it in less than the 2 years.

Im not going into a lot of detail how to do the work, but it is best to have at least 2 machines running, they should really be at least 5.5GPM makes work go faster making you more money. You have to be reliable and on time. you dont want to mess up

This is a good thread to BUMP as there is great information in it from Mr. Jeff L. the CONDO KING
    [B]Carlos Gonzales[/B]
    [B]New Look Power Wash
    [URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com"]Pressure Wash in California[/URL][/B]
    [URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com/category/uncategorized"][B]California Pressure Washing Blog[/B][/URL]
    [B][URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com/california-pressure-wash-blog/pressure-wash-services-in-san-francisco.html"]Pressure Wash Services in San Francisco[/URL][/B]

Whos doing condo, apartment, multi unit properties these day???

Quote Originally Posted by JL Pressure View Post
    Whos doing condo, apartment, multi unit properties these day???
    We are Jeff. Its been a little bit of an issue with the PM we are dealing with on our project. Apparently her or the board did not read the contract, just looked at price. But it looks like we hammered out or differences and we are back on track.

We also just got another multi unit wash. Looks like Marler's might be creating a new division. LOL. Its hard to keep up with the resi stuff too. We are working 14-15 hour days, but my guys are getting it done. I help some, but its mostly buying supplies, lunch, gallons of gatorade (its a hot mother here) so forth and so on.

Life is good, like you say. Looking forward to vacation in July.

We have for a long time, going to Baltimore this summer. Already did a lot.
    Pressure washing in Pa.
    Brian Wendling
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    www.Rollingsudsinc.com

Jeff, when you do condos do you only do common areas? When we are doing HVAC bids it's tough to get condenser cleaning for the entire complex because each owner is responsible for their own unit. I have worked with a few (retirement ones) that were able to get the entire complex done. Any suggestions?
    Sonitx
    702-358-7477

Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Shelton View Post
    Jeff, when you do condos do you only do common areas? When we are doing HVAC bids it's tough to get condenser cleaning for the entire complex because each owner is responsible for their own unit. I have worked with a few (retirement ones) that were able to get the entire complex done. Any suggestions?
    Just common areas, which the exterior of the buildings are included. Ya ac is the owners responsibility, dont really know how you could get them all. But if you were to go after apartment complexes that is different, but they are tight with money and sometimes let things go to far

Quote Originally Posted by Don M. View Post
    We are Jeff. Its been a little bit of an issue with the PM we are dealing with on our project. Apparently her or the board did not read the contract, just looked at price. But it looks like we hammered out or differences and we are back on track.

We also just got another multi unit wash. Looks like Marler's might be creating a new division. LOL. Its hard to keep up with the resi stuff too. We are working 14-15 hour days, but my guys are getting it done. I help some, but its mostly buying supplies, lunch, gallons of gatorade (its a hot mother here) so forth and so on.

Life is good, like you say. Looking forward to vacation in July.
    Cool Don, I had to give up residential homes completely a couple few years ago, just didnt have time to break crew away to go do a few houses, always screwed with scheduling. Plus takes up way to much time doing estimates. Don all the time you spend doing house wash estimates, for $300, $400+, you could spend that time going after $3000. $4000 $10,000, $20,000 dollar jobs. Just something to think about if the PM work keeps growing for you. Don't get me wrong houses can be great and can also fill in slow times, just for us it really doesnt work anymore. We did about 10 houses this year so far, half for managers and the other half friends, didnt make one cent all freebies LOL

Great to see you are expanding and taking in the $$$$$

• Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information